Author Topic: The DVLA Information Thread  (Read 134279 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: The DVLA Information Thread
« Reply #70 on: 06 October 2010, 22:48 »
This is one we are really struggling to work out between us...normally to remove a plate to sell at a personal plate then the vehicle will get an age related mark. The "original" mark you talk of is actually the irish mark on the car, that is the plate that has always been on the car.

I would go in and speak to the Local Office. They will have all the paperwork there...
Thanks for the info, are you sure about the reg being the original because i dont believe it is...  how can you tell as i didnt mention what the mark was?

By an Irish mark i assume you mean something like "RAZ 5437" which would actually be registered as a UK car from northern ireland, it would be the plate that originally came on the car.
Thanks for the reply, yes its that kind of plate but don't pople by them as private though too, Like DAZ 7651 and GAZ etc... the previous owner told me it was not the original plate hence why i'm cuirious what my options are and the changes of it getting its "A" plate back.

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
  • Its Whats Under The Hood That Counts........
« Reply #71 on: 31 October 2010, 21:13 »
Hi i have a bit of a long question.

Right i bought my mk2 nearly 8 weeks ago. When i went to view the car i fell in love with it so decided to buy it, now the problem i have is that the guy had just sent off for the log book as it had been declaired sorn by the privious owner before he bought it (this was stated in the sale ad that he did). When i spoke to him and agreed to buy the car he said that he would forward me the logbook when he gets it. So i left him my address and he handed me all the service book and loads of history and paper work like that, loaded the car up and went home. Like i have said it has now been 8 weeks and i have contacted the guy i bought it from several times and he has said he hasnt heard from the dvla. Now my problem that i have is i really need to get the golf taxed (it is already MOT'd), i am a little worried that the guy i bought it from hasnt actually applied for the logbook, is there anyway i can find out if he has through the dvla? Should i apply for it myself, which means another long time waiting for it? Is there anyway of taxing it without the logbook??

Thanks

Id Rather Push A VW Then Drive A Ford. 

www.bombercountydubs.co.uk

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #72 on: 02 November 2010, 10:33 »
you cant tax it without the log book or new keeper suppliment. you could always ring it! (joke)

apply for it kai - dvla will write to the previous registered keeper, they have 2 weeks to respond.

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
« Reply #73 on: 02 November 2010, 15:54 »
Ok will do, just read the application form but a little confused  :huh:, do i need to pay the £25 for the logbook?

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #74 on: 02 November 2010, 15:59 »
yes.

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
« Reply #75 on: 02 November 2010, 16:10 »
But it says

• I enclose the fee of £25 ✖
• I do not enclose the fee because:
– I am the new keeper and I have enclosed the new keeper’s details section (V5C/2); or
– an insurance company destroyed the V5C because they considered it to be category C
salvage (see section D over the page).

The section i have put in bold is why it confused me as i have to fill that section out as i am the new keeper.

Offline bored_Welsh_lad

• I live here
« Reply #76 on: 04 November 2010, 21:56 »
do you or the guy you bought the car off have the new keepers supplement? a small green slip?
Mk3 Golf Gti:Full Milltek system and Decat,K&N filter,mk2 Cam,-1.5 degree camber shims, borbet a's, toyo proxies,hot tuning coils, brembo vented discs, greenstuff pads...Soon to have Eaton Power

mk3 16v 5dr Gti,mintex extreme pads,drilled/grooved discs,lowered,cat back powerflow system,omp panel filter with modified airbox,debadged grill, started prep for spraying, lots to come :D

Bumper Vents :D

Offline Peej1981

• I live here
« Reply #77 on: 05 November 2010, 11:15 »
do you or the guy you bought the car off have the new keepers supplement? a small green slip?

No he didnt have the slip as when he bought it it was already sorned and the privious owner couldnt find the log book. He had told him that he would look fo it but never sent it through, this is why he then applied for it? What if i apply for it and then he actually has applied for it, would this not delay the process???

Offline lewis1641

• I live here
  • stuck in the 90's
« Reply #78 on: 11 November 2010, 15:18 »
if you dont have the new keeper suppliment you can't include it so you have to pay.

if he has applied (i suspect he didnt) and you do as well they will contact the previous keeper on record. that will either be him or the guy he bought the golf off so wont delay it.

gixer1400

« Reply #79 on: 12 November 2010, 22:35 »
just read this info page and wish i knew about it sooner :sad:
 just put in the info about my mk2 gti which on the mot said no advisories, but have found that a month previous it had failed on 6 points most of which i have already paid to sort, :cry:
 and an advisory list of some 20 odd items  :angry:
as the previous owner used a different mot station for the " Pass " i can only assume its a blag mot.
not impressed at all.
people like that should never be allowed to own a car again !!!!!!