Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785068 times)

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10610 on: 18 August 2020, 22:07 »
Pulled the trigger on a new BMW M135i.

I couldn't wait any longer for details of the Mk8 R. I would have been keen on the GTI but nobody could give me a definitive of when the books would open or when indeed the cars would arrive in the UK not to mention the spec etc.

I know Covid has messed up a lot on this planet and not just VW but they really need to get the finger out or they will lose a lot more customers.
Did you trade the r against it

No going down a different route with that  :wink:
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline barrym381

• Forum addict
« Reply #10611 on: 19 August 2020, 13:44 »
Pulled the trigger on a new BMW M135i.

I couldn't wait any longer for details of the Mk8 R. I would have been keen on the GTI but nobody could give me a definitive of when the books would open or when indeed the cars would arrive in the UK not to mention the spec etc.

I know Covid has messed up a lot on this planet and not just VW but they really need to get the finger out or they will lose a lot more customers.
Did you trade the r against it

No going down a different route with that  :wink:

I’m sure you won’t miss it anyway as the Bmw is a nice replacement and they go really well

Offline Al1040

• Here all the time
« Reply #10612 on: 19 August 2020, 16:14 »
Had new tyres delivered today awaiting wheels to be powder coated in the new future

Really good deal on Black Circles £255 delivered (seemed to be the best I could find)
67 Plate Mk 7.5 GTD DSG

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10613 on: 20 August 2020, 19:37 »

Cheers Andy.
Only in pictures and really liked it.
I thought it was brave but what the hell, as long as I like it that's the main thing  :grin:
Got it from down London way so that's another road trip on the horizon to bring it back up the road.

It’s the sort of colour that’ll make you smile every time you open the door.
I’m not sure how it’ll go with the Misano but it’ll certainly be a riot of colour inside and out on a dull winter’s day  :grin:

I think it’s a great choice of car and colour combos. Loads of character which is rare in modern German hatchbacks.

I really like the standard alcantara interior so would have stuck with that and tossed a three sided coin for exterior colour. I’d choose the Magma over black any day if leather was my preference.

There saying October if I’m lucky !!!!!
Didn’t say which year though 😂😂😂

I had a white 35TFSI S-Line pass me on Thursday, first one I’ve seen on the road and thankfully had a really good view of it stopped at a red traffic light.
Unlike the mk8 Golf I think the A3 looks really really nice.
S-Line almost identical to the S3 so can say for sure the exterior looks are a winner now, the car has more presence than the previous gen hatch.
Good choice.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10614 on: 21 August 2020, 15:02 »
Petrol light pinged on so 35 miles to empty. Not unusual but, when I fill it up tomorrow it'll hit 400 miles on this tank, the computer says an average of 39.5mpg! Admittedly half the mileage was a single steady motorway run but the other half has just been trips to the supermarket and general local driving!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #10615 on: 21 August 2020, 20:27 »

Cheers Andy.
Only in pictures and really liked it.
I thought it was brave but what the hell, as long as I like it that's the main thing  :grin:
Got it from down London way so that's another road trip on the horizon to bring it back up the road.

It’s the sort of colour that’ll make you smile every time you open the door.
I’m not sure how it’ll go with the Misano but it’ll certainly be a riot of colour inside and out on a dull winter’s day  :grin:

I think it’s a great choice of car and colour combos. Loads of character which is rare in modern German hatchbacks.

I really like the standard alcantara interior so would have stuck with that and tossed a three sided coin for exterior colour. I’d choose the Magma over black any day if leather was my preference.

There saying October if I’m lucky !!!!!
Didn’t say which year though 😂😂😂

I had a white 35TFSI S-Line pass me on Thursday, first one I’ve seen on the road and thankfully had a really good view of it stopped at a red traffic light.
Unlike the mk8 Golf I think the A3 looks really really nice.
S-Line almost identical to the S3 so can say for sure the exterior looks are a winner now, the car has more presence than the previous gen hatch.
Good choice.

Trouble with the new A1 and A3 is the very open grille - i'd be getting some mesh put behind the grill if I were getting one, aircon compressor stone damage looks inevitable with the front grille unmodified.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #10616 on: 21 August 2020, 20:57 »
Basking shark mouths are all the rage in new car designs. The new i30 is exactly the same.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Adam T7

• I live here
« Reply #10617 on: 23 August 2020, 17:25 »
Drove over 400 miles today in the GTI, all great, seats are superb, No aches or pains. 41.9 mpg
MY2019 GTI Mk 7.5 Performance. DSG, 5 Door, Rear Camera, Climate Windscreen and Rear Window Factory Tints, Indium Grey.

Offline Aidey

• Here all the time
« Reply #10618 on: 25 August 2020, 17:23 »
Looking to fit the Bosch wiper blades as the oem ones as dragging their heels lol ....
Owner Mk8 ClubSport
Sold Mk8 Golf R....
Sold Gti DSG 2020 Performance Indium Grey .....
Gti Sold... ClubSport Edition 40 , ... Sold Aug 2018....

Offline CarbonGTD

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10619 on: 26 August 2020, 10:30 »
Fitted my new S2T B1 silver anodised dsg shifters (fresh from the US) to my 20 plate Golf GTI PP DSG.

Yes, they are eye-wateringly expensive, but if you can stomach the cost they look and feel totally superb - to say they are an improvement on the little plastic OEM efforts is a huge understatement.

They really should have been original equipment on the GTI.  Is interesting to see the new Tiguan R finally has these (or v similar) fitted out of the factory.