Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785025 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11560 on: 21 July 2021, 16:25 »

Wow, you really get a sense of how big the rear diffuser is from that picture!!
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11561 on: 21 July 2021, 16:34 »
Tool it for its annual paint check  :grin:

Hi mcmaddy,
I presume it’s at the main dealers? Also what do they check for & is it required as part of the warranty?

Thanks, never heard of that before.
Cheers, Chas.
TCR, Pure White, Black roof, Akra exhaust, black 19" Prets, DCC etc.

Gone - 2019, Mk 7.5 PP, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey, Keyless etc

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11562 on: 21 July 2021, 18:19 »

Hi mcmaddy,
I presume it’s at the main dealers? Also what do they check for & is it required as part of the warranty?

Cheers, Chas.
Hi Chas no it's nothing wrong with the actual paint it's my paint protection check that my detailer applies. I get a free maintenance was and check to make sure the ceramic coatings are still working.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline chas.s

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11563 on: 21 July 2021, 18:22 »

Thanks, I thought I was missing out on something😳
Your’s is looking very fine indeed!

Hi mcmaddy,

Cheers, Chas.
Hi Chas no it's nothing wrong with the actual paint it's my paint protection check that my detailer applies. I get a free maintenance was and check to make sure the ceramic coatings are still working.
TCR, Pure White, Black roof, Akra exhaust, black 19" Prets, DCC etc.

Gone - 2019, Mk 7.5 PP, 5 door, Manual, Indium Grey, Keyless etc

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11564 on: 21 July 2021, 19:35 »
Oh that's not good. Many a day my neighbours must look and think what the hell is he doing as I leave pieces of kitchen roll and then pour warm water over them to shift the bird turds.
On another note I'm still debating on a gloss black roof for mine. I spent far too much time talking to my detailer this morning  :grin:

Get it wrapped! If your detailer does wrapping even better as they can remove the ceramic off the roof, I wouldn't hesitate wrapping the roof black on the mk7.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline CS#303

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11565 on: 22 July 2021, 12:53 »
This:-

Small and bit silly, but I like them!

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #11566 on: 22 July 2021, 20:25 »
Officially cancelled the Tiguan I had on order as after 30 weeks on order there is still no confirmed build date. Got my deposit refunded in full, and earlier this afternoon paid the balloon off on the GTI so it’s staying  ;D  The whole ordeal has been nothing short of shocking and if I didn’t buy the GTI, I would almost certainly not buy another car from those jokers and would have moved brands.

Thought with only 18k miles on it, heavily optioned, and only 11.5k to own it outright (and touch wood - it’s perfect and everything works as it should), that it was better the devil you know. So looks like I’ll be hanging round here for sometime yet.

So it’s mine…all mine

« Last Edit: 22 July 2021, 20:29 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11567 on: 22 July 2021, 21:20 »
Just going on that image I'd say that was an excellent decision! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11568 on: 22 July 2021, 21:45 »
Officially cancelled the Tiguan I had on order as after 30 weeks on order there is still no confirmed build date. Got my deposit refunded in full, and earlier this afternoon paid the balloon off on the GTI so it’s staying  ;D  The whole ordeal has been nothing short of shocking and if I didn’t buy the GTI, I would almost certainly not buy another car from those jokers and would have moved brands.

Thought with only 18k miles on it, heavily optioned, and only 11.5k to own it outright (and touch wood - it’s perfect and everything works as it should), that it was better the devil you know. So looks like I’ll be hanging round here for sometime yet.

So it’s mine…all mine

I think the majority of manufacturers are in the same boat unfortunately Andrew. You've kept the better car though 😉👌
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline CookieMonsterGTi

• Here all the time
« Reply #11569 on: 23 July 2021, 12:09 »
I think that is both a wise move and a bargain.

*Also I would expect you could probably make a nice profit should you change your mind in next few months as used car prices are going up weekly and wouldn't expect that to change this year.

My TCR via WBAC is nearing what I paid for it a couple of years ago!
Pure Grey GTI TCR 5 Door DSG
19" 'Reifnitz' Alloys Including DCC
Climate Windscreen
Panoramic Sunroof
90% Rear Tinted Glass