Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11530 on: 12 July 2021, 22:53 »
Took my TCR for its first service and got the sat nav updated to try and fix the random poi issue I've had since day 1. Instead of the entire screen being filed by every poi possible this morning it decided to not show any at all 😄
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11531 on: 13 July 2021, 08:30 »
Took my TCR for its first service and got the sat nav updated to try and fix the random poi issue I've had since day 1. Instead of the entire screen being filed by every poi possible this morning it decided to not show any at all 😄

Mine never shows any.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11532 on: 13 July 2021, 14:40 »

Mine never shows any.
have you got the box ticked to show any Watts?

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11533 on: 13 July 2021, 15:44 »
I've not seen that menu, when I have tried to add things it has wanted me to go though a set up wizard which isn't convenient when driving! Still not got my nav updated yet as my sd card reader I ordered has gone missing in the post.... :angry:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #11534 on: 13 July 2021, 16:00 »
I've not seen that menu, when I have tried to add things it has wanted me to go though a set up wizard which isn't convenient when driving! Still not got my nav updated yet as my sd card reader I ordered has gone missing in the post.... :angry:
would have been quicker and cheaper to just send me your card 👍

Offline Meister

• Not said much yet
  • 2018 GTI - Pure White
« Reply #11535 on: 13 July 2021, 17:48 »
I fitted my new BBS XR 19'' alloys last week, replacing the standard 18'' parkers.

I tend to overthink everything visual about my cars, and was unsure at first, but I really do think these wheels are handsome and actually look like they are made for the mk7.5. The car drives far more smoothly on the larger rims too, which was unexpected!

These look fab.
They work so well on the car visually, just like the GTI itself, a classic remastered.
Easy to clean too unlike BBS of yore!

Many thanks! I really do love the wheels. They have beefed up the whole stance of the car and have really grown on me. Not yet cleaned them but I do anticipate they should be pretty easy to clean.
NOW - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI, Manual- Pure White
GONE - 2015 Mk7 GTD, Manual - Tungsten
GONE - 2014 Scirocco GTS 2.0TDI - Salsa Red
GONE - 2012 Scirocco 2.0TDI - Black
GONE - 2009 Mk6 GTI - Tornado Red
GONE - 2008 Mk5 GtTDI - Reflex Silver
GONE - 1991 Corrado 1.8 16v - Dark Green
GONE - 1989 Jetta 1.8 'Show condition' - Red

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11536 on: 13 July 2021, 17:51 »
Polished the rear lamps, as one had a couple of light scratches on the lens.
Bit of a polish with Menzerna 203 on a sponge pad, then a coating of Collinite 845, come up a treat.

2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11537 on: 13 July 2021, 18:26 »

Would VW centre caps fit?

From a personal point of view, BBS are the one brand that have even more heritage than the GTI itself and the two have been synonymous historically, so the BBS caps should stay.
I’ve never had a set of (aftermarket) BBS that took VW caps.

Many thanks! I really do love the wheels. They have beefed up the whole stance of the car and have really grown on me. Not yet cleaned them but I do anticipate they should be pretty easy to clean.

Have you thought about wheel bolt covers?
SEAT ones should fit even though it’s too tight for VW ones.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11538 on: 13 July 2021, 19:05 »
For the first time in two and a half years I used my voice control to change the radio station. Pressed the button, says me to it, ‘Change station’. It says, ‘What DAB station do you want?’ I told it ‘Greatest Hits Radio’.  It says ‘Greatest Hits’. Voila, it was done. Amazing!  :grin:
Normally when I try to use it to ring someone, it goes wrong and it’s easier to use the favourite numbers screen. Luddite I am not.  I must see what else it can do! Volkswizard and your Mk 8 screen tips - hah! Maybe we need a thread on Voice Activation? 
« Last Edit: 13 July 2021, 19:32 by Ceefeesh »
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11539 on: 13 July 2021, 20:18 »

Would VW centre caps fit?

From a personal point of view, BBS are the one brand that have even more heritage than the GTI itself and the two have been synonymous historically, so the BBS caps should stay.
I’ve never had a set of (aftermarket) BBS that took VW caps.

Have you thought about wheel bolt covers?
SEAT ones should fit even though it’s too tight for VW ones.

Not usually a fan of aftermarket gear, but those wheels do look nice.
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.