Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785058 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8790 on: 07 August 2018, 13:19 »
Don't you just love it when someone quotes the full amount of a fairly big post with pictures? No? Just me then  :whistle:

Oops, didn't mean to!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8791 on: 07 August 2018, 13:44 »
No hardship having manual aircon, i'm too tight to pay £450 for the auto when a simple dial turned incrementally about 20 degrees from minimum gives me the 18C temp I want. I really expected to dislike the dash, but I genuinely like it in the flesh. Would be easy to wrap if not, and with a fresh order you could spec deep iron (like mercury in colour).

Hopefully satisfied a few curiosities here anyway.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8792 on: 07 August 2018, 15:20 »
No hardship having manual aircon, i'm too tight to pay £450 for the auto when a simple dial turned incrementally about 20 degrees from minimum gives me the 18C temp I want. I really expected to dislike the dash, but I genuinely like it in the flesh. Would be easy to wrap if not, and with a fresh order you could spec deep iron (like mercury in colour).

I think it looks great, even the dash (I like red :whistle:) so thanks for taking the time to post :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline naxcars

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8793 on: 07 August 2018, 20:14 »
Ordered one of these

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/exterieur-golf-7-r-facelift-performance-rear-spoiler-genuine-volkswagen.htm

And the Service Manager as kindly said he'll fit it for free -  £217 not a bad price.  Should look good on a white car with the other gloss black trims  :smiley:
2014 Golf GTI Performance Pack: Nav & Rear Parking Camera, DTUK FRS+

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8794 on: 08 August 2018, 09:05 »
Ordered one of these

https://www.kunzmann.de/shop/en/exterieur-golf-7-r-facelift-performance-rear-spoiler-genuine-volkswagen.htm

And the Service Manager as kindly said he'll fit it for free -  £217 not a bad price.  Should look good on a white car with the other gloss black trims  :smiley:

£217 for a small strip of plastic. One word. Wow. 

But at least they include some double sided tape to fix it on!  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline naxcars

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8795 on: 08 August 2018, 09:19 »
Ordered one of these

Pocket money to you Jim_mk7.5  :grin:
2014 Golf GTI Performance Pack: Nav & Rear Parking Camera, DTUK FRS+

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8796 on: 08 August 2018, 09:40 »
Ordered one of these

I'm still trying to get my head around an additional £150 for res delete...!

Pocket money to you Jim_mk7.5  :grin:
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8797 on: 08 August 2018, 15:31 »
I really wanted a Mk5 GT TDi 170 back in the day, but for one reason or another it just never happened.  :sad:

You can't let it go to the scrapper Exonian  :cry:

Thankfully a happier ending to the 170 as it found its way back to the dealer that it was bought from for far more money than I'd have paid!  :grin:

Ordered one of these

I quite like those little spoilers.
Much less gaudy than the Clubsport one and more in keeping with a Golf's character

Thanks for the write up and photos of the Polo MH, much appreciated here.

It looks a really impressive bit of kit, good value too.

Almost as interesting will be how you get on with the DSG in the longer term, will you become another fully fledged convert?

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8798 on: 08 August 2018, 17:58 »
Ordered one of these

It comes painted, that's definitely worth something. The aftermarket ones need painting, a lot of people I spoke to for mine wanted about £100 to do it.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #8799 on: 08 August 2018, 18:50 »
I really wanted a Mk5 GT TDi 170 back in the day, but for one reason or another it just never happened.  :sad:

You can't let it go to the scrapper Exonian  :cry:

Thankfully a happier ending to the 170 as it found its way back to the dealer that it was bought from for far more money than I'd have paid!  :grin:

Pheww, I can sleep easy now  :whistle:
7.5 GTD