Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785031 times)

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7460 on: 27 October 2017, 07:58 »
My car has been 'enjoying' high standards of customer care from the local dealer today whilst in for some warranty work that still isn't sorted. It would be nice if VW techs remember to actually refit important parts of car that they remove.

I know North East Scotland is famed for the dry, arid weather we have at this time of year, but I find windscreen wipers are most effective at doing their job when bolted to the car. And not as pictured here, lying disconnected in the boot

I didn't appreciate finding this out whilst on the A90 during a shower of rain  :rolleyes:

Those that know me can confirm that I am a calm & reasonable man ;) , but even I struggled to contain my sarcasm to the service team when I got the car back to them to fix this 'oversight'

Shocking, what a bunch of ar$es!

Midget mechanics that need a step ladder to reach the rear wiper arm??!!
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Sootchucker

• I live here
« Reply #7461 on: 27 October 2017, 08:30 »
All joking aside, that is not even funny and totally shocking and potentially lethal. I'd be storming back into the dealership and speaking to the principle to a) ensure this never happens again and b) that the tech involved is "re-educated".

If (god forbid), you went to use the wipers in a sudden downpour and could n't see where you were going and crashed and either injured yourself or worse someone else - then the dealership and VW UK would leave them side wide open to be sued to the fullest extent that the law allows !
2022 Tiguan R-Line 2.0 TSI 4-Motion. Nightshade blue, pano roof, IQ lights, Nav Pro, Harmon Kardon, Heated Windscreen, Heated rear seats, Wireless charging, Heads up display, dual height boot floor, Keyless with electric tailgate, Electronic TPMS, underbody protection, Area View Cameras

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7462 on: 27 October 2017, 08:58 »
Lol - the steps were from the other week when I changed light bulbs in my wife’s shop

It really was a pretty stupid thing to miss by the techs and one that could have caused an accident during rush hour traffic in the rain showers
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline brettblade

• Here all the time
« Reply #7463 on: 27 October 2017, 09:12 »
Back onto winter tyres for me!
Orded 04/06/2016
Build W/C 01/08/2016
Handover 01/09/2016
GTI PP, CSG, Tech pack, parking pack, 90% tints, DCC, 19" Santiago alloys
Soon to be gone!

7.5R Indium Grey, 19” Spielbergs expected 01/03/2019.

Offline Hebegeebee

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7464 on: 27 October 2017, 10:24 »
@kane1210 - that looks very good. I really like the gloss black mirror caps too.
Picked up 03/Nov/2017 - GTi-P, White silver, 5dr., Manual with extras

Offline TweedsideR

• Not said much yet
« Reply #7465 on: 27 October 2017, 11:47 »
All joking aside, that is not even funny and totally shocking and potentially lethal. I'd be storming back into the dealership and speaking to the principle to a) ensure this never happens again and b) that the tech involved is "re-educated".

If (god forbid), you went to use the wipers in a sudden downpour and could n't see where you were going and crashed and either injured yourself or worse someone else - then the dealership and VW UK would leave them side wide open to be sued to the fullest extent that the law allows !

I agree that's a shocking error (but not quite as bad as a Ford dealership who serviced my XR3i and forgot to tighten up a brake valve, as I discovered at 70mph on a dual carriageway!).

However, I'm sure the police would tell you it's the driver's responsibility to ensure that the car is fully operational and safe before it is driven on a public highway. You could try suing the dealership but legally you would be responsible for any accident.  :sad:

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7466 on: 27 October 2017, 13:32 »

Gave it a wash and quick wax.

Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline P-ToK72

• Just got here
« Reply #7467 on: 27 October 2017, 13:44 »

Very nice...
None of my previous black cars have ever looked as good as that.
2016 GTD 5 Door, CSG, Tech Pack & Sport & Sound Package

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7468 on: 27 October 2017, 13:49 »

Very nice...
None of my previous black cars have ever looked as good as that.

I don't think that many black cars full stop look that good, end of. It is getting to the point that it's getting harder to see the car because of the reflections in it.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7469 on: 27 October 2017, 14:57 »

Looks fantastic, can't beat a black car for the just cleaned effect...  :cool:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey