Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784996 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7950 on: 15 January 2018, 12:43 »
Posted with postimage using hotlink to forums link and some double clicking, will check out other sites.

Anyway nicest day here yesterday so gave the blue meanie a wash. Citric in pump spray and rinse, Snow foam and rinse and 2 bucket wash, wheels etc but not bothered inside this time of year. Drying time is protracted in these moist conditions, roll on fine weather for a good waxing (and the car! :grin:!

Think the eyelids give meaner look they are not perfect fit wise in my book but good value at £10 all in from far east https://www.banggood.com/Black-Headlight-Eyebrow-Eyelids-Decor-For-VW-Golf-7-VII-GTI-R-MK7-2013-2014-2015-p-1060325.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Can i ask where you got the eyelids/eyebrows  :grin: for the lights ? seen some on ebay and amazon mixed reviews are you happy with yours ?

Thanks

Jen

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7951 on: 15 January 2018, 13:24 »
Posted with postimage using hotlink to forums link and some double clicking, will check out other sites.

Anyway nicest day here yesterday so gave the blue meanie a wash. Citric in pump spray and rinse, Snow foam and rinse and 2 bucket wash, wheels etc but not bothered inside this time of year. Drying time is protracted in these moist conditions, roll on fine weather for a good waxing (and the car! :grin:!

Think the eyelids give meaner look they are not perfect fit wise in my book but good value at £10 all in from far east https://www.banggood.com/Black-Headlight-Eyebrow-Eyelids-Decor-For-VW-Golf-7-VII-GTI-R-MK7-2013-2014-2015-p-1060325.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Can i ask where you got the eyelids/eyebrows  :grin: for the lights ? seen some on ebay and amazon mixed reviews are you happy with yours ?

Thanks

Jen

As I said are not perfect fit wise in my book, slightly short at the top end where they meet the wing but good value at £10 all in from far east. And not sure but think ebay items probably the same and imported in bulk. Think took 10 days to arrive with postage option. I like them and would like even wider !! The Mark 8 will have very narrow headlights for the same reason. 
Here's link https://www.banggood.com/Black-Headlight-Eyebrow-Eyelids-Decor-For-VW-Golf-7-VII-GTI-R-MK7-2013-2014-2015-p-1060325.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7952 on: 15 January 2018, 15:15 »

Thanks

Jen

As I said are not perfect fit wise in my book, slightly short at the top end where they meet the wing but good value at £10 all in from far east. And not sure but think ebay items probably the same and imported in bulk. Think took 10 days to arrive with postage option. I like them and would like even wider !! The Mark 8 will have very narrow headlights for the same reason. 
Here's link https://www.banggood.com/Black-Headlight-Eyebrow-Eyelids-Decor-For-VW-Golf-7-VII-GTI-R-MK7-2013-2014-2015-p-1060325.html?rmmds=search&cur_warehouse=CN

Crap i am sorry i didnt read the original post where you gave all that info !!

Off for a gander

thanks

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7953 on: 15 January 2018, 15:29 »
Fitted my new black mirror caps. For a modern car, that was the easiest job ever.

Can you give me a link for your caps ? thank u

Jen

http://www.vwmotorparts.com/accessories-c-37_472_473/genuine-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-mirror-caps-high-gloss-black-p-1474.html

They say for Mk7 Facelift, but they are the same as early Mk7s
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7954 on: 15 January 2018, 15:32 »
Fitted my new black mirror caps. For a modern car, that was the easiest job ever.

Can you give me a link for your caps ? thank u

Jen

http://www.vwmotorparts.com/accessories-c-37_472_473/genuine-vw-golf-mk7-facelift-mirror-caps-high-gloss-black-p-1474.html

They say for Mk7 Facelift, but they are the same as early Mk7s

Fab thanks Dubber36

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7955 on: 16 January 2018, 11:17 »

Thanks

Jen

Crap i am sorry i didnt read the original post where you gave all that info !!

Off for a gander

thanks

What did tape did u use was it 3m ? if yes any ideas what thickness to get

thanks

Jen

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #7956 on: 17 January 2018, 07:58 »
Hi Jen

They come with the 3m tape already attached peel the backing strips off and stick in place .. :whistle:

« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 09:48 by gtiaps »
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7957 on: 17 January 2018, 16:05 »
Hi Jen

They come with the 3m tape already attached peel the backing strips off and stick in place .. :whistle:

Hi thanks for that i ordered aome 12mm/0.6mm 3m tape anyway its always handy 😉

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
« Reply #7958 on: 17 January 2018, 22:08 »
Not done yet but all purchased for the weekend ..............

genuine black gloss wing mirror caps
eyelids for front lights
DODO brilliant white hard wax
Bilt Hamber Snow Foam

Have done the following OBDeleven malarky some of which hasnt worked :/

Scandinavian lights ......then changed to DRL's on AUTO only
heated seat timer to 10mins (didnt work)
Drive Mode button from yellow to white (not worked)
windows close on rain (not sure yet as snawing like a wa*ker here just now so will wait for a sunny day)
pace car indicators
Windows close on ignition off (didnt work)
seatbelt alarm off

sure i did something else but forgotten as spent every night outside with it husbands taken it away from me  :grin: :cry:

really REALLY considering the app connect i have the £200 just not sure if i really need it or not i use spotify and once connected through bluetooth i can skip tracks but not select playlists without the fone in hand also youtube i use a lot again you can skip music but not select folder

texts come up on my phone on the MIB2 but not whats app which 90% of the time i use does app connect allow this ?

whats the benefits on the app connect is it worth the cost ?

all in all spent a BOMB BUT she will look braw when i get finished with her  :laugh:

« Last Edit: 17 January 2018, 22:28 by Jeni_R_ »

Offline grahamjenks

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7959 on: 17 January 2018, 22:17 »

really REALLY considering the app connect i have the £200 just not sure if i really need it or not i use spotify and once connected through bluetooth i can skip tracks but not select playlists without the fone in hand also youtube i use a lot again you can skip music but not select folder

texts come up on my phone on the MIB2 but not whats app which 90% of the time i use does app connect allow this ?

whats the benefits on the app connect is it worth the cost ?

all in all spent a BOMB BUT she will look braw when i get finished with her  :laugh:

AppConnect (at least on Apple Airplay) doesn't work with WhatsApp. Spotify is quite good, you can select playlist etc (although search seems to be disabled). I don't think there's a youtube app either. Apple Maps is good (although not as good a as google maps on Android auto). I have a 7.5 so it came as standard - not sure I'd pay £200 for it.
GTI 7.5 Manual Tornado Red - On Order - due any day!