Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785020 times)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8510 on: 28 May 2018, 21:13 »
Some of us don’t even have front footwell lights!  :cry:

Ditto. Have you noticed a way of adding them on your travels??

Kufatec and carsystems.eu will almost definitely sell looms or kits.
To be honest it’s not something that bothers me. It’s quite nice not knowing how dirty my floor mats are!  :laugh:

I’m not going to do much if it’s not easy - no major loss as you say. Would rather get the red pinstripe light working in the door...?? But again probably not worth taking the door off etc.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8511 on: 28 May 2018, 21:32 »

To be honest it’s not something that bothers me. It’s quite nice not knowing how dirty my floor mats are!  :laugh:

I’m not going to do much if it’s not easy - no major loss as you say. Would rather get the red pinstripe light working in the door...?? But again probably not worth taking the door off etc.

If the red light is actually in the CS door trim I’d like that working.
The white led is missing in the door release aperture which doesn’t bode well.
A few CS owners with leather have said they have ambient lighting.
A few years ago it would have been my mission to find out but I hardly use the car these days so don’t give it much thought.
If I get time I’ll search the German forums.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #8512 on: 28 May 2018, 21:54 »

If the red light is actually in the CS door trim I’d like that working.
The white led is missing in the door release aperture which doesn’t bode well.
A few CS owners with leather have said they have ambient lighting.
A few years ago it would have been my mission to find out but I hardly use the car these days so don’t give it much thought.
If I get time I’ll search the German forums.

Looking up close it seems to look like the outer lens is there but it’s very thin, certainly looks the same as a friends GTi. Quite what’s behind it is anyone’s guess. Not sure it it need plugging in, an extra bit of loom purchasing, or just a bit of coding. I’ve played with the coding side of things but there are so many options. I did manage to get the ambient lighting brightness control to come on in the head unit but it didn’t do anything.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8513 on: 28 May 2018, 22:14 »
Detailed my engine bay whilst cleaning the rest of the car. Happy with the result. Engine covers which I painted a few months holding up well too.
https://flic.kr/p/27xL53L

https://flic.kr/p/27xL5mm
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline JasonGTD

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8514 on: 29 May 2018, 11:39 »
Reached my first 300 Miles.
2018 MK 7.5 GTD 3 Dr in Pure White,Extras,Front Splitter, Carbon Exhaust Tips.

Offline deltarikk

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #8515 on: 29 May 2018, 14:50 »
Detailed my engine bay whilst cleaning the rest of the car. Happy with the result. Engine covers which I painted a few months holding up well too.

Nice job mate, did you paint the covers yourself? ......looks good imho

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8516 on: 29 May 2018, 15:06 »

Nice job mate, did you paint the covers yourself? ......looks good imho

Thank you. I did indeed. Just used primer, paint and lacquer from Halfords and it seems to being sticking it out well.
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline carlt69

• Not said much yet
« Reply #8517 on: 30 May 2018, 19:13 »
I finally got a private plate and the number plates are now on  :cool: :smiley:
MK8 GTi in Moonstone Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #8518 on: 30 May 2018, 19:41 »
First service carried out by JCT600 Sheffield. No complaints although their washing leaves a lot to be desired and if I wasn’t handing the car back this week then I wouldn’t have let them wash even though it’s not even mine!

Anyway, had a GTD Estate as loaner - what a rare sight they are! Anyone had the estate on here?

Also they fitted a Data plug thing but didn’t tell me, just left the box on the seat. Downloaded the App and doesn’t seem to tell you a great deal.

« Last Edit: 30 May 2018, 19:43 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline jaceyboy

• I live here
« Reply #8519 on: 01 June 2018, 09:33 »
Yup the app is crap

MK7 GTi