Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785064 times)

Offline Paul70

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #10070 on: 07 March 2020, 23:04 »
Live in Hampshire these days but originally from Newcastle and have spent many a good night out in Darlington and Stockton so know the area well. I’ll send a PM tomorrow regarding the bushes.
2016 MK7 Clubsport ED40 3 Door Manual Reflex Silver with Recaros
2013 MK7 GTI Black 5 Door (Non PP)
Long gone -1984 Helios Blue Campaign MK1 GTI

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10071 on: 07 March 2020, 23:16 »
Live in Hampshire these days but originally from Newcastle and have spent many a good night out in Darlington and Stockton so know the area well. I’ll send a PM tomorrow regarding the bushes.

:smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #10072 on: 09 March 2020, 14:54 »
Changed the plugs and coils yesterday and it definitely feels smoother, now running RS7 plugs and RS3 coils.

Any chance of the part numbers for both please (I’m being lazy I know)? Thanks.

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #10073 on: 09 March 2020, 18:52 »
Sold the 7 GTD and got this...

Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10074 on: 10 March 2020, 07:58 »

Always had a soft spot for those, I think its a really handsome motor..... silly question but happy with it?
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #10075 on: 10 March 2020, 08:11 »
Nice. I do like a Tig, but I'd have to take the side steps off. Not only for looks, but you'll get mud on your trousers.

Despite what people say about little SUVs, once you've sampled the higher up, more relaxed driving position, you'll forget all about pin sharp driving dynamics and siting on the floor. Cruise around, see what the farmers are up to and enjoy the ride.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #10076 on: 10 March 2020, 08:13 »

So last Friday for me was a rare day off..... it might have coincided with not a bad forecast for us and also buying a new toy! I treated myself to the new Dewalt cordless orbital polisher and a few pads, and compounds, and a few microfibres, oh and a liquid wax.... you know how it goes! :whistle:

Now for those that do any machine polishing, for £170 you have to get one of these! Runs on the same batteries if you already have any 18v Dewalt tools, I have plenty but the revelation is the no cord to worry about, wow!! :shocked: I compounded, polished and waxed the whole car in well under 2 fully charged batteries and still actually had 2 more waiting to go, it really made the process fun instead of a pain in the butt with extensions and forever worrying about the cable hitting the paint work!

Fantastic bit of kit, well done Dewalt and at a really good price!!

Oh and 1 hour after I'd finished (6 hours total inside and out!!) typical British weather..... at least I know its well protected but to not even get it off the drive clean was a bit annoying!! :angry:

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline Mr GTD

• I live here
« Reply #10077 on: 10 March 2020, 17:39 »

Always had a soft spot for those, I think its a really handsome motor..... silly question but happy with it?

I absolutely love it, so to say I’m happy with is a bit of a understatement. 😆

Love the ride height and I got the dealer to spray the mirrors & fit the side steps for kids + I personally think they add to

the looks.

The dealer also added the extra tints as sadly it’s not a option that they do from factory like they did on the GTD.

The extra cabin & boot spaced is excellent and just what we need.

The pedal box has helped things too.
Collected 1st March 17 - MK7 GTD 5dr DSG Pure White With Optional Extras - Tech Pack - Sports & Sound - Pan Roof - Tints - Leather

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #10078 on: 10 March 2020, 18:44 »
Not me but some thoughtless f**ker... Drove home today from Staithes on the lovely Yorkshire coast. Great drive down the A169 from Whitby to Pickering, wonderful scenery but some very slow elderly drivers (30-40 in a 60 on a dry perfectly clear day :angry:). Found the TCR to be a very capable and safe car for overtaking :whistle:. Stopped off at services on the M1, car park was nice and quiet so I parked where there were no other cars, none around me either when I returned 20 minutes later but there was a scrape on my OS rear door :sad:, bloody buggers. Can only guess it was another door opening on to mine, about 1 cm wide foot high black scuff. There doesn't appear to be much physical damage so hopefully once I've thoroughly cleaned it I'll be able to remove the black marks with minimal evidence left behind :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #10079 on: 10 March 2020, 19:51 »
Not me but some thoughtless f**ker... Drove home today from Staithes on the lovely Yorkshire coast. Great drive down the A169 from Whitby to Pickering, wonderful scenery but some very slow elderly drivers (30-40 in a 60 on a dry perfectly clear day :angry:). Found the TCR to be a very capable and safe car for overtaking :whistle:. Stopped off at services on the M1, car park was nice and quiet so I parked where there were no other cars, none around me either when I returned 20 minutes later but there was a scrape on my OS rear door :sad:, bloody buggers. Can only guess it was another door opening on to mine, about 1 cm wide foot high black scuff. There doesn't appear to be much physical damage so hopefully once I've thoroughly cleaned it I'll be able to remove the black marks with minimal evidence left behind :rolleyes:

That’s really annoying, to put it mildly :angry:.

I really dislike parking in public car parks, because you can almost guarantee if you park in an empty section of the car park (as I do) to minimise the risk of damage, someone - usually in a large, tatty, unloved SUV - will park in an adjoining space and not give a toss if they put a ding in your door, when they could have chosen multiple other spaces to park in.

Hope there’s no damage and the mark will clean off.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl