Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785003 times)

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11930 on: 16 December 2021, 11:25 »
7 Th Birthday for the Golf and MOT, straight pass no advisories

36 k miles, VW stamps in the book

Thats alright .Nothing special in the world of Golfs but i like it
« Last Edit: 16 December 2021, 11:52 by Jason b »
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline P6GTD

• Here all the time
« Reply #11931 on: 16 December 2021, 15:52 »
That’s great Jason.
You have a well specced car too. If I had realised I would be keeping my car much longer than I ever planned I would have specced up quite a bit.
I always remember the advice “ once you have bought something you forget how much it cost but you live with the decisions you made”
For a start I think I would have specced Arts Velour.
But as a former PM was fond of saying “we are where we are” and it’s still a great car. A keeper I think.
2019 5Dr Mk7.5 Performance DSG. Indium Grey with DCC (and TCR spoiler)

(Previously two Mk7 GTIs, Mk6 GTI and Mk6 GTD)

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11932 on: 16 December 2021, 16:16 »
Nice…….and very strategic parking!

That was my first thought. Looks like the best - and safest space in the car park and the one I would have chosen too :smiley:.

@Watts - you can’t beat a bit of fresh air and a few good beers!

I would have parked in exactly the same spot.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #11933 on: 16 December 2021, 16:24 »
That’s great Jason.
You have a well specced car too. If I had realised I would be keeping my car much longer than I ever planned I would have specced up quite a bit.
I always remember the advice “ once you have bought something you forget how much it cost but you live with the decisions you made”
But as a former PM was fond of saying “we are where we are” and it’s still a great car. A keeper I think.

Thanks very much , That's very true and very apt .im keeping mine also I'm content with it and that is  is a good place to be
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11934 on: 16 December 2021, 17:20 »
That’s great Jason.

Don't worry P6, you can always upgrade!

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11935 on: 16 December 2021, 18:18 »

That was my first thought. Looks like the best - and safest space in the car park and the one I would have chosen too :smiley:.

That's right SR, and I made the most of it too! And the fresh air...

There was one other really good spot in a corner where due to the angles of the kerbs, you got about an extra half of a space and no passing traffic. But being able to keep an eye on it from our B&B room was great!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Yusee

• I live here
« Reply #11936 on: 16 December 2021, 20:32 »

There was one other really good spot in a corner where due to the angles of the kerbs, you got about an extra half of a space and no passing traffic. But being able to keep an eye on it from our B&B room was great!

Risk of being backed into there- which you’d have been able to watch from your room window 😂.

I’d always go end space tight to the white line.
2018 Golf GTI Performance  5dr manual, Isaac blue
1988 Peugeot 205 GTI 1.9, 2022 Triumph Street Triple R, 2016 Seat Alhambra.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11937 on: 16 December 2021, 22:26 »
Risk of being backed into there- which you’d have been able to watch from your room window 😂.

I’d always go end space tight to the white line.

That was my second favourite space behind the corner one!

On a different note, 43ish mpg so far and at low ambient temperatures was pretty good but it has been steady driving. About 530 miles so far on this trip, London-Blackpool-Yorkshire-Norfolk, back to London on Saturday. Great driving, comfortable, fast and economical. The drive over the moors from Haworth to Hebden Bridge on the A6033 was stunning. The A1 and A17 today less so...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11938 on: 17 December 2021, 12:21 »

Should of came with these eats from the factory!!  :smiley:How many pennies do they cost?
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11939 on: 17 December 2021, 12:53 »
I LOVE these seats, where did you get them and how much?  :laugh:

That’s great Jason.

Don't worry P6, you can always upgrade!