Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785009 times)

Offline Pixwix

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8890 on: 14 October 2018, 13:33 »
It was me asking about the warning message, or lack of,  I don't have access to VCDS so carry spare batteries at all times now!

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8891 on: 14 October 2018, 14:07 »
Yeah it's a bit daft not to show a warning and then all of a sudden your key doesn't work.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8892 on: 14 October 2018, 20:38 »
After some horrendous weather recently, I finally got the chance to give the car a mini prep for winter. Used mostly auto finese which I really like. I managed to pick up a half used tub of desire for £20 and am very impressed with it :)
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline DubmanSam

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8893 on: 15 October 2018, 09:06 »
It was me asking about the warning message, or lack of,  I don't have access to VCDS so carry spare batteries at all times now!

Thank God its not just me, this happened to me the other day with KESSY, switched to the spare key whilst the batteries I ordered were on their way and 2 days later the spare died with no warning. Replaced with a CR2032 instead of CR2025 as I read it should last longer.

Now have a spare battery in the car too.
2016 MK7 Golf GTI PP Solid White, Eibach Pro-Kit, Forge Intake Pipe, CTS Turbo Inlet, Pipercross Filter, Rear Wiper Delete, 10mm Spacers Front, 15mm Spacers Rear, VCDS tweaks, ST Suspension RARB, 034 Motorsport Engine Mounts, Centre Resonator Delete, REVO Turbo Muffler Delete, Sachs Performance Clutch, S3 Short Shifter, Clutch Bump Stop, Clutch Delay Valve Removed

Offline Finglonga

• I live here
« Reply #8894 on: 15 October 2018, 10:03 »

Thermostat housing itself seems to be a weak point too.

That was replaced by VW a couple of years ago and the leak from that was significantly worse. only using a tiny amount but bugging me there is a leak.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8895 on: 15 October 2018, 11:00 »

Thank God its not just me, this happened to me the other day with KESSY, switched to the spare key whilst the batteries I ordered were on their way and 2 days later the spare died with no warning. Replaced with a CR2032 instead of CR2025 as I read it should last longer.

I've just ordered the same spec battery as reading stuff from tinternet said it may cause issues using a different battery. Could just be another urban myth though  :grin:

Offline Wide

• I live here
« Reply #8896 on: 15 October 2018, 12:40 »
My Youtube Channel ** MK8 R and MK7.5 GTI PP**
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOQb17Kro9L-iuT91cKxsjA
And My INSTAGRAM FaceliftGT
https://www.instagram.com/p/CHKNpaNHog_/

Offline MKgti

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8897 on: 15 October 2018, 12:52 »
Very nice.
I'm looking at getting some Pretoria 18" copies for my winter wheels.
What tyres did you go for?
Collected and being driven....... Gti PP 5dr DSG Tornado red, tints and Brescia's.

Offline rjwojcik

• Here all the time
« Reply #8898 on: 15 October 2018, 18:12 »

I've just ordered the same spec battery as reading stuff from tinternet said it may cause issues using a different battery. Could just be another urban myth though  :grin:

Ummm...  I thought the CRxxyy denoted the diameter and thickness of the battery, so the only issue is that it may not fit.  My GTD to the CR2032.

Taken from Wikipedia:

Coin-shaped cells are thin compared to their diameter. Polarity is usually stamped on the metal casing.
The IEC prefix "CR" denotes lithium manganese dioxide chemistry. Since Li-MnO2 cells produce 3 volts there are no widely available alternative chemistries for a lithium coin battery. The "BR" prefix indicates a round lithium/carbon monofluoride cell. See lithium battery for discussion of the different performance characteristics. One Li-MnO2 cell can replace two alkaline or silver-oxide cells.
IEC designation numbers indicate the physical dimensions of the cylindrical cell. Cells less than one centimeter in height are assigned four-digit numbers, where the first two digits are the diameter in millimeters, while the last two digits are the height in tenths of millimeters. Taller cells are assigned five-digit numbers, where the first two digits are the diameter in millimeters, followed by the last three digits indicating the height in tenths of millimeters.
Current:
2018 RS4  - Navarra Blue / Black
Gone:
2016 A6 BiTDI - Midnight Blue / Black
2016 Golf GTD with a "lot" of toys
2016 M3 CP - Mineral Grey / Black
2009 135i - Le Mans Blue / Black

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8899 on: 15 October 2018, 18:56 »
The ones in my key fob are cr2025. Ordered 4 just in case the spare decides to go too  :smiley: