Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785046 times)

Offline Jeni_R_

• Here all the time
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7860 on: 04 January 2018, 11:45 »
Yesterday I hit 5k, my last car I had done that in one month.

Hi

Out of curiosity what mode do you drive in i run on standard normal whatever its called and i only ever get 41mpg i generally do 73/75 on the motorway which is 10 miles each way to and from work and then a few miles on town roads - never yet have i seen 50+ MPG which is obvs the documented MPG for the GTD - i see you have 36mpg on the display whats your average ? i get approx 400/420 miles from a full tank of fuel  :rolleyes:

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7861 on: 04 January 2018, 12:00 »
Wow, the speedo looks so cluttered I must say with both MPH/KPH (we only have KPH on ours here).

Also, 5k in nearly 12 months... in a diesel. Hardly ideal. Did you consider any petrol alternatives when ordering the Tiguan?
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7862 on: 04 January 2018, 12:42 »
Yesterday I hit 5k, my last car I had done that in one month.

Hi

Out of curiosity what mode do you drive in i run on standard normal whatever its called and i only ever get 41mpg i generally do 73/75 on the motorway which is 10 miles each way to and from work and then a few miles on town roads - never yet have i seen 50+ MPG which is obvs the documented MPG for the GTD - i see you have 36mpg on the display whats your average ? i get approx 400/420 miles from a full tank of fuel  :rolleyes:

I've no idea what my long term average is but I'll check later. That photo was taken after town driving around 20 miles or so, a short 5 mile or so stretch on the M42 at 90mph and about 10 minutes parked with the car running.

Wow, the speedo looks so cluttered I must say with both MPH/KPH (we only have KPH on ours here).

Also, 5k in nearly 12 months... in a diesel. Hardly ideal. Did you consider any petrol alternatives when ordering the Tiguan?

Yes I did but they only do the 180bhp petrol here so only thought about it for a bit.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7863 on: 04 January 2018, 12:49 »
Jeni,

My usual trip I do most often is about 2 miles of town traffic and then about 15 miles of motorway and a couple of miles of town traffic again.

In the summer that cracks 50mpg+, but below 10 degrees C its more like 44mpg.

Long motorway trips for work (50 miles plus) will see 55mpg indicated, regardless of the temperature. Its the time to warm up that is the killer to GTD MPG. Drive straight into heavy traffic for a few miles to work each day and you won't see decent MPG ever.

My long term MPG is ~48mpg.

(Manual GTD btw, no tuning bits at all)
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7864 on: 04 January 2018, 17:21 »

I will buy credits as i have quite a few on my google account anyway i have installed the OBDeleven pro app on my phone too
buy credits 😂😂😂😂

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7865 on: 04 January 2018, 18:24 »
Hi Fred

Yes thats what i mean, see you learn a new thing everyday :) How was your festive period ?

Any other recommendations for what i could do with the OBDeleven ? i know there is a dedicated page but wondered if anyone has done anything on here that might tickle me fancy  :grin:

It would have been worth paying that bit extra for the Pro. Why were you not keen on using coding? It’s pretty simple and in some ways better as you know exactly what you’ve done (keeping a record/backup of changes), whereas with the apps, aside from being quite limited, you can’t really know what’s been changed in the background. Probably not an issue unless something goes t!ts up with it. You could always return it and swap it for the pro?

For what it’s worth, here’s the adaptations I’ve done with mine but all, bar one, were done using the pro and long coding. 

Chirp on lock/unlock - long coded
Stop/start disable - long coded
Headlamp washers off - long coded
Enable fan level display on auto - app
Reverse lights full brightness - long coded
Coming home lights long coded
DRL 100% with headlights - long coded
Full (5) brake lights - long code
Refuel amount - long code

This is on an R so no front fogs to play about with as on a GTD/GTI.
« Last Edit: 04 January 2018, 18:31 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline CHB100

• Here all the time
« Reply #7866 on: 04 January 2018, 18:36 »
I'm gonna have to get one of these, the only thing that annoys me is I sold my Blackberry phone and pad this year and will have to!!! buy similar to get this pice of kit to work. :cry:
The main thing is stop bloody start!! For sure puts more wear on components and driver!
Arrived 15/5/17 Mk 7.5 R Lapiz 5dr DSG, Prets, Pan Roof, DCC, Rear View Cam.
Our other car is a Mk7 GTI DSG 5dr Tungsten, Vienna, Rear View Cam, Park assist.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7867 on: 04 January 2018, 18:39 »
I'm gonna have to get one of these, the only thing that annoys me is I sold my Blackberry phone and pad this year and will have to!!! buy similar to get this pice of kit to work. :cry:
The main thing is stop bloody start!! For sure puts more wear on components and driver!

Just buy a cheapo android device.  I’m all apple/iOS but bought a Acer Iconia just for obdeleven duty. Cost less than £50 and does the job fine.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #7868 on: 04 January 2018, 18:45 »
Android tablets are so cheap. I bought a 10" Acer something or other in the sale last week. I just wanted something for browsing and loading stuff onto Strava when I'm away and it fits the bill.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7869 on: 04 January 2018, 18:45 »
Another few I’ve done that I like:

- remember seat heating setting on engine restart
- remember last set high beam assist setting
- DRL’s only for coming home / leaving home
- only fold door mirrors if you long press the lock button (or long press door handle with keyless). Really like this one!

I also tried the exhaust flaps mod but reverted it again. Way too much drone for me to tolerate.

I bought an amazon tablet on Black Friday for it. £30!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.