Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785912 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #3990 on: 17 March 2016, 23:19 »
Carried out some VCDS tweaks on the GTI

Puddle lights on the doors illuminate irrespective of whether the mirrors are folded or not.
Inner brake lights.
Dimming DRLs (just slightly) when indicating.
Automatic coming home without needing to flash the main beam.
Fog light also coming on when using the main beam.
Fog lights and DRLs used for coming / leaving home
Auto fan selection showing what level its at.

All feeling familiar now  ;D
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #3991 on: 17 March 2016, 23:43 »
Hit a pheasant which managed to destroy the ACC sensor and grille, ACC sensors are a tad expensive  :shocked:

Just for reference, have you had this repaired yet Wigit ?

I've heard that the sensor itself isn't too bad, but the calibration is what bumps the price up ? Purely cos' I'm very nosey, in case this happens to someone else, what sort of money are we looking at ?

It's amazing how much damage they can do.  As Sootchuker says it's the calibration that costs.  Do you think your alignment has been knocked out.  That's all linked to the radar sensor too so that also bumps up the cost.  Hope you get it sorted ok and the cost is not too much of a nasty surprise.  Now, what have you done with the bird? - is it hung up at your place, lol. 

Lots of Pheasant round my way but have so far managed to avoid a collision with one.  One comes in our garden everyday for a mooch round.  The car doesn't know what to make of it!!

ACC appears to be working having done some VCDS checks, so it does not need the entire shebang, I had a look at ETKA tonight and appears bits I need can be bought separately, in essence frond surround and the cradle it sits in. The cradle is what has broken as this is flaps, I think it is engineered to be sacrificial (says repair kit on Etka). The error code it throws is when the sensor moves

The price for the alignment and calibration was not to much of a wince, I am sure it may be less when we have a conversation on diagnotics

Irony was I had it happen on the way to pick up some new brake pads and lines which were being fitted on the way back as long with a fluid change

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3992 on: 17 March 2016, 23:49 »
Took my car into the dealers to discuss the recent damage they caused when it was in getting some warranty work!!! (Oh how I hate garages) and seen the valeter using this to dry a car he had just washed.

That's bound to cause swirls!?

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3993 on: 18 March 2016, 00:23 »
Took my car into the dealers to discuss the recent damage they caused when it was in getting some warranty work!!! (Oh how I hate garages) and seen the valeter using this to dry a car he had just washed.

That's bound to cause swirls!?

I would say without a doubt.  This very thing was discussed recently on another forum, and many comments posted on damage seen as a result of using a blade to dry a car.  http://www.vwroc.com/forums/topic/12827-drying-a-car-with-a-flexi-blade/

Could well explain the scratches to your new car.  Imagine if there's any small particles of grit or debris caught between the blade and the paintwork - instant damage in large sweeps very much like you have on yours.
« Last Edit: 18 March 2016, 00:26 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3994 on: 18 March 2016, 00:27 »
Yeah totally agree Bec. It wasn't the same dealer as my wife's car but a sister dealership so no doubt they all use them.
On that car, they have told me the estimates I submitted were far too high so I can see me having to take the case further.
I've told them if they don't want to pay for the damage that's fine just order us an identical car and don't prep it. Simple.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3995 on: 18 March 2016, 00:32 »
Yeah totally agree Bec. It wasn't the same dealer as my wife's car but a sister dealership so no doubt they all use them.
On that car, they have told me the estimates I submitted were far too high so I can see me having to take the case further.
I've told them if they don't want to pay for the damage that's fine just order us an identical car and don't prep it. Simple.

Yeah I bet they used a blade on your wife's car (sorry, keep calling it yours!).  Nicely played Stevie regards the detailing costs v new replacement car. Hold firm, they caused the damage, it's entirely justified that you should want it rectifying by a reputable professional and not by the very dealership that inflicted the damage in the first place.  Someone else was in the same situation as you and in the end the dealership agreed to pay for a pro detail.  Good luck, I hope they see sense soon.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #3996 on: 18 March 2016, 01:42 »
LoL no problem re calling it my car. I do pay for it after all  :grin:

Interestingly when I went for estimates the detailers said it is happening more and more. They have had loads of cars especially new ones in being machine corrected with certain dealers saying they would pay no problem.
They also said the bigger companies like Audi and BMW have started transporting cars to them to be prepared properly for handover. So maybe it is sinking in with some dealerships that folk won't just accept poor standards any more.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #3997 on: 18 March 2016, 08:11 »
LoL no problem re calling it my car. I do pay for it after all  :grin:

Interestingly when I went for estimates the detailers said it is happening more and more. They have had loads of cars especially new ones in being machine corrected with certain dealers saying they would pay no problem.
They also said the bigger companies like Audi and BMW have started transporting cars to them to be prepared properly for handover. So maybe it is sinking in with some dealerships that folk won't just accept poor standards any more.

Worrying that it's becoming more prevalent, but encouraging that some companies are now starting to see the light.  Hope you get your wife's car sorted.

2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline CraigW

• I live here
« Reply #3998 on: 18 March 2016, 08:35 »

Hope you get this sorted pal. Keep us posted  :smiley: :smiley:

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #3999 on: 18 March 2016, 09:36 »
Yes, worrying. No chances to be taken! Yesterday I arranged with my dealer to collect my GTi "in the wraps".
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.