Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785057 times)

Offline madstaff

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11520 on: 09 July 2021, 07:55 »
9.5 hours to change a clutch and flywheel??

They said about 7½ hours to change to the clutch and flywheel and a further 2 hours for an alignment check.

Apparently an alignment check is necessary as they have to loosen the subframe bolts to lower the subframe to get the box out, so they need to make sure the alignment is OK .
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Jamie75

• Just got here
« Reply #11521 on: 09 July 2021, 19:14 »
Full polish and ceramic coating done this week

Looks great, especially with the proper amount of doors  :wink:
Thankyou.Well happy with the outcome of the detailing.

Offline Rudedog

• Here all the time
« Reply #11522 on: 09 July 2021, 21:29 »
Gave the car a quick wash (well that was yesterday evening after work) then went to Goodwood FoS today.

Very reduced event and no VW stand (although there rarely is), few cars on the electric 'into the future' stand for all makes.

Nice drive and makes a change to drive on smooth roads in W.Sussex.

2019 Golf GTi PP DSG, Isaac Blue.

Offline SionOnTheCob

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11523 on: 10 July 2021, 08:21 »
Love this colour!

Full polish and ceramic coating done this week

Offline madstaff

• I live here
« Reply #11524 on: 11 July 2021, 17:50 »
Given my Clubsport its first wash since I got it 3 weeks ago, granted VW had it for 2 weeks, so finally got round to giving my new snow-foam lance a try, followed by a good wash, and a wipe over with some Sonax BSD.

Really pleased with newly acquired Clubsport, as you really get to see its condition after a good wash and happy to report I've not unearthed any horrors.
2017 Clubsport Edition 40 #706.

Urano grey, 3 Door, Manual, Recaros, Brescias, DCC, Nav Pro, Black roof & tints.

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
« Reply #11525 on: 11 July 2021, 18:51 »
Car looks excellent Madstaff!

On a more general note, the ED40 and TCR look very different cars (to me at least) with just a few differences when I compare yours to the TCR above.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11526 on: 11 July 2021, 19:34 »
Given my Clubsport its first wash since I got it 3 weeks ago, granted VW had it for 2 weeks, so finally got round to giving my new snow-foam lance a try, followed by a good wash, and a wipe over with some Sonax BSD.

Really pleased with newly acquired Clubsport, as you really get to see its condition after a good wash and happy to report I've not unearthed any horrors.

The only horror I see is that I'm not driving it!  :drool:
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #11527 on: 11 July 2021, 20:13 »

Looks fantastic!

Car looks excellent Madstaff!

On a more general note, the ED40 and TCR look very different cars (to me at least) with just a few differences when I compare yours to the TCR above.

They are very different for two versions of the same car. I like them both for different reasons, the CS40 is more subtle yet has the look of intent with the big rear spoiler and I love the front bumper. The TCR though has a beefier more rugged look. Both great in their own way and I'd be happy with either.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #11528 on: 12 July 2021, 12:59 »
I fitted my new BBS XR 19'' alloys last week, replacing the standard 18'' parkers.

I tend to overthink everything visual about my cars, and was unsure at first, but I really do think these wheels are handsome and actually look like they are made for the mk7.5. The car drives far more smoothly on the larger rims too, which was unexpected!

These look fab.
They work so well on the car visually, just like the GTI itself, a classic remastered.
Easy to clean too unlike BBS of yore!
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #11529 on: 12 July 2021, 21:12 »
I fitted my new BBS XR 19'' alloys last week, replacing the standard 18'' parkers.

I tend to overthink everything visual about my cars, and was unsure at first, but I really do think these wheels are handsome and actually look like they are made for the mk7.5. The car drives far more smoothly on the larger rims too, which was unexpected!

These look fab.
They work so well on the car visually, just like the GTI itself, a classic remastered.
Easy to clean too unlike BBS of yore!

Would VW centre caps fit?
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.