Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785797 times)

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #5180 on: 30 August 2016, 17:26 »
Re-coded my rear lights using OBDEleven Pro.  Changed to Scandanavian DRL's and rear indicators to pace car style (although you don't quite get the Audi style)

https://youtu.be/DrHkjYqWF_c

Really impressed with OBDEleven and its app.  Easy to use the ready programmed coding or you can do it yourself similar to VAGCOM.  OBDEleven Pro is about £45 direct or via their eBay site, the app is free but only works on Android devices.

Isn't that the one that you buy the dongle, get the free phone app but each "mod" is a purchase with a separate price?

You can't just fiddle around, its pre-packaged items at $$$ each?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5181 on: 30 August 2016, 19:16 »
There is a dieselgate update for GTDs - my Dad has been requested to come in for his, but a colleague at work has seen his car 5% thirstier and running 4C cooler than before he had it in. Now my Dad's car is out of warranty, he's not sure whether to get it done or not.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline evo GT

• Not said much yet
« Reply #5182 on: 30 August 2016, 19:26 »
Re-coded my rear lights using OBDEleven Pro.  Changed to Scandanavian DRL's and rear indicators to pace car style (although you don't quite get the Audi style)

https://youtu.be/DrHkjYqWF_c

Really impressed with OBDEleven and its app.  Easy to use the ready programmed coding or you can do it yourself similar to VAGCOM.  OBDEleven Pro is about £45 direct or via their eBay site, the app is free but only works on Android devices.

Isn't that the one that you buy the dongle, get the free phone app but each "mod" is a purchase with a separate price?

You can't just fiddle around, its pre-packaged items at $$$ each?

Not quite.  The pre-packaged apps use 10 credits, of which you get 50 free credits with the app, and can have 7 free credits per day.  You can purchase packs of credits if you want. But you still have the ability to programme changes yourself (for free, no credits) like you do on VAGCOM.  There's plenty of forum sites to give you these "self programmed" easy to follow guidance, so no need to spend any more money on credits for the app.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #5183 on: 30 August 2016, 20:24 »
There is a dieselgate update for GTDs - my Dad has been requested to come in for his, but a colleague at work has seen his car 5% thirstier and running 4C cooler than before he had it in. Now my Dad's car is out of warranty, he's not sure whether to get it done or not.

Won't you get it regardless if the main dealer service it?

Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #5184 on: 30 August 2016, 21:22 »
One update is for engine fueling and the other is for central control unit whatever that is. Got my Tiguan in for its first service in a few weeks and got told about update. I specifically asked if any of the updates were emission/dieselgate related and got told no as my engine wasnt included (184ps Tiguan).
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline davewilliams000

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #5185 on: 30 August 2016, 21:34 »
One update is for engine fueling and the other is for central control unit whatever that is. Got my Tiguan in for its first service in a few weeks and got told about update. I specifically asked if any of the updates were emission/dieselgate related and got told no as my engine wasnt included (184ps Tiguan).

Sounds good. Thanks. :smiley:
2015 65 plate Mk7 GTD Manual in Tornado Red

https://www.flickr.com/photos/davewilliams000

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5186 on: 30 August 2016, 22:08 »

I thought the Mk7 was a Euro 6 engine and hence not affected?
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #5187 on: 30 August 2016, 22:12 »
Had an email from Arnold Clark VW Wishaw regarding my upcoming service on Thursday. Says the following:

•   Vehicle: Volkswagen Golf 2.0 TDI GTD 5Dr
•   Work to be undertaken:
o   Carry out warranty recall as per campaign
o   24cp software up-date
o   9101 software up-date

Warranty recall will be the fins on the side of the rear screen if they haven't already been changed.
One of the software updates will be to update the media unit.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #5188 on: 30 August 2016, 23:35 »
Someone else did this to it.... :cry:

Out and about in the car on work business this afternoon and hit in the rear coming off a roundabout by a transit type van.  Hit my passenger side rear wing and bumper.  Fair bit of damage to rear off side wing, bumper, rear light and the wheel and damage under wheel arch.   F**king hell!

I was indicating left and had all but exited the roundabout onto the dual carriageway when heard and felt a bang which rocked the back of the car.  I immediately pulled off the dual carriageway into a nearby side road and parked up. I didn't see the vehicle that hit me, but a few moments later a blue Peugeot pulled up into the side road and came alongside me and wound down his window.  Assumed he must be the driver that hit me but it was someone who witnessed the incident. Incredibly, I knew the witness guy (someone used to work with) - he said a transit type van had hit me in the rear.  He was travelling behind the van and he’d seen what happened and transit driver was at fault. 

The transit was indicating right, to go right round the roundabout but was driving in the left hand lane and hit the back of me, just as I was leaving the roundabout and still clearly indicating left.  He said the transit had then pulled off into a different side road but by the time I got back in the car and round the one way system to that location it was gone.  I phoned him later to get a description of the van, he unfortunately hadn't been able to get the reg number but said it was very distinctive large brown transit of some sort, with a hotchpotch of panels painted different colours.  I suddenly realised that I had seen it on my way back round the roundabout on way to police station but didn't know it was the offending van at the time!!!  I have reported it to the police and will be checking to see if there’s any cctv covering the roundabout and adjacent area that may have captured the incident and hopefully identify the van. Also reported to my insurer and I' arranging to get the car assessed and a quote from my preferred repairer later this week.

P!ssed off doesn't even begin to describe it.

The damage

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #5189 on: 31 August 2016, 03:35 »
Someone else did this to it.... :cry:

Out and about in the car on work business this afternoon and hit in the rear coming off a roundabout by a transit type van.  Hit my passenger side rear wing and bumper.  Fair bit of damage to rear off side wing, bumper, rear light and the wheel and damage under wheel arch.   F**king hell!

Really gutted for you Rebecca, :angry: and the offending driver not even having the decency to stop makes my blood boil! Hope they can be traced and they get their come-uppance.

Hope you get it sorted quickly - judging by the work the body shop did on your previous minor damage, they'll do a fantastic job with the repairs.

2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl