Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785007 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12530 on: 12 October 2022, 18:30 »

Hi Will, what was the lead time please, as I need to get mine replaced in the next few weeks?

I think it was 2 weeks, strangely I was also the 2nd mk7 heated windscreen that the fitter had done in the same day who said it's a very rare option.

Thank you for the quick feedback Will
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline JB73

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12531 on: 15 October 2022, 20:28 »
Decided to assign a new numberplate, so fitted them today.

Cheers Jason

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12532 on: 19 October 2022, 15:40 »
Gave it a good wash today, first since March... Two snow foams, a thorough wash and dry and some tar removal. It really needs another go with some iron fallout remover but that'll have to wait for the Spring. Two coats of wax should keep it protected over Winter.

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #12533 on: 19 October 2022, 16:20 »
Gave it a good wash today, first since March... Two snow foams, a thorough wash and dry and some tar removal. It really needs another go with some iron fallout remover but that'll have to wait for the Spring. Two coats of wax should keep it protected over Winter.

Good effort @Watts. There’s something quite satisfying about cleaning a dirty car and seeing looking nice and clean again, especially if it’s been some time since it was last cleaned :cool:.

I gave mine a quick waxing a couple of months ago and the paintwork felt a little rough at the time, so it really does need decontaminating. Like you, I’ll probably be leaving it now until the springtime.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline dfm

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12534 on: 19 October 2022, 17:18 »
Fancy doing mine @Watts?  :grin:

I think Chris Harris has just picked up Mk 7/7.5 according to his instagram.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12535 on: 19 October 2022, 18:01 »
Fancy doing mine @Watts?  :grin:

Not sure you'd want my slap dash approach to cleaning let loose on your pride and joy! :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #12536 on: 19 October 2022, 18:08 »
Good effort @Watts. There’s something quite satisfying about cleaning a dirty car and seeing looking nice and clean again, especially if it’s been some time since it was last cleaned :cool:.

I gave mine a quick waxing a couple of months ago and the paintwork felt a little rough at the time, so it really does need decontaminating. Like you, I’ll probably be leaving it now until the springtime.

True, although the retard of a resident Robin in our front garden had already left one of his calling cards on the passenger mirror while I was still out there cleaning the cheeky so and so...

I might do a wee bit more while the weather is still holding out, most of the iron fallout is on the rear hatch so that won't take long. The biggest job is the wheels which really need to come off. They have never had a proper clean and show it. :embarrassed:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12537 on: 19 October 2022, 19:55 »
Good work Watts, it’ll be be a novelty to be able to see out of the back window now!
(Mine hasn’t been cleaned since the hosepipe ban in August so I can relate to the opaque rear screen thing)
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Gulfstream11

• I live here
« Reply #12538 on: 20 October 2022, 11:35 »
Good work Watts, it’ll be be a novelty to be able to see out of the back window now!
(Mine hasn’t been cleaned since the hosepipe ban in August so I can relate to the opaque rear screen thing)

Is that a thing.? I never use the rear wiper, just leave it until next wash. Reckoned it was just me been daft.

Previous rides..MKIV 1.8T   MKIV PD150  MK5 GTI MK5 edition30 now MK7 GTI PP

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #12539 on: 20 October 2022, 11:46 »
Yep, likewise, never use the rear wiper and never have. An even mess on the back screen is better than a messy mess all over the back of the car  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner