Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785013 times)

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11820 on: 05 November 2021, 10:45 »
Brilliant. Please keep us updated with the fitment & end results :cool:
I'm seriously interested in this upgrade myself.

Came across this video of a GTI to TCR exhaust on the 7.5, needless to say I think I might end up going this route next year.

https://youtu.be/3XYOMeK80lI?t=543

Hopefully getting fitted tomorrow so will let you all know my thoughts afterwards.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11821 on: 05 November 2021, 14:56 »
Not quite today, but last week I fitted clubsport S bushes to the rear of my front wishbones, and fitted a whiteline 22mm RARB (stiffest setting).

The car lurches much less in the corners now, and I can feel much more through the steering wheel.

DCC in comfort (wife mode :grin:) is still very compliant so I don’t think she’ll notice :cool:)

Mind you - she never noticed when the stage 1 map went on either!

I thought I would end up changing loads of bushes (ie gearbox mount) as they must be getting tired at 65k miles. But the wishbone bushes seem to have really sorted it. - just need my PS4S’s to arrive at Costco now.

Car is a loaded manual carbon grey 2014 PP : Previous enhancements: e-diff set to maximum traction/soundaktor off/stage 1 superchips map/034 dogbone mount/powdercoated Austin’s/half tinted rear lights.
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11822 on: 05 November 2021, 15:28 »
Not quite today, but last week I fitted clubsport S bushes to the rear of my front wishbones, and fitted a whiteline 22mm RARB (stiffest setting).

The car lurches much less in the corners now, and I can feel much more through the steering wheel.

Where did you get the Clubsport S bushes from, genuine ones fromTPS??
Do you mind me asking how much they were??

See you around Derby!!
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11823 on: 05 November 2021, 17:00 »
Purchased a set of Belvedere alloys for my winter set up, used for 6k miles and even got a set of Clubsport centre caps with them  :smiley:

Hopefully get the Goodyear UltraGrip Performance +'s onto them next week at some point.

those centre caps pictured are the ones that come on the Belvederes.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JMS

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11824 on: 05 November 2021, 18:52 »

Where did you get the Clubsport S bushes from, genuine ones fromTPS??
Do you mind me asking how much they were??

See you around Derby!!

£22 each (after VAT) from VW parts desk. (Burton is my closest). - they had to get one from Germany
Part no: 81A 407 183.

I don’t have a press to fit them myself so paid sunset.
Previous Dubs now sold:
- Manual Mk7 CSG PP, stg1, RS3 bushes, 26mm RARB & a lot of carnauba.
- DSG mkV R32, black with even more carnauba
- Manual Corrado VR6, dragon green
- Manual Polo G40 - Tornado red, Jabbasport ported charger
- Mk2 Big Bumper 8v GTI, Calypso blue

Offline MadCommuter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11825 on: 06 November 2021, 19:56 »
Salting started this weekend so I’ve popped on the CM 18” Pretoria’s with a set of Michelin Cross Climate 2’s.

Coming from 19” Santiago’s, I’m keen to see if I can notice any difference.

Offline LSBristol

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11826 on: 06 November 2021, 20:44 »
Salting started this weekend so I’ve popped on the CM 18” Pretoria’s with a set of Michelin Cross Climate 2’s.

Coming from 19” Santiago’s, I’m keen to see if I can notice any difference.

They really suit the car. Are they the hyper silver ones? They look a lot better than I expected 18 inch prets to look. I currently have the parkers on my 7.5 and am considering CM wheels prets in 18 or 19 as a replacement.
mk7.5 non-PP, Indium Grey, manual

TCR backbox
Bola B16 19" in crystal sylver
DTUK pedalbox+

Offline MadCommuter

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11827 on: 06 November 2021, 23:27 »
They’re the Gunmetal grey versions.  They may be catching quite a lot of light as I have them a decent seal and coating before installing.

CM seem to do quite a few slightly differing spec Pretoria’s.  These are 18x8 with the correct centre bore size for the golf - 57.1 and importantly with an ET45 offset so they’re 1.2cm less inset than the 19 x 7.5 ET51 Santiago’s.

The CM’s are not perfect, there are a few minor blemishes and I’m not sure the coating is that thick but for £120 a corner I thought it was worth a shot.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11828 on: 07 November 2021, 16:50 »
Two things today, filled up with Momentum 99. 153.9p a litre?? :shocked: I've paid more but only ever at motorway services...

Getting to grips finally with the rattle from my os B pillar. It's been getting worse recently and is becoming rather annoying. So (carefully) whilst driving I had a poke and found that by prodding the rear door trim right in the corner adjacent to the pillar stopped it. So now to figure out if something can be adjusted to fix it. If anyone else has had this issue and solved it I'd be very grateful to hear :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11829 on: 07 November 2021, 18:35 »
Two things today, filled up with Momentum 99. 153.9p a litre?? :shocked: I've paid more but only ever at motorway services...

Getting to grips finally with the rattle from my os B pillar. It's been getting worse recently and is becoming rather annoying. So (carefully) whilst driving I had a poke and found that by prodding the rear door trim right in the corner adjacent to the pillar stopped it. So now to figure out if something can be adjusted to fix it. If anyone else has had this issue and solved it I'd be very grateful to hear :smiley:

It's a 19 plate let VW sort it for you next oil change  :smiley:

I also filled with but with BP Ultimate at £1.509 a litre, currently 7,500 BPme points so halfway to a free tank of fuel

One free tank = 14,000 points.

1 Litre of Ultimate = 2 points, or 1 Litre of Normal fuel = 1 point

7,000 litres of Ultimate divided by my average fill up of around 35 litres = 200 tanks of fuel for one free tank of fuel or £10,563 at todays price... Last time I worked it out in my GTD it was only 52 tanks for a free tank  :cry:

A 7.5 GTE sounds a lot more appealing now lol

Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/