Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785049 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #9380 on: 07 April 2019, 15:32 »
Today. Washed it.

Yesterday. Had it serviced and forbade them to wash it.  :grin:
It’s often an interesting experience sat in a dealership on a busy Saturday and yesterday was no exception.
I couldn’t get the WiFi to work or get a mobile signal so was entertained by the cringeworthy sales guys and their patter. Never mind free coffee, they should provide sick buckets in the waiting room for those innocently subjected to sales staff BS.
There’s no privacy for clueless unsuspecting potential punters, they’re directed to a table and chairs in full public view right next to the waiting area then subjected to the inevitable PCP brainwashing.
I was having to bite my tongue a few times in order not to correct the sales guys and inform the punters on a few things. Maybe I’m in the wrong job!

A few interesting cars to take my attention too. A nice white silver 2018 GTI with leather caught my eye, as did an unregistered white 7.5 GTI in basic spec for £26.5k. With a bit more off that sticker price I’d have been tempted myself in a previous life, just to say I’d owned a FL model. 

Two white up! GTI’s were knocking about and I had a meander around them. Was tempted to ask for a test drive just for the hell of it. Thankfully the sales guys were busy so I just spectated instead.
The dealership was packed actually. VW must be doing ok and Brexit can’t be putting people off buying.
I guess the up! GTI is the only sporty model left with a real gearbox now. A shame.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #9381 on: 07 April 2019, 16:49 »
Today. Washed it.

Yesterday. Had it serviced and forbade them to wash it.  :grin:
It’s often an interesting experience sat in a dealership on a busy Saturday and yesterday was no exception.
I couldn’t get the WiFi to work or get a mobile signal so was entertained by the cringeworthy sales guys and their patter. Never mind free coffee, they should provide sick buckets in the waiting room for those innocently subjected to sales staff BS.
There’s no privacy for clueless unsuspecting potential punters, they’re directed to a table and chairs in full public view right next to the waiting area then subjected to the inevitable PCP brainwashing.
I was having to bite my tongue a few times in order not to correct the sales guys and inform the punters on a few things. Maybe I’m in the wrong job!

A few interesting cars to take my attention too. A nice white silver 2018 GTI with leather caught my eye, as did an unregistered white 7.5 GTI in basic spec for £26.5k. With a bit more off that sticker price I’d have been tempted myself in a previous life, just to say I’d owned a FL model. 

Two white up! GTI’s were knocking about and I had a meander around them. Was tempted to ask for a test drive just for the hell of it. Thankfully the sales guys were busy so I just spectated instead.
The dealership was packed actually. VW must be doing ok and Brexit can’t be putting people off buying.
I guess the up! GTI is the only sporty model left with a real gearbox now. A shame.

Car dealerships are weird nowadays I was in during the week there is no service desk just an area with tables and chairs, I walked over to it but was headed off before I got there from someone from the main reception and asked what I required. I was then sat in one of the seats in the area while the girl got someone from through a glass walled room to come and book the car in. All a bit off a faff!

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9382 on: 21 April 2019, 13:56 »
I have done anything yet... but I have just purchased a DA polisher  :laugh:

I shall be testing it out on the wife’s car this weekend  :evil:
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline watchdog

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9383 on: 21 April 2019, 14:00 »
I have done anything yet... but I have just purchased a DA polisher  :laugh:

I shall be testing it out on the wife’s car this weekend  :evil:

Bit like myself in that I always use the wife's car if there's a chance something could go wrong.  Which DA did you purchase?

Offline Mutley75

• Here all the time
« Reply #9384 on: 21 April 2019, 14:03 »
Just a generic one from Amazon. It’s the same as the one sold by Halfords and Argos with their own branding.  Gets reasonable reviews at DetailingWorld. I’m only a novice looking to make applying polish easier on my ageing limbs, nothing too serious. Unless I get hooked in.
Golf GTi Performance Edition (2019), 5dr, DSG in Isaac Blue, Dynaudio & Brescia alloys.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #9385 on: 21 April 2019, 14:46 »
We're back!! Hurrah!

Thanks to those behind the scenes for getting the site back up and running :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #9386 on: 21 April 2019, 15:18 »
We're back!! Hurrah!

Thanks to those behind the scenes for getting the site back up and running :smiley:
For a brief moment I was thinking about joining the R forum so excellent to see we are back. Big thumbs up to all involved getting the forum back up and running 👍
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #9387 on: 21 April 2019, 15:24 »
Chocolate eggs and golfgtiforum back up and running. What a time to be alive! :cool:

I'll add my thanks for the efforts of all involved. I may give the GTD a celebratory wash  :smiley:

PS is the spell check button new? Never noticed it before...
7.5 GTD

Offline trueblue_ips

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #9388 on: 21 April 2019, 15:25 »
It's back!!!
Fantastic.

Offline TurboTrev

• I live here
« Reply #9389 on: 21 April 2019, 15:58 »
Great that it's back! smiley: