Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785691 times)

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9000 on: 08 December 2018, 23:23 »
Like the look of those - which ones are they exactly? Can I be rude and ask how many $$$?

Be interested to see a pic when they are on the car.

Greig
« Last Edit: 08 December 2018, 23:31 by MrJollygood »
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline Shandy77

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9001 on: 08 December 2018, 23:32 »
Rotated my dying Bridgestones to wear out the rears on the front before getting rid. Also took the opportunity to install some TPI 12mm spacers all round from Motech Performance - much better stance now.

Offline JB GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9002 on: 09 December 2018, 08:26 »
Rotated my dying Bridgestones to wear out the rears on the front before getting rid. Also took the opportunity to install some TPI 12mm spacers all round from Motech Performance - much better stance now.

Pictures ??
« Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 09:54 by JB GTI »
Now Gone: 3dr GTI Carbon Grey Performance Pack Dynaudio
Discover Nav Park Assist Rear Camera
Picked Up: 15th March 2014

Now Gone 3dr Golf R Lapiz Blue, DSG, Dynaudio, 19" Pretoria's, Discover Nav, Keyless, Rear View Camera
Picked Up: 1st March 2015

Now Gone Too: Mk7.5 Golf GTi Performance 5dr Indium Grey DSG Dynaudio 19” Brescia Alloys Vienna Leather Keyless Entry/Start Panoramic Roof 90% Tints Park Assist Rear View Camera Voice Activation Dynamic Lane Assist/DLA

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9003 on: 09 December 2018, 10:09 »
Like the look of those - which ones are they exactly? Can I be rude and ask how many $$$?

Be interested to see a pic when they are on the car.

Greig
They are Pretoria copies 18" in gun metal grey,  they're a bit darker than I thought.
Got them from CM Wheels who advertise on VWROC forum,  very helpful when i asked a few questions, 48hr delivery from Ireland.
£440 with the forum discount.
I will post pics when I get them on car not sure when tbat be as rather busy with work till holidays.
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9004 on: 09 December 2018, 10:23 »

Sealed my new wheels which I will use for winters.
18" Pretoria copies from CM wheels.
Getting Goodyear Ultra Performance Gen-1 tyres hopefully this week to fit next weekend.

I've just bought the same wheels from CM, but in Hyper Silver. Have put a set of Bridgestone Weather control A005s on. Will get pics up when fitted. Just waiting for VW Centre caps to arrive. (The ones from the Austins dont fit...)

« Last Edit: 09 December 2018, 10:37 by hobbes22 »
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline MrJollygood

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9005 on: 09 December 2018, 12:02 »
£440 for a set of 4...?

Greig
2013 Golf GTI (PP) Tornado Red
1959 Triumph TR3A
2014 Porsche Cayman S

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9006 on: 09 December 2018, 12:39 »
Tried to fit some carbon mirror caps today... unfortunately despite buying what I thought would be a decent product, they don’t fit.

Anyone fitted new mirror caps? Shouldn’t need to be forced into place should they? The OEM one slotted back with almost no effort. Quality of the finish is good but they just aren’t the same shape as the inside part is too curved in.

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline hobbes22

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9008 on: 09 December 2018, 13:24 »
Tried to fit some carbon mirror caps today... unfortunately despite buying what I thought would be a decent product, they don’t fit.

Anyone fitted new mirror caps? Shouldn’t need to be forced into place should they? The OEM one slotted back with almost no effort. Quality of the finish is good but they just aren’t the same shape as the inside part is too curved in.

Shame, they look really nice quality.
Sold - Octavia 2.0 PD Tdi. Shark remap. EGR Delete. Decat. H&R Shocks. Hybrid Turbo.

Sold - 2016 GTI PP, Manual. Pure White. Keyless.

Current - GTI Performance, DSG, Isaac Blue, Brescia 19”.

Offline dubvrs

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9009 on: 09 December 2018, 13:33 »

They do require a bit of force as they don’t flex like the oem plastic. Normally needs the inner corner flexing out a bit to fit.