Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785016 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9790 on: 26 December 2019, 18:26 »
Received my OBDeleven so after a bit of faff actually got it working on my iPhone instead of Samsung Tablet.

Really straight forward to use once I realised didn’t need to go to settings to connect the two via Bluetooth.

Just coded video in motion as a tester. Worked a treat. Will deactivate the headlight washers next as only have the standard version at present.

@rajb; Please deactivate video in motion (VIM) now you’ve tested it.

I wouldn’t want to think a fellow forum member could be prosecuted for having VIM active and visible to the driver via their car’s infotainment screen whilst on the move, or even worse being involved in an accident as a result of the distraction of VIM. VIM is illegal in the UK and if caught, you’d be likely to face prosecution and your insurance would be invalidated.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline hepton

• Not said much yet
  • 2017 GTD
« Reply #9791 on: 26 December 2019, 22:48 »
whats v.i.m ? sorry for been dumb can you play videos on the screen ?? :undecided: if so how??

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #9792 on: 26 December 2019, 23:23 »
whats v.i.m ? sorry for been dumb can you play videos on the screen ?? :undecided: if so how??

VIM = video in motion. No idea how to activate it, but video / films and the like viewed on the infotainment screen while the vehicle is being driven is illegal in the UK.

I can remember reading a post on another forum 2-3 years ago where a car owner had asked a firm of audio installers to activate VIM in their car. The audio installer politely declined. Apparently, just having VIM functionality activated is sufficient for the police to prosecute you, even if it’s not actually being used if/when you’re stopped by the police; in that same post, there was a link to a newspaper item where the police prosecuted a driver involved in an accident for having VIM in their car, even though it wasn’t being used at the time of the accident.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9793 on: 27 December 2019, 00:13 »
Received my OBDeleven so after a bit of faff actually got it working on my iPhone instead of Samsung Tablet.

Really straight forward to use once I realised didn’t need to go to settings to connect the two via Bluetooth.

Just coded video in motion as a tester. Worked a treat. Will deactivate the headlight washers next as only have the standard version at present.

@rajb; Please deactivate video in motion (VIM) now you’ve tested it.

I wouldn’t want to think a fellow forum member could be prosecuted for having VIM active and visible to the driver via their car’s infotainment screen whilst on the move, or even worse being involved in an accident as a result of the distraction of VIM. VIM is illegal in the UK and if caught, you’d be likely to face prosecution and your insurance would be invalidated.

Don’t worry as I already have and hence mentioned it as a tester. And now coded the headlight washers out.

Main other reason for the OBDeleven was to clear the airbag fault I accidentally tripped when fitting the KW wiring for the DDC coilovers and Thinkware dash cam.

Glad to finally have a clear dash.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9794 on: 29 December 2019, 14:57 »
Gave the Golf a clean first since we travelled to Ypres for the weekend great car for weekend away as I should be

also going to book it for a Major service via the service plan,

will then have 5 vw dealer stamps in the book 
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9795 on: 29 December 2019, 21:28 »
Gave the Golf a clean first since we travelled to Ypres for the weekend great car for weekend away as I should be

Same here, quick but much-needed wash for me too...  :smiley:

Really do like the Tungsten colour, might have to look at options to purchase this when the lease ends...

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9796 on: 29 December 2019, 21:43 »
Did Santa bring you any ONR, Jim?

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9797 on: 29 December 2019, 22:54 »
Did Santa bring you any ONR, Jim?

No, apparently I wasn’t on the good list!

But will be sorting some out soon.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Talk-torque

• I live here
« Reply #9798 on: 30 December 2019, 06:56 »

So, does OBDeleven now work on iPhone exactly the same as it does on Android? Reports have been conflicting. Tempted.
Roger.

Pure White MY19 GTI PP 5 Door DSG with 19” Brescias.

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9799 on: 30 December 2019, 11:25 »

Same here, quick but much-needed wash for me too...  :smiley:

Really do like the Tungsten colour, might have to look at options to purchase this when the lease ends...

very nice Jim .and im sure anyone would be delighted to have that long term p,s  Do you still have the Hyperstrada ?

the new Hypermotard 950 seems Very competent especially  the SP  :laugh:
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date