Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785003 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12930 on: 04 May 2023, 18:05 »
That being said I didn’t particularly like the side wall design on the continentals, which is why i went michelin again.

Side wall was a big sell for me as the Michelins offer a good deal of rim protection. On both my GTIs I have only kerbed wheels with Pirellis which had a poor side wall in that regard.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12931 on: 10 May 2023, 09:06 »
CarPlay enabled by VW Retrofit in Redditch. Great price compared to a main dealer and no issue with USB compatibility. Alex was super efficient.

4 wheel alignment done by Matt at Spires in Warwick. Very nice and knowledgeable guy. Changes to the front and rear toe and rear camber have made a big difference. If your suspension is in good working order, I recommend a 4 wheel alignment prior to splashing cash on upgraded parts.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #12932 on: 10 May 2023, 12:14 »
Oponeo has anyone bought tyres online from these? last sets bought off eiretyres but not competitive this time.
Ive been using using Oponeo 5+ years. Never had any issues with delivery or the like and manufacture dates are very good on the tyres. Im in Ireland in the EU so I cant comment on delivery times and/or customs charges you may face if in the UK.
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12933 on: 10 May 2023, 15:59 »
Changed the drain pipe on the tailgate.

Offline Vw80

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12934 on: 10 May 2023, 21:34 »

Ive been using using Oponeo 5+ years. Never had any issues with delivery or the like and manufacture dates are very good on the tyres. Im in Ireland in the EU so I cant comment on delivery times and/or customs charges you may face if in the UK.

Good to hear I’m Irish based too where decent tyres are a rob. PS4’s are €189 -€199 there at min so may bite the bullet 🙈
Gti PP 2016 tornado red Dsg

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12935 on: 11 May 2023, 14:32 »
Had a Boing and rear spring broke on me so replaced both back ones today in between the showers. Excuse the Father in laws Bowls :grin:

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12936 on: 11 May 2023, 14:54 »
You’re a closet bowler! Tell the truth. 😂
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #12937 on: 11 May 2023, 15:05 »
Had a Boing and rear spring broke on me so replaced both back ones today in between the showers. Excuse the Father in laws Bowls :grin:

I'm just glad that last word wasn't a typo!!

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #12938 on: 11 May 2023, 15:13 »

Noticed a lot of damp where the spare fits. Googled it and come up with boot badge drain pipe damaged. Went to look at mine and there is an empty hole. No grommit, nothing.

So I need to do this. Is there a part number you can give me and maybe any tips on doing the job right.

Cheers

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #12939 on: 11 May 2023, 15:46 »
You’re a closet bowler! Tell the truth. 😂

Jeebus no, I am not at that point in life where I have given up. :grin: :grin:

Noticed a lot of damp where the spare fits. Googled it and come up with boot badge drain pipe damaged. Went to look at mine and there is an empty hole. No grommit, nothing.

So I need to do this. Is there a part number you can give me and maybe any tips on doing the job right.

Cheers

The OEM one is rubbish, I upgraded mine years ago and been perfect since.  https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=277074.30