Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785076 times)

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #11390 on: 24 May 2021, 18:47 »
The third year sevice is just an oil change, the major service is year four.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11391 on: 24 May 2021, 22:50 »
What are the two services sold in the service deal? I know one was an oil change which I have had and the other I thought was a major service. What is the difference between th oil change and the  (more) major service. Is there a difference between this service and the first major service referred to by Watts? What else is required?
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11392 on: 25 May 2021, 09:16 »
What are the two services sold in the service deal? I know one was an oil change which I have had and the other I thought was a major service. What is the difference between th oil change and the  (more) major service. Is there a difference between this service and the first major service referred to by Watts? What else is required?

Minor
"It includes: Oil & filter change. Replace pollen filter (where required). Vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks,battery, coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shafts and exhaust system. Full vehicle road test. Diagnostic check including report. Re-set service interval display."

Major
''It includes: Oil & filter change. Replace pollen filter. Replace air filter. Spark plugs (petrol engine) or fuel filter (diesel engine) if required. Remove wheels and check brakes. Check/adjust tension of all drive belts. Check gearbox oil level. Check final drive oil level. Vehicle inspection and report to include all lights, instruments, bodywork, glass, locks, battery, coolant levels, drive belts, braking system, steering, hoses, drive shafts, suspension and exhaust system. Full vehicle road test. Diagnostic check including report. Re-set service interval display. Volkswagen stamp in service book.''

So Spark plugs/fuel filter and a more comprehensive inspection is the difference.
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Prev - Mk7.5 White Silver, Vienna Leather, Sunroof, Helix Sub, Many Wheels

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #11393 on: 25 May 2021, 10:24 »
That’s very helpful. Thank you. 👍
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #11394 on: 25 May 2021, 10:51 »

If your car is coming up to three years old (I’ve assumed it is as you’ve said it’s a similar age to Sootchucker’s car) in addition to the minor service, the first brake fluid change is due. This isn’t included under the service plan, so the cost of the fluid change will be an additional charge.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11395 on: 25 May 2021, 21:05 »
Today I’ve… agreed to sell it. All a bit sudden, but a little while ago I put my info into Motorway to see it’s likely value, just out of curiosity. The valuation was circa. £14.5k. I then got an email saying the valuation was £16,800, so I thought I’d complete the process, send pics, and actually speak to them. That led to it going up for sale with a reserved of £17,250. It sold for just over £17,700.

I’m now in contact with a dealer who’s buying it, and spending my time on Autotrader working out what’s next. Oh, and I asked DMS to remove the remap today… that was a shocker on the way home!

Funny how things work out sometimes.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11396 on: 25 May 2021, 22:25 »
Today I’ve… agreed to sell it. All a bit sudden, but a little while ago I put my info into Motorway to see it’s likely value, just out of curiosity. The valuation was circa. £14.5k. I then got an email saying the valuation was £16,800, so I thought I’d complete the process, send pics, and actually speak to them. That led to it going up for sale with a reserved of £17,250. It sold for just over £17,700.

I’m now in contact with a dealer who’s buying it, and spending my time on Autotrader working out what’s next. Oh, and I asked DMS to remove the remap today… that was a shocker on the way home!

Lol the mk8 release has definitely benefitted you!  :laugh: Any plans on what you'll be moving onto?
Mk7.5 GTI - Performance Pack, DSG, Sunroof, Dynaudio, Pro Nav, Vienna Leather, Climate Windscreen & last of the 3 doors....Many Sets of Alloys...

Follow my 7.5 build on the forum https://www.golfgtiforum.co.uk/index.php?topic=287596.msg2638666#new or on Instagram https://www.instagram.com/willy_gti7.5pp/

Offline RM

• Not said much yet
« Reply #11397 on: 26 May 2021, 17:29 »

Lol the mk8 release has definitely benefitted you!  :laugh: Any plans on what you'll be moving onto?

Well, yes... a BMW 540i (G30) currently tops the list. Quite a change, I know.

I came to the GTi from a F10 5-series after changing jobs and my commute going from 80-miles a day and on-site parking, to 25-miles a day and parking in a public carpark which I really didn't want to navigate in a big car.

Fast forward to now and I'm mostly working from home and won't be back in the office full time for the foreseeable, added to the fact people seem desperate to pay me loads of money for the GTi, and it gives me all the excuses I need to change. I also fancy a big engine and more than 4-cylinders before things like that become extinct.

Offline willni

• I live here
« Reply #11398 on: 26 May 2021, 22:36 »
Well, yes... a BMW 540i (G30) currently tops the list. Quite a change, I know.

I came to the GTi from a F10 5-series after changing jobs and my commute going from 80-miles a day and on-site parking, to 25-miles a day and parking in a public carpark which I really didn't want to navigate in a big car.

Fast forward to now and I'm mostly working from home and won't be back in the office full time for the foreseeable, added to the fact people seem desperate to pay me loads of money for the GTi, and it gives me all the excuses I need to change. I also fancy a big engine and more than 4-cylinders before things like that become extinct.

Lovely can't fault the new generation of BMW's probably the best brand at the minute, despite their fasciation for big grills on the m3/4's. A family member recently got a G20 Touring (30d 6cly) and it's probably the only car I'd consider trading up for.

Offline davo245

• Here all the time
« Reply #11399 on: 27 May 2021, 13:41 »

What age spec and mileage is it? Would you reccomend selling that way then I have thought about giving it a try but don't know anyone else who has used motorway.
Mk6 GTI DSG
MK7.5 GTI performance DSG
Mk8 GTI