Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785018 times)

Offline monsta

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7510 on: 01 November 2017, 13:31 »
I actually like the idea behind them, but as they are additional to the standard knobs, the fact they make them bigger might be what people don't like about them. I would like them if they were not quite so massive - although if I wasn't used to the size of my knobs heater controls I might like them.

Yeah I know what you mean but in reality they don't feel or look excessively big.  For me though, the interior needs a bit more excitement to make it feel more special - these look OEM and are high quality so tick my boxes.

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7511 on: 01 November 2017, 13:34 »
Car's in with the dealer today for a firmware update on my MIB II Nav Pro, to see if it cures the random freezing.

God help me !!!!
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7512 on: 02 November 2017, 14:07 »
Gave it a wash today, nothing fancy, wasn't that grubby but thought it better to do it now while I had a window...

Then a quick run out to my local Audi dealer to pick a new toy up:

Short shifter, was it worth it? Hopefully, will try and get round to fitting it next week and then I'll find out :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7513 on: 02 November 2017, 14:21 »
Looks beautiful Watts.
Are you fitting the short shifter thingy yourself?
Plenty pictures if you are please :wink:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7514 on: 02 November 2017, 14:33 »
Cheers kalimon :smiley:

Will do, looks pretty straightforward, main caution appears to be not to over tighten the nut as you can snap off the stud :shocked: Dread to think what that would cost to replace... But other than that a cheap and easy mod (assuming it's any good of course).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7515 on: 02 November 2017, 16:28 »
Fitted my short shifter and what a difference! Definitely recommend it and for £45 and about 30 minutes to fit! A bit fiddly and getting the old lever off was difficult but other than that it works, I didn't break anything, no cuts and just 1 lump and bruise :smiley:

I haven't done any before and after measurements to quantify the changes, just gone by feel and the movement of the gear lever has dropped significantly, as you run through the gears it feels so much better and less notchy than before which I wasn't expecting. It makes driving more fun and that's what it should be :smiley: I was going to upgrade the shifter and bracket bushes but tbh it feels so good now I don't think I'll bother and consider investing the £85 saving elsewhere. One thing I did notice on install was that the turbo inlet elbow seems quite loose at the turbo side, I'd have thought it should be a very precise fit, presumably it is well sealed but even so...

I've taken a few pictures but I can't get on to my image hosting site at the mo so will post some later.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7516 on: 02 November 2017, 16:40 »
Gave it a wash today, nothing fancy, wasn't that grubby but thought it better to do it now while I had a window...

Then a quick run out to my local Audi dealer to pick a new toy up:

Short shifter, was it worth it? Hopefully, will try and get round to fitting it next week and then I'll find out :whistle:

I love my car but I did get the wrong number of doors and photos like that have me thinking I got the wrong colour, looks great Watts.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7517 on: 02 November 2017, 16:41 »
Fitted my short shifter and what a difference! Definitely recommend it and for £45 and about 30 minutes to fit! A bit fiddly and getting the old lever off was difficult but other than that it works, I didn't break anything, no cuts and just 1 lump and bruise :smiley:

I haven't done any before and after measurements to quantify the changes, just gone by feel and the movement of the gear lever has dropped significantly, as you run through the gears it feels so much better and less notchy than before which I wasn't expecting. It makes driving more fun and that's what it should be :smiley: I was going to upgrade the shifter and bracket bushes but tbh it feels so good now I don't think I'll bother and consider investing the £85 saving elsewhere. One thing I did notice on install was that the turbo inlet elbow seems quite loose at the turbo side, I'd have thought it should be a very precise fit, presumably it is well sealed but even so...

I've taken a few pictures but I can't get on to my image hosting site at the mo so will post some later.

Might be going to an Audi dealer tomorrow  :whistle:
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7518 on: 02 November 2017, 16:51 »
I love my car but I did get the wrong number of doors and photos like that have me thinking I got the wrong colour, looks great Watts.

Thanks for that :smiley: Colour wise though night blue looks fantastic, I'm sure you're very happy with it and it's unavailable so you could always get red next time!

If you want to get the Audi lever the part number was 8J0711046E at £37.26+VAT. Great value compared with aftermarket ones.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7519 on: 02 November 2017, 16:52 »
Silly question then, why have a longer throw to start with?
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC