Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784994 times)

Offline monkeyhanger

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8760 on: 03 August 2018, 09:05 »
Currently on holiday and have the pleasure of buzzing round in a brand new Polo.
Fantastic little car, really smooth to drive and has a great interior.
I imagine the GTI version is a blast😎

It is, received our Polo GTI+ on Wednesday. Makes the standard Golf GTI seem seriously overpriced for what the Polo offers at £5k less.
Whey ya bugger! It's finally arrived after an 8 month wait....
MK7 R 5 door, manual, Lapiz Blue, Prets.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8761 on: 03 August 2018, 09:33 »
Currently on holiday and have the pleasure of buzzing round in a brand new Polo.

It is, received our Polo GTI+ on Wednesday. Makes the standard Golf GTI seem seriously overpriced for what the Polo offers at £5k less.

I think the Polo GTI+ does seems good value and if you can live with the slightly smaller package it makes a lot of sense. It was left behind on the 1/4 mile video by the Golf Performance model but then there is £8k difference on list price! Personally I'd struggle with anything smaller than the current Golf and my next car will probably be bigger not smaller.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8762 on: 03 August 2018, 12:19 »
I found the Golf too small, hence the Tiguan and Amarok. I have been driving my Mk2 GTI a bit recently and that is dwarfed by virtually everything.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8763 on: 03 August 2018, 12:40 »
I found the Golf too small, hence the Tiguan and Amarok. I have been driving my Mk2 GTI a bit recently and that is dwarfed by virtually everything.

Any recent snaps of your mk2?
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #8764 on: 03 August 2018, 12:45 »

I think the Polo GTI+ does seems good value and if you can live with the slightly smaller package it makes a lot of sense. It was left behind on the 1/4 mile video by the Golf Performance model but then there is £8k difference on list price! Personally I'd struggle with anything smaller than the current Golf and my next car will probably be bigger not smaller.
I don’t need anything bigger than a Polo but as I own my Golf and I do very little mileage, changing it makes no sense.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8765 on: 03 August 2018, 13:38 »

Any recent snaps of your mk2?

No. It's not changed since, well, forever. All the pictures that were on here got held to ransom by Photobucket and I've not bothered to find another site to host them.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8766 on: 03 August 2018, 15:27 »

Have I missed a full review somewhere?  :smug:

I'd be really keen to hear how it compares to the R.
My son has the MQB chassis Ibiza and it feels damn near as well made as my Golf with the exception of a few cheap bits of lower door and dash plastic and the actual doors don't quite have that solid feeling the Golf doors have. However, unless you spend your life slamming the doors for tactile pleasure and scratching your fingers down the plastic sections of door trim because you spend too much time reading mainstream motoring magazines who like to nit pick small faults to justify their existence yet ignore the fact a lot of current generation French cars are made of tinfoil...

Anyway, where was I?
Oh yes. The new Polo GTI+ interests me (on the back of experience of the Ibiza) as the next gen Golf R will be an easy £40k and that's way out of my league to justify spending on a humble Golf, plus I'm not convinced with the hybrid technology as yet which is probably not a great deal of use around hilly West Country lanes. Light weight and plenty of torque to pull the car out of bends it the order of the day here, not doing electric propulsion drag races up the city bypass.

Besides, my Clubsport is a garage ornament and I'm currently looking at a massively increased commute, so a relatively cheap Polo GTI+ could be a good car to replace the Ed40 with as it'd be well suited to the mostly 40mph governed commute around the rural lanes.
DSG gearbox to avoid chocolate clutches and an easy 300bhp remapped...  :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline BobbyT

• I live here
  • Housemusic aint for everybody,only the sexy people
« Reply #8767 on: 03 August 2018, 18:18 »
Gave the whales bottom a good clean and wax

BW3 2018... 7.5 Oryx White R Estate, Black mirrors and rails, Dynaudio, Rear Cam, Climate Screen, 90% tints

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8768 on: 03 August 2018, 22:54 »
Fitted the new novus wheels I got along with a set of Michelin pilot sports. I also got my racingline springs installed and then gave the car a coat of wax. Very pleased with the results :)

* fitted the rear centre caps after the photo as I had to modify them slightly to fit !
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8769 on: 04 August 2018, 07:30 »

Awww bless. You even left a love heart puddle.