Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785059 times)

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10550 on: 03 August 2020, 13:40 »
KW V3 coilovers fitted

Lewman
GTI Clubsport Edition 40 - Number:120
Instagram: @ed40lew

Offline king monkey

• I live here
« Reply #10551 on: 03 August 2020, 17:09 »
Cracking alloys!
Current: Clubsport45, white, DCC.

Past: Mk5 gti blue graphite, mk6 gti carbon grey, mk6 gti edition 35 candy white, Mk7 pp gti tornado red, 2016 Audi S3 sportback, 2019 7.5 Golf R.

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10552 on: 03 August 2020, 19:04 »
Cracking alloys!

thank you, hopefully they don't crack tho, lol
Lewman

Offline RichardP

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10553 on: 03 August 2020, 20:39 »
KW V3 coilovers fitted

Nice stance! How much did you lower it? Thinking of lowering mine a bit on its Ohlins? But speed bumps....

Offline r600_clubsport

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10554 on: 03 August 2020, 20:44 »
KW V3 coilovers fitted

Nice stance! How much did you lower it? Thinking of lowering mine a bit on its Ohlins? But speed bumps....

Ohlins....very nice. Meant to be the best out there.

I'll be honest with you.....i can't remember, he did say....but i had a heavy weekend out with the lads since then, lol. I do need to go back in week or 2 to have some DCC delete kits fitted & maybe adjust few things. The ride though........so much better than it was.
Lewman

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #10555 on: 03 August 2020, 22:31 »
Ohh I did love my carbon steel grey from my previous GTD, much prefer it to the indium grey I have now.
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline TippEx

• Not said much yet
« Reply #10556 on: 04 August 2020, 15:12 »
Friday just gone by, my Golf went back to Mountune.  I hadn't really driven it since March when the stage 1 remap went on, but have been putting more miles on over the last month or so and was getting an intermittent EPC warning light since my stage 1 went on.  Had had a service / plug change and a fair few tanks of 99 in the car since the remap so decided to take it back.  The folks there were very accommodating just like the first time, took it for a drive with some data logging and adjusted some parameters to better suit the car.

Went back to get my car and started up to leave and my intermittent light came on again...  so I left the engine running while I grabbed someone to take a look, as soon as the laptop was plugged in they knew what it was.  Problem now resolved (was due to the third party software used to flash the map onto the car rather than the map itself).  Always love it when an intermittent fault presents itself at the garage especially when a 200 mile round trip.  Visited a friend in Sussex on the way back so had some nice B roads to drive on too.  First time I have had it on some proper roads since the remap went on in March and drove beautifully.

Managed to escape the waiting area without buying any more parts, but was mightily tempted by an X3 induction system on my way out.  Apparently they have a new intercooler out soon too.  I need to stop the upgrades before they get too addictive  :grin:
2016 GTI PP.  Mountune52 Stage 1

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10557 on: 06 August 2020, 23:05 »
I finally got round to fitting my recently redone OZ HLTs after ordering some titanium studs/nuts.

I’m so genuinely pleased with the colour choice and glad they’re back on.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10558 on: 06 August 2020, 23:34 »
I finally got round to fitting my recently redone OZ HLTs after ordering some titanium studs/nuts.

I’m so genuinely pleased with the colour choice and glad they’re back on.

They look fantastic :cool: - a nice classic design and very OEM looking. The best colour for alloys too IMO.

If only VW had more painted / powder coated alloy wheel options for their performance models, rather than focusing on predominantly on diamond cut alloys.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10559 on: 07 August 2020, 16:03 »
I'm now wondering what my R would look like on OZ Superleggeras and a set of Ohlins.  I had Ohlins on my Honda S2000, they really worked well, although they're so beautifully made that it's almost a shame to put them on a car, because you can't see them then.

I've had to forget those particular daydreams for now, and instead I've bought a Disklok to try to make sure that it stays where I've parked it, and a Nextbase 422 dash camera. 

A friend and neighbour has a VCDS setup, so we ran that yesterday, to see if it threw up any faults - nothing showed up that wasn't consistent with a flat battery, which explains why the car had a relatively new looking battery.  I haven't removed the cover to find out what make of battery it is, and there aren't any clues on the top, other than it's for a car equipped with start-stop.  It might explain why keeping the trip meter reset button pressed down only results on the "Battery SOC" showing as ---%.

I'm waiting for LV to make their bid for my insurance business for the next year, and arranged a VW extended warranty (£38 per month, which is £11 more than the GTI - I can live with that), and considering a service plan.  Otherwise, I'm just driving it, and getting used to it.