Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8170 on: 09 March 2018, 14:44 »
Anyone provide some tips please ?

This is the IOS version of the app BTW on an Iphone 6s

Throw the thing in the bin so VW can't spy on you.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8171 on: 09 March 2018, 15:57 »
Is it really that bad ?
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8172 on: 09 March 2018, 16:06 »
Tired the VW Connect App and dongle out today.

I know most people can't stand this but I thought I'd give it a whirl. One thing I can't get to the bottom of though, is that I filled up with fuel and when I checked the app after arriving at work, it duly notified me of a fuel up (a few of the stats were a little out so I corrected them), but for the life I me I can't see how to save and close this part of the app. There is a save button top right but it does nothing. The only way I can quit out of the refuel screen is to hit cancel on the fuel up instead. Anyone managed this can provide some tips please ?

This is the IOS version of the app BTW on an Iphone 6s

I got given one of these yesterday when I collected my car.  It’s still in the box which is where it will stay...at the back of a cupboard....forever! 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8173 on: 09 March 2018, 17:18 »
Wrap it in tinfoil and put it in the bin  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8174 on: 09 March 2018, 17:40 »
Another guy said he'd had one installed for about six months and had had absolutely nothing from VW. How can VW use any info that's stored when it doesn't even connect to VW??
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8175 on: 09 March 2018, 18:03 »
I don’t really care about the VW spy element, there’s plenty of data on all of us out there readily available.  But I really don’t need a dongle and app to tell me when I’ve fuelled up and how much it cost me.  Even though I’m of advancing age, I have just enough memory capacity left to remember trips to the Shell garage, and thanks to banking texts, that my bank account continues to be drained by the thirsty gas guzzling beast. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #8176 on: 09 March 2018, 19:18 »
I don’t really care about the VW spy element, there’s plenty of data on all of us out there readily available.  But I really don’t need a dongle and app to tell me when I’ve fuelled up and how much it cost me.  Even though I’m of advancing age, I have just enough memory capacity left to remember trips to the Shell garage, and thanks to banking texts, that my bank account continues to be drained by the thirsty gas guzzling beast.

I’m also of advancing (some might say advanced :grin:) age Rebecca, and I wouldn’t use the VW dongle and app either. I can still remember where I’ve parked my car, I know when I need to refuel it and when it needs servicing.

My dealer hasn’t ever offered me a VW dongle; am I disappointed? I don’t think so.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #8177 on: 09 March 2018, 19:26 »
Another guy said he'd had one installed for about six months and had had absolutely nothing from VW. How can VW use any info that's stored when it doesn't even connect to VW??

But it does... The data is read from the dongle by the app which sends it to VW...

Remember the adage... If you aren't paying for something then you are the product..
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Cossieian

• Here all the time
« Reply #8178 on: 10 March 2018, 23:35 »
Fitted the new wheels and tyres.
Excuse the filthy car :cry:

image by cossieian, on Flickr

Current: MK7 Golf R (Limestone Grey) DSG, 19 Prets, Winter Pack, Rear Camera, High Beam Assist, Apple Connect, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf R (Tornado Red) DSG, Winter Pack, Keyless, Gloss Black Mirrors
Gone: MK7 Golf GTD (Pure White)

Offline Restlessnative

• Here all the time
« Reply #8179 on: 10 March 2018, 23:53 »
Fitted the new wheels and tyres.
Excuse the filthy car :cry:

PS4S.The finest car deserves the finest rubber. :cool:
Current: Golf GTD MK7  3 door manual carbon grey.