Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785027 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9910 on: 20 January 2020, 08:42 »
Think yourself lucky to have petrol head mates..... I live really close to some lovely roads in the Matlock area and my mates drive an Astra van, 1.5l focus and a Yaris….. no wonder they don't like going for a drive for the pleasure of it!! :shocked:

I’m in Wolves so not a million miles away. Should organise a meet up and little drive  :cool:

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9911 on: 20 January 2020, 08:46 »
So sat in the waiting reception of Midland VW for the little beastie to get some new oil

Cleaned her yesterday and due to freezing temps and dirty water on the ground, now dirty again after only a few miles lol.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9912 on: 20 January 2020, 08:52 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

Niiiice! Whereabouts in the peaks did you go? Some of the roads and scenery is stunning!

We did a loop of some roads from Sheffield/Ringinglow out to Lognor and back towards Matlock and Chatsworth. Back roads mainly so lots of ice/snowy slush and mud. Great fun though.

Great that you have such good driving roads near you. Lovely pictures too! If I was to invite a few mates out for a nice drive, what would the convoy consist of, let's see - a Seat Ateca, a Skoda Roomster, a Lexus GS...

Think yourself lucky to have petrol head mates..... I live really close to some lovely roads in the Matlock area and my mates drive an Astra van, 1.5l focus and a Yaris….. no wonder they don't like going for a drive for the pleasure of it!! :shocked:

Will give you a shout on the next one if you fancy it, you're not far away. We had a guy join us from Notts and one from Chesterfield.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9913 on: 20 January 2020, 09:21 »
Got up early and went for a drive in the Peaks with a few mates... So good to get out before the Sunday drivers! Although it dropped to -4.5 degrees in one village!

Niiiice! Whereabouts in the peaks did you go? Some of the roads and scenery is stunning!

We did a loop of some roads from Sheffield/Ringinglow out to Lognor and back towards Matlock and Chatsworth. Back roads mainly so lots of ice/snowy slush and mud. Great fun though.

Great that you have such good driving roads near you. Lovely pictures too! If I was to invite a few mates out for a nice drive, what would the convoy consist of, let's see - a Seat Ateca, a Skoda Roomster, a Lexus GS...

Will give you a shout on the next one if you fancy it, you're not far away. We had a guy join us from Notts and one from Chesterfield.

Cheers Jim, I'll definitely be up for that..... now exactly what do you mean by early?!?! :grin:

2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9914 on: 20 January 2020, 09:31 »
So sat in the waiting reception of Midland VW for the little beastie to get some new oil

Cleaned her yesterday and due to freezing temps and dirty water on the ground, now dirty again after only a few miles lol.

Joys of loving your car Rajb…. I spent 4hrs on mine yesterday as its the first weekend in a while it hasn't been raining and after a heavy frost you can hardly tell but it's nice to know she's got some more protection on her!! Second coat with Sonax BSD, diluted it 50/50 and it was really nice and easy to apply and beads like crazy and the first time lasted pretty well for something so cost effective! (don't like to say cheap when talking about paint protection! :grin:)

Have to say though rajb yours does sit really nice.... I'm guessing lowered and spacers??

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9915 on: 20 January 2020, 12:23 »

Cheers Jim, I'll definitely be up for that..... now exactly what do you mean by early?!?! :grin:

You might be able to get an idea by the position of the sun....  :grin:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9916 on: 20 January 2020, 13:38 »

You might be able to get an idea by the position of the sun....  :grin:

By a standard British winter day.... that would be about midday surely?!?  :grin:

definitely be up for a run out on your next one if you don't mind a tag along? On the plus side by the looks of it I'll be back home before the rest of the family even realise I'm gone!  :whistle:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9917 on: 20 January 2020, 14:16 »
 :grin:

We always aim to meet around 8am and get out before the Sunday drivers! And done by 10.30 ish. I'll drop you a PM as sorting out a date for the next one.
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9918 on: 20 January 2020, 15:09 »
:grin:

We always aim to meet around 8am and get out before the Sunday drivers! And done by 10.30 ish. I'll drop you a PM as sorting out a date for the next one.

Does the 10:30 finish usually coincide with the fuel lights coming on??  :grin:

Absolutely up for that, cheers Jim!!

I'm hoping to see some arty pics of a pair of GTI's too!! :wink:

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9919 on: 20 January 2020, 19:42 »
We really should organize a meet sometime!