Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784994 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7580 on: 09 November 2017, 12:09 »
Managed to give it a quick going over of the dishcloth.

Must be a magic dishcloth.   :cool:

Thanks Rebbaca, the magic is not in the tool used but the tool using it :laugh:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7581 on: 09 November 2017, 12:45 »

Thanks Rebbaca, the magic is not in the tool used but the tool using it :laugh:

Won’t argue with that.  :laugh:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline GTI_Ant

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #7582 on: 09 November 2017, 20:01 »
Had all four tyres (original Bridgestones) replaced with PS4s, as most people seem to recommend.  The BSs did quite well though getting to 30K miles and still just above the wear indicators.  Had the tracking done as the toe was a fair bit out due to the shocking road surfaces around here.  They said the rear toe is adjustable as well - anyone needed that?  Mine was in, but both sides close to the limit.
GTi Clubsport DCC winter pack rear camera
Previous:
7.5R 3dr DSG DPB Prets Dynaudio
MK7 GTI PP Tungsten Silver Manual Nav Dynaudio Winter Pack Park Assist

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7583 on: 09 November 2017, 21:38 »
I picked up my car last Friday and I spent part of Saturday & Sunday cleaning the paint and sealing it and applying sill and boot lip protectors. As promised in the new arrivals thread I said I'd post a pic of the sill protectors. I only got around to taking a picture of them earlier on this evening.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7584 on: 09 November 2017, 21:51 »
Booked the car in for my new wheels end of next week. Giving Michelin until next week to release the PS4S  :angry:

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7585 on: 09 November 2017, 22:17 »
Had all four tyres (original Bridgestones) replaced with PS4s, as most people seem to recommend.  The BSs did quite well though getting to 30K miles and still just above the wear indicators.  Had the tracking done as the toe was a fair bit out due to the shocking road surfaces around here.  They said the rear toe is adjustable as well - anyone needed that?  Mine was in, but both sides close to the limit.
If you get anything adjusted on the rear you'll need the radar sensor checked too. Doesn't need doing if only front is adjusted.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7586 on: 09 November 2017, 22:29 »
If you get anything adjusted on the rear you'll need the radar sensor checked too. Doesn't need doing if only front is adjusted.

Really? I had mine done and it didn't need any adjustment on the ACC

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7587 on: 09 November 2017, 23:09 »
Something to do with how the radar is calibrated and the centre line of the car, apparently  :nerd:
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #7588 on: 09 November 2017, 23:39 »
Yep.
By the letter of the VW law, if your alignment requires any change to the rear end then your ACC also needs to be calibrated. Of course you don’t absolutely have to but technically your radar could be very marginally out of whack if you don’t.  (and it could be so marginal as to be in significant).

As documented here earlier I had my alignment adjusted earlier this year. Then got new tyres last week and noticed I do seem to have some negative camber issues so I’m getting it checked out again next week...
« Last Edit: 09 November 2017, 23:41 by JoeGTI »
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline rwleigh

• Here all the time
  • Richard.
« Reply #7589 on: 09 November 2017, 23:56 »
Ready for the weekend...

Golf GTI CS40 #010 | Manual | 5 door | Pure White | Car-Net | 90% tints | Winter Pack | REVO stage 1