Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785051 times)

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #8160 on: 03 March 2018, 10:05 »
Ordered new wheels and a set up Michelin P4s to wrap them in :grin:

Which wheels did you go for?
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline MjrSharpe

• Here all the time
« Reply #8161 on: 06 March 2018, 13:29 »
Maxton design gloss black splitter arrived :) Now I just need to get it fitted. Does anyone know of a capable bodyshop in NI? Thanks
2016 GTI - Tornado Red, M52 remap, DTUK Pedal box, dv+, racingline turbo elbow, forge turbo muffler delete, racingline springs, racingline stage 2 BBK, novus 0.1 wheels, injen induction kit ,st rear anti roll bar, TT short shift, 034 motorsports dogbone upper / lower inserts, sachs organic clutch, custom stainless steel exhaust, res delete, leyo bezels, oettinger rear spoiler, maxton splitter, golf r rear lights

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8162 on: 08 March 2018, 19:14 »
Had the battery replaced under warranty.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8163 on: 08 March 2018, 23:01 »
What was wrong with the original Rebecca?
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8164 on: 08 March 2018, 23:09 »
What was wrong with the original Rebecca?

It went flat a couple times and was not holding charge properly Chris.  AA guy said straight away it was on its way out, VW came to same conclusion after 3 days.  :grin:  There was a minor drain on it but enough to make it go flat, possibly a dead cell. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #8165 on: 09 March 2018, 13:13 »
Just wondering if your dash cam has had anything to do with it. I do remember someone else saying somewhere that the original battery's supplied were a bit crap anyway.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #8166 on: 09 March 2018, 14:23 »
Tried to wash it for the second time this week and for the second time it started raining at the drying stage :sad: Bugger.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8167 on: 09 March 2018, 14:29 »
Just wondering if your dash cam has had anything to do with it. I do remember someone else saying somewhere that the original battery's supplied were a bit crap anyway.

It’s a possibility.  I had the dashcam switched off for last month but still had issues but that might have been after the horse had bolted so to speak. 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #8168 on: 09 March 2018, 14:40 »
Not today, but yesterday - I actually drove my GTI  :shocked:
The sun was shining and I noticed for the first time in a couple weeks there weren't at least one but more usually two cars parked in the way of getting the garage door open.
Time to let the beast break free and run for the hills! (or dawdle across town and back, take your pick).
Key inserted (yes I have peasant spec)
Bong! "Oil service due"
Bong! "I need fuel motherf****r"
Then off out onto the highway I headed with glee in my heart.
Straight up the arse of a traffic jam.

I wished I hadn't bloomin' bothered.
Still, it was nice to have a furry steering wheel to headbutt whilst staring vacantly into the LED brake lights of the car in front.

‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #8169 on: 09 March 2018, 14:40 »
Tired the VW Connect App and dongle out today.

I know most people can't stand this but I thought I'd give it a whirl. One thing I can't get to the bottom of though, is that I filled up with fuel and when I checked the app after arriving at work, it duly notified me of a fuel up (a few of the stats were a little out so I corrected them), but for the life I me I can't see how to save and close this part of the app. There is a save button top right but it does nothing. The only way I can quit out of the refuel screen is to hit cancel on the fuel up instead. Anyone managed this can provide some tips please ?

This is the IOS version of the app BTW on an Iphone 6s
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras