Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10850 on: 23 October 2020, 14:20 »
I got a car spray painted in the 80's for a very cheap price and there was over spray on the glass.
They told me to use wire wool on it.
Obviously as an 18 year old I thought they were fobbing me off so I tried it on my parents brand new double glazing first  :whistle:

Since then Ive used that method probably yearly on my car glass as it makes the windows pristine. Just make sure your rinse off the strands of wire that come off as they rust almost straight away.

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline sjw

• I live here
« Reply #10851 on: 23 October 2020, 16:06 »
I got a car spray painted in the 80's for a very cheap price and there was over spray on the glass.
They told me to use wire wool on it.
Obviously as an 18 year old I thought they were fobbing me off so I tried it on my parents brand new double glazing first  :whistle:

Since then Ive used that method probably yearly on my car glass as it makes the windows pristine. Just make sure your rinse off the strands of wire that come off as they rust almost straight away.

Highlighting this as extra important, as (I believe) these oxidisation products can scratch glass

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10852 on: 26 October 2020, 14:15 »
Not a lot on the Golf gti front ..however the wife has just collected a Polo GTI 5 K miles 69 plate ..

impressions compared to my mk7 Golf GTI

The seats are harder thank my mk7  interia in places is not up to the Standard of the Golf but the dash area is comparable its nosier but its running on 18 inches option its bit of a weapon though more so than my Golf and feels sharper front end.Its a very different beast i and im rather keen on it, white with a black roof  mirrors and front grill looks quite nice
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10853 on: 26 October 2020, 14:53 »
Not a lot on the Golf gti front ..however the wife has just collected a Polo GTI 5 K miles 69 plate ..

impressions compared to my mk7 Golf GTI

The seats are harder thank my mk7  interia in places is not up to the Standard of the Golf but the dash area is comparable its nosier but its running on 18 inches option its bit of a weapon though more so than my Golf and feels sharper front end.Its a very different beast i and im rather keen on it, white with a black roof  mirrors and front grill looks quite nice.

I have a Polo GTI Plus (collected in last month) and really like it. Is your wife’s Polo the GTI Plus - the version that’s pretty close on spec to the mk7.5 Golf GTI - or the lower spec ‘non Plus’ version?
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10854 on: 26 October 2020, 17:52 »
Very nice i just wanted to keep to a budget

so its the non plus version with 18 inch wheel option and black roof and mirrors its rather nice condition is very good as new really. shes  is a hot hatch fan at heart and loves it
« Last Edit: 26 October 2020, 17:54 by Jason b »
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #10855 on: 26 October 2020, 21:24 »
Well, although this was a good few weeks ago now (as the observant will have seen the for sale post), but I've gone and sold the old girl.

Had a 2 week gap and picked up a 2018 TTRS in Nardo (primer lol) grey. It's a little bit light on options but has the difficult to fit/expensive ones ticked (Black pack, 20" wheels, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust). It doesn't have the pack containing the Bang & Olufsen stereo, rear view camera and keyless entry (but still has keyless start) but I'm doing the stereo myself (after coming from a Dynaudio car, the standard Audi setup is rubbish) and in a way, I'm glad the car doesn't have keyless entry - one less worry! Rear view camera is something I'm looking to retrofit, and at £350 for the kit (easily fitted myself) it's not too expensive. It does have the most important Audi option though - indicators that work!

So the power is plentiful, grip is excellent (first 4wd car), gearbox is growing on me now I'm learning how to drive it and the cabin is one of the nicest I've ever sat in. Boot is a useful size but the rear seat is very cramped, even with me not being tall and the seat being quite far forward, it's not a pleasant experience back there.

Not got any photos of my own yet but here's one from the advert...

2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10856 on: 26 October 2020, 21:38 »
That looks great! If you can post your thoughts of it once you've driven it enough, I'm sure it'll make interesting reading :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10857 on: 26 October 2020, 22:10 »
@Gnasher; Nice car :cool:. I love Nardo Grey and it really suits the TT.

I once had a TT as a courtesy car for the day - sadly, not the TTRS. Agree the cabin is a nice place to be if you’re in the front, but not in the back!

Enjoy your new car and I look forward you I seeing your pictures of it, once you’ve had a chance to take some.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #10858 on: 28 October 2020, 10:47 »

Had a 2 week gap and picked up a 2018 TTRS in Nardo (primer lol) grey.

Stunning looking car.

My daughter had the vanilla TT and the cabin was a lovely place to be.
The rear seats are ornaments. I went a couple of miles sat in the back, never again. Head tilted to the side just to sit, can't see a thing, it was quite frighteni9ng.
I'm sure its fine for children but not an adult.

With the TT no longer being made it might become a bit of an asset.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #10859 on: 28 October 2020, 15:10 »
Fitted the winter beaters...  :wink:

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1