Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785071 times)

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #12120 on: 28 February 2022, 19:31 »
Over last few weeks, I've had seatbelts changed to black/red edging, gloss black seatbelt harness trim (not sure correct name) fitted, MOT, Brake Fluid Change/Upgrade to Racingline Braided lines/Fluid, Scorpion Non Resonated Catback system fitted & switched back from standard wheels to the BBS's

Looks effing superb my man

thank you

Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #12121 on: 28 February 2022, 19:33 »
in ref to the seatbelts, i managed to pick them up brand new from VW parts supplier direct - they were down as actual one's for Edition 40, but tbh i think they are all the same. they did cost me fair bit at the time - few 100 but that was during lockdown & i'd had a few beers when i came across them so....yeah bought them lol

to have them done was few 100 also, but obv where i went i had the gloss black trims done at same time. plenty of seatbelt firms out there tho, which can do them cheaper if take mechanism's out and send to them
Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12122 on: 28 February 2022, 19:54 »
MOT and 034 Dogbone insert fitted today, got through with only a tyre advisory! Initial impressions of the insert are, it's great! Noticable but not uncomfortable despite what some people have said, although it is just the lower so that could be why.
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline oryx3dr

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #12123 on: 28 February 2022, 19:55 »
Over last few weeks, I've had seatbelts changed to black/red edging, gloss black seatbelt harness trim (not sure correct name) fitted, MOT, Brake Fluid Change/Upgrade to Racingline Braided lines/Fluid, Scorpion Non Resonated Catback system fitted & switched back from standard wheels to the BBS's

Undoubtedly the best BBS choice. Looks great!
Current - 2020 Black Golf GTI Performance Pack DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Climate Windscreen, Brescia's
Sold - 2017 MK7 Oryx White 3dr GTI
Sold - 2019 Up GTI

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #12124 on: 02 March 2022, 19:01 »

Following the lead of willni I received my newly re-trimmed wheel from Royal Steering Wheels today. With his help I plan to swap the trim/switches and fit it tomorrow. Hopefully I will post again when done.
« Last Edit: 02 March 2022, 19:09 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12125 on: 02 March 2022, 20:21 »
Fitted a DTUK Pedalbox. Fitted and only a very quick test up the street. Can feel the difference but not blown away like I was expecting... Will know better after the run to work in the morning...
« Last Edit: 03 March 2022, 06:55 by rowlers »

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12126 on: 03 March 2022, 06:55 »
Fitted a DTUK Pedalbox. Fitted and only a very quick test up the street. Can feel the difference but not blown away like I was expecting... Will know better after the run to work in the morning...

Much better in sport+, in fact maybe too responsive! Impressed with the difference!

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #12127 on: 03 March 2022, 18:18 »
It can be fine tuned Lee, you can adjust sport+ to increase/decrease sensitivity.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline rowlers

• I live here
  • I'm back - MK7 GTI
« Reply #12128 on: 03 March 2022, 20:44 »
It can be fine tuned Lee, you can adjust sport+ to increase/decrease sensitivity.
Yeah, dropped it a couple of notches for the drive home from work, better. I can see why people rave about them. Makes the car much more lively...

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #12129 on: 07 March 2022, 10:05 »
Yeah, dropped it a couple of notches for the drive home from work, better. I can see why people rave about them. Makes the car much more lively...

Is car dsg? If so do you not find it always wanting to kick down gears?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI