Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785042 times)

Offline Bunnyfugger

• Just got here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10650 on: 04 September 2020, 18:23 »
Thank you and well spotted!  I’ve left the caps off until I can re-torque the bolts after a few miles.  I’ve got TTS callipers to fit to the front that require spacers fitted, but the spacers came with bolts without holes for popping the caps off. I left an original bolt off to take along to my local engineering firm to see if they can drill the longer ones the same.
2019 Golf GTi PP 245ps
TCR lip spoiler, alloy dead pedal, genuine 19” Prets.

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #10651 on: 05 September 2020, 17:39 »
Thank you and well spotted!  I’ve left the caps off until I can re-torque the bolts after a few miles.  I’ve got TTS callipers to fit to the front that require spacers fitted, but the spacers came with bolts without holes for popping the caps off. I left an original bolt off to take along to my local engineering firm to see if they can drill the longer ones the same.

If they can't drill the bolt heads out, a good OEM alternative is to use Audi/Skoda/Seat wheel nut covers (different brands do them in slightly different colours). They're more of a standard hexagonal shaped fit but look nice and OEM. I'm running them on my BBS wheels as the replacement bolts have no holes too and the wheel bolt holes were smaller anyway. Don't forget to get the cover removal tool as well, I think mine were only about £20 for the lot.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #10652 on: 05 September 2020, 18:27 »
Updated my discovery pro maps.... takes forever!
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Ceefeesh

• I live here
« Reply #10653 on: 05 September 2020, 23:23 »
Updated my discovery pro maps.... takes forever!

At least you can update them unlike Discover Media. Free updates - 4 months late! :cry:
Previous owner of many Golfs and GTIs. Now Audi S3.

Offline Bunnyfugger

• Just got here
« Reply #10654 on: 06 September 2020, 10:59 »

If they can't drill the bolt heads out, a good OEM alternative is to use Audi/Skoda/Seat wheel nut covers (different brands do them in slightly different colours). They're more of a standard hexagonal shaped fit but look nice and OEM. I'm running them on my BBS wheels as the replacement bolts have no holes too and the wheel bolt holes were smaller anyway. Don't forget to get the cover removal tool as well, I think mine were only about £20 for the lot.

Good idea, thank you for that 🙏
2019 Golf GTi PP 245ps
TCR lip spoiler, alloy dead pedal, genuine 19” Prets.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10655 on: 06 September 2020, 11:23 »
The Audi bolt covers are a twit to get off - much tighter fit than the VW covers. The removal tool can easily scratch the interior of the bolt hole on the wheel - put a bit of electriciabs tape on the shank of the removal tool to prevent scratches.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10656 on: 06 September 2020, 13:37 »
Finally got round to fitting an underseat cubby to the drivers seat.

I removed it from our Leon before we traded it in for the Golf, part no 3T0.881.578.

Really fiddly to do.
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone

Offline Pretzel

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10657 on: 06 September 2020, 13:51 »

I removed it from our Leon before we traded it in for the Golf, part no 3T0.881.578.

Really fiddly to do.

Did you remove the seat to fit the under-seat drawer?

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
« Reply #10658 on: 06 September 2020, 14:33 »
The Audi bolt covers are a twit to get off - much tighter fit than the VW covers. The removal tool can easily scratch the interior of the bolt hole on the wheel - put a bit of electriciabs tape on the shank of the removal tool to prevent scratches.

Don't know if you're using the same ones as I did then as I can get the (plastic) removal tool around the bolt cover to pull it off on my current wheels with more clearance than the OEM bolt covers on their own - the originals not fitting in the wheel holes on my new wheels are why I had to change them in the first place.
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline bogwoppit

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10659 on: 06 September 2020, 14:57 »

Really fiddly to do.

Did you remove the seat to fit the under-seat drawer?

In one  :grin:
BMW 128ti - current

Mk 7.5 GTI PP, indium grey, manual - gone