Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785074 times)

Offline rajb

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9670 on: 22 August 2019, 22:09 »
I just bought the BMS black billet tips in the for sale section.

Can’t wait to receive them and get them on.

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9671 on: 22 August 2019, 22:15 »
Prepped the car for winter with a detail. Just the wheels to seal now tomorrow. Just reading the above regarding wheels, my Austin’s are from August 2013 and no white worm to report. Thankfully haven’t kerbed any yet. Car six years old now and still love it 50k miles in  :smiley:

You've certainly taken great care of it, looks amazing for a 6 year old car! :smiley:

Cheers Watts  :cool:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Ginagee

• Here all the time
« Reply #9672 on: 27 August 2019, 11:04 »
Here's one of my refurbed diamond cut & anthracite Austins, Transalloy took the photo. I've got them on the car now, it looks fantastic. Will post pics later.

2014 GTi Mk7 5dr Manual, Reflex Silver, PP, DNS, Dynaudio, Pano Roof.

Offline kmpowell

• I live here
« Reply #9673 on: 27 August 2019, 12:28 »
Here's one of my refurbed diamond cut & anthracite Austins, Transalloy took the photo. I've got them on the car now, it looks fantastic. Will post pics later.

Sat directly on a concrete surface?!? :shocked:
SOLD March 2021
2019 GTI Performance, 5DR, DSG - Isaac Blue, Leather, Pan Roof, 19" Brescias, DCC, Dynaudio, Rear Camera, Keyless, Electric Memory Driver Seat.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #9674 on: 27 August 2019, 13:14 »

Sat directly on a concrete surface?!? :shocked:

Not like you can see the back of the wheels anyway!  :grin:

I'm sure they must be pretty careful not to damage wheels before a customer has even got them back though but does seem to be sat directly on the floor...
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Carbon VW

• Here all the time
« Reply #9675 on: 31 August 2019, 13:21 »
Fitted carbon fiber mirror caps from Ultimate Customs. What a PITA to fit bit worth it as I though they look great with the CSG paintwork.  :cool:
Mk7 CSG GTi 6MF Stage 1, CSS backbox

Offline Rhoderunner

• Just got here
« Reply #9676 on: 03 September 2019, 18:00 »
Hi Gina, your wheels look fantastic with the anthracite  :cool:, I have been considering going to Transalloy in Batley for a re-furb of two of my Austins and after seeing yours I might go for the same, I live in Brighouse & have a white 2013 GTI PP with DSG, DCC, Pan Roof, Park Assist & Vienna Leather. How much did it cost for the wheels doing if you don't mind me asking?
Thanks Ian     
Pure White 3 Dr Golf GTi PP (DSG) Vienna Leather Pan Roof DCC Park Assist Discover Pro

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #9677 on: 05 September 2019, 13:50 »
Fitted a forge turbo muffler delete. Simple enough job but fiddly at the same time! Car sounds slightly rortier to my ears and seems a big stronger during acceleration. Could be placebo, but I'm pleased with the results :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Robo999

• Not said much yet
« Reply #9678 on: 07 September 2019, 19:00 »
Fitted racingline r600, ramair intake hise, ramair turbo elbow, gfb dv+, and the racingline coolant relocation pipe. All looks good. Little bit more sound as well as response. See how it goes when i drive to scotland next week  :laugh:
Mk7 GTI Edition 40 Clubsport no. 53

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9679 on: 08 September 2019, 19:52 »
Mine took me and my OH for a lovely sunny day out to Brooklands Museum in Weybridge - https://www.brooklandsmuseum.com/ a great place and today was an event for the 50th birthday of the Ford Capri :smiley: My first two cars were Capris and although in reality there weren't the last word in engineering or driving dynamics, I do look back fondly to simpler times when all you needed was a socket set and a Haynes manual and all the little maladies were easily sorted. Mind you, it was a good thing as there were things going wrong fairly often :rolleyes: Anyway, it was a great day and some beautifully presented cars, some of them very rare too. Never seen so many RS3100s in one place! As soon as I got home I was looking at adverts for sale and trying to convince myself keeping one on the drive would be fine...
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.