Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785644 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9990 on: 11 February 2020, 19:17 »
@Watts - That’s a really nice upgrade tbh buddy. Do like the TCR and it’s good to see the black wheels against the white lol. I’m tempted to refit the Oz’s again  :grin:

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #9991 on: 11 February 2020, 19:47 »
Woooo page 1000!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #9992 on: 11 February 2020, 19:54 »
Congrats Watts! A lovely looking example in a great spec, I hope your bank account recovers in time but your new car looks far better than what VW have in store to kill off ICE desirability once and for all  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-seen-without-disguise

Seriously though, your TCR looks fantastic and that sunroof will be really nice on your road trip holidays, plus your passengers will like you more for them not needing yoga moves for ingress and egress!
It’ll be different to your old car but not too different, retaining most of the good bits, adding some better bits and some just plain different bits.

It took me a while to adjust to the TCR (and in fact I still am). The basic GTI is so good it’s not until you’re really pushing it that the additional handling and power becomes more than just a little bit of extra verve, but its forte is that there’s barely any trade off in normal regular use civility and economy despite a gradual but complete transformation when you take it by the scruff.
Wishing you many happy miles with the new car :afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9993 on: 11 February 2020, 20:31 »
Presumably you are going to get it wrapped in tornado red pretty quick??!!

Not a bad idea! Actually the Oryx looks great!

Congratulations!! very, very nice car!! :wink:

Cheers :smiley:

@Watts; It looks great :cool:. Hope you have many miles of enjoyable driving.

You need change your signature pic now as part of the therapy to help you get over the loss of three doors and Tornado Red :whistle:.

Thanks, I'm sure I will! Red...., mmmm :kiss: :whistle:

Makes sense...... As we lose one, I've just added a Tornado 3 door sig pic to restore the balance! :)

Looks fantastic too :smiley:

Yep; that looks really sharp. I passed (it was parked  :smiley: ) a white one this weekend and thought it looked much nicer in the metal than I thought a white one would. Nicer than any R I've seen that's for sure....

Cheers for that!

@Watts - That’s a really nice upgrade tbh buddy. Do like the TCR and it’s good to see the black wheels against the white lol. I’m tempted to refit the Oz’s again  :grin:

Thanks! I saw your alloys thread and I must say the Oz wheels do look really good. I wasn't a fan of black wheels either but I'm being converted :laugh:

Congrats Watts! A lovely looking example in a great spec, I hope your bank account recovers in time but your new car looks far better than what VW have in store to kill off ICE desirability once and for all  https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/motor-shows-geneva-motor-show/new-2020-volkswagen-golf-r-seen-without-disguise

Seriously though, your TCR looks fantastic and that sunroof will be really nice on your road trip holidays, plus your passengers will like you more for them not needing yoga moves for ingress and egress!
It’ll be different to your old car but not too different, retaining most of the good bits, adding some better bits and some just plain different bits.

It took me a while to adjust to the TCR (and in fact I still am). The basic GTI is so good it’s not until you’re really pushing it that the additional handling and power becomes more than just a little bit of extra verve, but its forte is that there’s barely any trade off in normal regular use civility and economy despite a gradual but complete transformation when you take it by the scruff.
Wishing you many happy miles with the new car :afro:

Cheers :smiley: I'm going out tomorrow to see if I can find some roads to explore the extra go on rather than the 20mph limit I suffered this afternoon :rolleyes: There's definitely something special in the TCR, even in the rather docile rolling around I suffered today. It'll get it's first run on Friday as we head off to Norfolk for my Mum's 80th.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #9994 on: 11 February 2020, 21:45 »
@Watts, congrats. Forget the colour- you’ll get over that. Real question is will you miss a proper gearbox?
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9995 on: 12 February 2020, 06:43 »
That looks superb Watts.  Pistonheads have even changed their landing page photo in homage to white GTI's for you :smiley:
« Last Edit: 12 February 2020, 07:11 by Philip »
TCR 3 door

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9996 on: 12 February 2020, 07:59 »
Thanks! I saw your alloys thread and I must say the Oz wheels do look really good. I wasn't a fan of black wheels either but I'm being converted :laugh:

:wink: I think I am too now after also seeing your TCR as well

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9997 on: 12 February 2020, 09:40 »
@Watts, congrats. Forget the colour- you’ll get over that. Real question is will you miss a proper gearbox?

Now that is a good question. Probably, yes. I like things to be simple, with the manual there's no buggering about with sport modes, you just put your foot down and you're off. My PP had a really eager character, much of that down to the pedalbox mind, but it was ready to go whenever I wanted it to. Once I've got to grips with the DSG and fitted the pedalbox I'm hoping some of that character will be there too. But I'm already seeing that the TCR for me is not just the gearbox, there's plenty of other niceties to enjoy and even if I haven't as yet discovered the eagerness in it, it does have lots of character.

That looks superb Watts.  Pistonheads have even changed their landing page photo in homage to white GTI's for you :smiley:

Thanks Philip :smiley: I can't see that on PH, do you have a link please?

:wink: I think I am too now after also seeing your TCR as well

Yeah, get those OZ wheels back on! Actually the garage I got my TCR from had a white 3dr CS with similar black OZ wheels. It was a great looking car, manual, recaros and around 12k miles. I was tempted briefly but as I'm looking more for a long term car I wanted to get as new as possible. Also they wanted nearly £28k for it :shocked:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Philip

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9998 on: 12 February 2020, 09:54 »

Thanks Philip :smiley: I can't see that on PH, do you have a link please?

https://www.pistonheads.com/  :cool:
TCR 3 door

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9999 on: 12 February 2020, 10:02 »
Yeah, get those OZ wheels back on! Actually the garage I got my TCR from had a white 3dr CS with similar black OZ wheels. It was a great looking car, manual, recaros and around 12k miles. I was tempted briefly but as I'm looking more for a long term car I wanted to get as new as possible. Also they wanted nearly £28k for it :shocked:

ha ha will do. Will run the BBS's for the next month or so as they are on winter tyres anyway so wise to use them at the mo still.
Still a lot of money and hence most end up going new over used as the price differential isn't big enough and you get better discounts/rates on new too.