Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8740 on: 28 July 2018, 12:12 »
Very nice JB  :cool:

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8741 on: 29 July 2018, 10:20 »
Washed it for the first time in about six weeks  :embarrassed:

To be fair it wasn’t that bad just very dusty.

Grab yourself a California duster, they're great for lifting off the dust between washes.  I carry one in my boot all summer, people at work think I'm weird for dusting my car after work before driving home!

https://www.calcarduster.com/

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8742 on: 29 July 2018, 10:29 »
I wouldn't be using anything like that on a dusty car! You'll end up with tiny scratches over time. If it's dusty wash it  :whistle:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline monsta

• I live here
« Reply #8743 on: 29 July 2018, 13:45 »
I wouldn't be using anything like that on a dusty car! You'll end up with tiny scratches over time. If it's dusty wash it  :whistle:

Yeah you'd think it would be really bad but trust me, it works. 

Offline Splashalot

• Here all the time
« Reply #8744 on: 30 July 2018, 02:06 »

Can confirm these indeed do work.  If you're brainless enough to use them like a scrubbing brush, of course the paintwork will scratch. But all it takes to remove the dust is the lightest of brush across the surface - almost not touching at all.
1972 Turquoise Superbug S; 1978 Miami Blue Golf GLS; 2007 Mk5 Tornado Red Golf GTI; 2017 Golf 7.5 Trendline Tungsten Silver 1.4ltr 110TSi with DAP; 2018 Tornado Red GTI with DAP.  All MT.  Current: 2021 Mini Cooper SE, British racing green.

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8745 on: 30 July 2018, 08:23 »
Maybe so and if you guys love them then that's 👍. Would rather wash mine though.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #8746 on: 30 July 2018, 09:11 »
Grab yourself a California duster, they're great for lifting off the dust between washes.  I carry one in my boot all summer, people at work think I'm weird for dusting my car after work before driving home!

To be fair, most people would consider that weird.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8747 on: 30 July 2018, 10:44 »

Can confirm these indeed do work.  If you're brainless enough to use them like a scrubbing brush, of course the paintwork will scratch. But all it takes to remove the dust is the lightest of brush across the surface - almost not touching at all.

The problem is, it won't ever be just dust unless of course you only park and use your car indoors!
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8748 on: 30 July 2018, 12:28 »

Not so much "what I did to my GTI", more "what some twonk did to my GTI in Waitrose car park"...

We are not amused.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8749 on: 30 July 2018, 12:30 »
Sorry to see that Dr Mike. Did they confess or did you just find it like that? Hope it gets sorted quickly :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.