Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785071 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9880 on: 13 January 2020, 14:52 »
Had a run-in with a 1ft high small old fence post in the car park opposite work  :angry:

My first damage in quite a few years. And a really annoying one.

Anyone have a link to the front bumper assembly, will need a new plastic trim that goes around the front fog lights. And some paint  :sad:

Ouch..... not a great start to the week then!!

On the plus side at least the damage is low down and you don't require ANOTHER new headlight!!  :wink:

But the headlight was under warranty! And I ended up with 12 bottles of wine and a huge luxury hamper from JCT600 for all my troubles.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9881 on: 13 January 2020, 16:05 »
Had a run-in with a 1ft high small old fence post in the car park opposite work  :angry:

Anyone have a link to the front bumper assembly, will need a new plastic trim that goes around the front fog lights. And some paint  :sad:

Oh now that's gutting. Hopefully not an expensive repair though.

Offline Toppy

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9882 on: 13 January 2020, 17:44 »

I don’t have a link for it but i had to get a new 1 last year, i just phoned the local dealers parts department and they knew the part i was after. I think it cost about £35 to £45
Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9883 on: 13 January 2020, 18:25 »

On the plus side at least the damage is low down and you don't require ANOTHER new headlight!!  :wink:

But the headlight was under warranty! And I ended up with 12 bottles of wine and a huge luxury hamper from JCT600 for all my troubles.

Do you want to write me a letter of complaint, Jim  :grin:

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9884 on: 13 January 2020, 20:19 »

Do you want to write me a letter of complaint, Jim  :grin:

No problems Ryan...

*Fees may apply 😃
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9885 on: 13 January 2020, 21:25 »
I'm from Yorkshire, Jim. We don't like parting with our hard earned pennies round here. 😊

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9886 on: 14 January 2020, 08:38 »
I'm from Yorkshire, Jim. We don't like parting with our hard earned pennies round here. 😊

Same here  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9887 on: 14 January 2020, 08:56 »
Some lovely beading this am. Gave the roof a coating of Gtechniq C2 to try out at the weekend - this is a simple spray. Literally sprayed in on wet and wiped with a microfibre then buffed with another microfibre.

Thought I'd post here as sure they are plenty of people who don't want to get into detailing and this is very easy to use. Will see how it fairs in the coming months but this only took about 2 mins to apply to the roof. Might try doing it again when I wash the car properly.

https://www.theultimatefinish.co.uk/gtechniq/c2-liquid-crystal.aspx

« Last Edit: 14 January 2020, 08:58 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9888 on: 14 January 2020, 09:33 »
Some lovely beading this am. Gave the roof a coating of Gtechniq C2 to try out at the weekend - this is a simple spray. Literally sprayed in on wet and wiped with a microfibre then buffed with another microfibre.

Thought I'd post here as sure they are plenty of people who don't want to get into detailing and this is very easy to use. Will see how it fairs in the coming months but this only took about 2 mins to apply to the roof. Might try doing it again when I wash the car properly.

Looks good Jim. It works very well on glass too, no problems with the wipers.

Sorry to hear about your incident, hope it's neither difficult nor expensive to fix :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9889 on: 14 January 2020, 10:22 »

Looks good Jim. It works very well on glass too, no problems with the wipers.

Sorry to hear about your incident, hope it's neither difficult nor expensive to fix :smiley:

I did actually buy it to use on glass but was detailing a brand Amarok at the weekend so didn't get much chance to use it on mine.

Yes, an annoying scrape. One of those things, not done anything daft like that for many years.
NOW - 330e M Sport