Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785021 times)

Offline Jason b

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9770 on: 16 December 2019, 19:08 »
 A return trip from Ypres with my GTI today really nice drive. Only my wife and I easy work made of everything quite as it should do .

I didn't see one other GTI or R in Belgium in almost 3 days
« Last Edit: 16 December 2019, 19:53 by Jason b »
Night blue MK7 GTI keyless winter pack nav camers etc very partial to a Ducati and a Fs1e.A serial Le Mans 24 attendee 13 starts in a row to date

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9771 on: 18 December 2019, 13:17 »
Wash day today, good long soak in snow foam, wash, rinse and dry followed by a buff with some QD. Pretty sure it's not going to last long :rolleyes:

2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9772 on: 18 December 2019, 15:07 »
Looking good. :) Hard to keep anything clean this weather !
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9773 on: 18 December 2019, 16:09 »
Looking good. :) Hard to keep anything clean this weather !

Thanks :smiley:, you're not wrong especially when it's always raining on your days off :rolleyes:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9774 on: 20 December 2019, 07:26 »
Well..yesterday. Had to go from our office in Cheshire down to Leominster in Herefordshire. M6, M56, M53, A483, A5, A49 - (120 miles each way). Had a horrendous journey - traffic jams, torrential rain, floods, accidents, and a road closure on the A49 - at one point I was in a 15 mile huge procession of vehicles on the way back in driving rain doing about 25mph.

Was therefore really surprised when I saw this on my return (don't think my GTD would have returned much better) - a potential range of over 520 miles on a DSG GTI ? Got to be happy with that ?

« Last Edit: 20 December 2019, 07:28 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline dean5125

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9775 on: 20 December 2019, 08:01 »
Well..yesterday. Had to go from our office in Cheshire down to Leominster in Herefordshire. M6, M56, M53, A483, A5, A49 - (120 miles each way). Had a horrendous journey - traffic jams, torrential rain, floods, accidents, and a road closure on the A49 - at one point I was in a 15 mile huge procession of vehicles on the way back in driving rain doing about 25mph.

Was therefore really surprised when I saw this on my return (don't think my GTD would have returned much better) - a potential range of over 520 miles on a DSG GTI ? Got to be happy with that ?

Sounds like a really fun day and with that sort of economy just another reason that these are the perfect all rounder!! What sort of figures do you think your GTD would have returned on a similar journey?

Honestly don't know how you can live with the temperature set to an odd number on though!! :laugh:
2019 (68) GTI PERFORMANCE DSG - new baby
2016 (66) GOLF R DSG - gone but definitely not forgotten

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
« Reply #9776 on: 20 December 2019, 08:14 »

That's bloody impressive as I haven't been able to get to the high 30's let alone into the 40's.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #9777 on: 20 December 2019, 08:26 »
Sounds like a really fun day and with that sort of economy just another reason that these are the perfect all rounder!! What sort of figures do you think your GTD would have returned on a similar journey?

Honestly don't know how you can live with the temperature set to an odd number on though!! :D

My GTD on a very similar journey would have probably got low to mid fifties (so no more than 5-8 mpg in it).

At one point on the way down (about 65 miles into the journey before it turned to crap), the computer was showing 51.6mpg !

Never really thought about the odd numbers on the climate control. It doesn't bother me but having it sent to half degrees really winds me up.
« Last Edit: 20 December 2019, 08:28 by Sootchucker »
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9778 on: 20 December 2019, 18:33 »
Finally been able to give it a wash and quick Gtechniq Cv2 once over.  Been so busy with work and stupid rain all the time.

(Excuse images, just playing with camera, as you can see I'm no photographer 😝)
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9779 on: 20 December 2019, 18:42 »
Looks lovely and glossy MKgti, just as TR should :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.