Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Andy198

• Not said much yet
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9720 on: 03 December 2019, 14:42 »
I gave the car a wash and headed out for a walk on a local Heath - cold but enjoyed it. I think after a lifetime of driving manuals, I'm really enjoying 'learning' the DSG. It has some funny ways, but its never too late to learn.  :wink:
GTI PP Mk7.5 with DCC, Sunroof, Brescias / BBS SR & 90% Tints

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9721 on: 03 December 2019, 22:08 »
Currently in Norfolk, most of the way through the annual pre-Christmas family visits having driven from London to Blackpool on Saturday then to Norfolk yesterday. A fair few hundred miles covered in comfort and economy. With my current dilemma of whether or not to upgrade to a TCR, I'm wondering why given how good this car is at everything and at no point have I thought I needed more power or DSG. Still tempted though, however my first choice (TR) seems to have gone...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9722 on: 04 December 2019, 13:38 »
Currently in Norfolk, most of the way through the annual pre-Christmas family visits having driven from London to Blackpool on Saturday then to Norfolk yesterday. A fair few hundred miles covered in comfort and economy. With my current dilemma of whether or not to upgrade to a TCR, I'm wondering why given how good this car is at everything and at no point have I thought I needed more power or DSG. Still tempted though, however my first choice (TR) seems to have gone...

Sounds like you are talking yourself of buying one quite nicely without any further forum input needed at all!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline clubsport

• I live here
« Reply #9723 on: 04 December 2019, 13:48 »

I know exactly what you mean, I drove 5 hours in my previous PP to collect my CS. I was so impressed on that drive with the PP as an allrounder, I wondered why I was changing my car? :)

Offline Ryan90GTI

• I live here
« Reply #9724 on: 04 December 2019, 14:16 »
I keep looking at Clubsports, I'd absolutely love one but I can't justify the cost. I'm booked in for a remap next month so hopefully that'll keep me interested. Started modding too, Clubsport S muffler on its way from Latvia.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9725 on: 04 December 2019, 14:33 »
I keep looking at Clubsports, I'd absolutely love one but I can't justify the cost. I'm booked in for a remap next month so hopefully that'll keep me interested. Started modding too, Clubsport S muffler on its way from Latvia.

You getting it dyno'd as well? Need to look at booking that dyno-day at Barnsley...!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9726 on: 04 December 2019, 18:30 »

Sounds like you are talking yourself of buying one quite nicely without any further forum input needed at all!  :grin:

It's my wallet doing the talking :whistle: :rolleyes: :laugh: The Volkswizard car is now at £29k which is a great deal for a really well specced car and my head says DO IT! But although I like the grey, I don't love it and that's important to me. If it was a bit closer I would go and have a look but at around a 4-5 hour round trip, I'm struggling to find the time to go.

I know exactly what you mean, I drove 5 hours in my previous PP to collect my CS. I was so impressed on that drive with the PP as an allrounder, I wondered why I was changing my car? :)

It certainly doesn't help in deciding does it! I've done 3 long runs since Saturday covering around 650 miles and it was perfect, no complaints at all. Another 250 miles to cover this Friday to Sunday and no doubt it'll be great then too.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9727 on: 05 December 2019, 08:50 »

It's my wallet doing the talking :whistle: :rolleyes: :laugh: The Volkswizard car is now at £29k which is a great deal for a really well specced car and my head says DO IT! But although I like the grey, I don't love it and that's important to me. If it was a bit closer I would go and have a look but at around a 4-5 hour round trip, I'm struggling to find the time to go.

It certainly doesn't help in deciding does it! I've done 3 long runs since Saturday covering around 650 miles and it was perfect, no complaints at all. Another 250 miles to cover this Friday to Sunday and no doubt it'll be great then too.

How many miles you at now Watts? When you look on paper it probably makes absolutely no sense to swap. But cars are often something you buy with your heart as much as your head if you're that sort of person. I've got to start looking after Christmas as mine will be gone at the start of June. Unless there is an appealing option on the settlement of the lease...

NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9728 on: 05 December 2019, 09:14 »
How many miles you at now Watts? When you look on paper it probably makes absolutely no sense to swap. But cars are often something you buy with your heart as much as your head if you're that sort of person. I've got to start looking after Christmas as mine will be gone at the start of June. Unless there is an appealing option on the settlement of the lease...

I'm at around 37k miles now and yes, it makes no sense to swap. If I really like a car then I do tend to keep it, same with most things even at the expense of a potential profit (not cars!) as I won't let go.

June sounds like a good time to change if you are buying yourself and will be happy with a 6 month old car, a 7.5 with low miles and the 8 due imminently should mean there are bargains to be had!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9729 on: 05 December 2019, 09:25 »

I'm at around 37k miles now and yes, it makes no sense to swap. If I really like a car then I do tend to keep it, same with most things even at the expense of a potential profit (not cars!) as I won't let go.

June sounds like a good time to change if you are buying yourself and will be happy with a 6 month old car, a 7.5 with low miles and the 8 due imminently should mean there are bargains to be had!

Pretty normal mileage then so no need for you to rush out and swap! Sure you'll make the right decision.

Yes, a 2019 ish Mk7.5 in some form is a potential - TCR or R. Do fancy something with AWD next though and R would be a nice change after 2 GTI's.
NOW - 330e M Sport