Author Topic: fusebox/overheating/temp gauge  (Read 6539 times)

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
  • If I can't fix it at home, it ain't getting fixed.
Re: fusebox/overheating/temp gauge
« Reply #50 on: 04 April 2010, 21:45 »
sounds good to me... id finish what you started if you can, like i said before, make sure all earthing points are clean and in good condition.  also get those relays sorted out so they are not hanging by their wires.

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #51 on: 04 April 2010, 22:17 »
relays sortd ish couldnt get them all clipd in but thay never was will thay be ok?how many earths will be on the car 88 jh code?
« Last Edit: 05 April 2010, 00:36 by bully85 »

Offline bully85

• I live here
its this right fan?
« Reply #52 on: 06 April 2010, 17:25 »
ive been drivein the car today fine temp smack in the middle  :cool:so i left the car to run buy its self and after about5/10 mins the temp got to 3/4 fan kickd in for about 12secs then about 20/30 secs later again did this for about ten mins and the temp never went up but also never went down stuck at 3/4 the hole time is all that right?also when i drive it again it soon goes back down

Offline raferackstraw

• I live here
« Reply #53 on: 06 April 2010, 18:10 »
sounds about right mate, my own is nigh on constantly in hot weather and even when its chilly the fan is comes on every 3 or 4 mins if sat stationary,

as yours, once on the move it sits at halfway or just under, as long as your not overheating or losing coolant you should be fine

i have tried different clocks and relays in mine and they all read different when hot

with yours its just a case of getting to trust that the system is doing its job. keep a can of coolant and a few spares and tools in the car  :wink:

wayne gardner smokes one rothmans too many
500cc 2stroke bad for ya health

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #54 on: 06 April 2010, 18:30 »
lol thats exactly what it is its hard to trust it after six months of tryin to fix it with no joy and its lied to me b4!but its never run so cool and sweet as it does nw  :cool:i thort the fan would bring it back to half tho?not to botherd as its runing sweet and i can enjoy it just in time for hour 2weeks of summer that we will have!

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #55 on: 06 April 2010, 21:28 »
really glad things seem ok.... sounds fine to me.  hope you didnt waste too much money on trial and error although thats sometimes the way! i hope i can get mine on the road for the 2 weeks of summer.  got a way to go, hope the missus lets me get on with it now!  :smiley:

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #56 on: 06 April 2010, 21:36 »
lol spend a lil water pump 2xfan swich 4xtemp senders gsf ones 1x vw one 1x fusebox 1x rad 1x expansion tank and cap 3x thermostats and a feck loads of hours!but so happy working now still cant beleve it!the last problem now with i have only just noticed that my mileage and trip maileage isnt working any ideas on that one?what you got left to do to urs now the?
« Last Edit: 06 April 2010, 21:39 by bully85 »

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #57 on: 06 April 2010, 21:54 »
i feel your pain.... been there before!! dude youve seen my project page, if u look at the interior shots, thats where im at... its do gutting because it was a minter a few years back!..... i'm hoping from this weekend onwards i can get some real time on it.... cash is the ony prob though, as i will need to buy some seats and wheels which is my 2 major required purchaes... unless she gives me some horrible surprises with other issues.

Offline bully85

• I live here
« Reply #58 on: 06 April 2010, 23:07 »
at least it will be mint when ya done and you can be pround of all the work ya done good luck dude what wheels and seats ya looking for i will keep my eyes out 4 ya

Offline SoundillusioN

• 10k hero
« Reply #59 on: 06 April 2010, 23:21 »
cheers mate... my white one had 14@ BBS RA's the spokey ones from an early mk2... i think id go for them on this as the car has a proper old skool look about it as fars as the bbs body kit and spoiler goes... either that o some 14s with dishes, anythin considered but its gotta be cheap... missus is making me spend or our wage on the house!!!! as far as seats go, anything dark in coulour that will fit for now.