Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7260 on: 29 September 2017, 14:06 »
Guessing their either traveller scrap men or Romanian, so doubt there's owt to be done, the 5-0 are sending out a CCTV pack so I can copy it and they can watch it, and yes we got the reg, but I presume it's not regestered to anyone they can track down 😡

If you have the reg, can you not just inform your insurance you've been involved in a hit and run, give them the reg and make sure you have the name and address of witness (surely someone you know was using that car park), plus the CCTV footage as back up?
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7261 on: 29 September 2017, 14:07 »
Ps in cases like this the coppers won't be bothered at all for a car park scrape, unfortunately.
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7262 on: 29 September 2017, 15:06 »
Guessing their either traveller scrap men or Romanian, so doubt there's owt to be done, the 5-0 are sending out a CCTV pack so I can copy it and they can watch it, and yes we got the reg, but I presume it's not regestered to anyone they can track down 😡

If you have the reg, can you not just inform your insurance you've been involved in a hit and run, give them the reg and make sure you have the name and address of witness (surely someone you know was using that car park), plus the CCTV footage as back up?
yep reported as a hit and run, but no witnesses, I've given them the reg, but as their computer kept going wrong it think I gave my reg 12 times, booked in with a VW approved garage tomorrow for a quote

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #7263 on: 29 September 2017, 15:55 »

yep reported as a hit and run, but no witnesses, I've given them the reg, but as their computer kept going wrong it think I gave my reg 12 times, booked in with a VW approved garage tomorrow for a quote

Sometimes witnesses can make themselves known after the event, in the name of justice  :wink: Just saying..
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7264 on: 29 September 2017, 16:46 »
Ps in cases like this the coppers won't be bothered at all for a car park scrape, unfortunately.

Unfortunately agree.  Police couldn't have been less arsed about my hit and run on roundabout last year, they did absolutely nothing, and that was with witness at the scene who made a statement, and cctv on the roundabout, etc.  Insurance now £250 more than before accident!
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline fredgroves

• Serious forum addict
  • Professional Um Bongo drinker
« Reply #7265 on: 29 September 2017, 17:03 »
You've got to be pretty lucky to find a type of crime they are interested in these days.

Most of the time they only serve to provide a crime number for your insurers. We could probably replace them with a machine that hands out numbered tickets like at the deli counter in the supermarket and save some tax payers money.

Try reporting someone was nasty to you on Facebook or Twitter though, they are REALLY interested in that "cyber crime". Makes them feel like Blade Runner or something.

Sorry, one of my biggest bug bears after years of being a victim of various types of crime.
Current: Mk8 GTI DSG, Adelaides, DCC, HUD, HK, Winter Pack, Rear Camera.. Aka "HMS Weasel"

Gone: 2017 Mk7.5 GTD,manual, NavPro
Gone: 2014 Mk7 GTD, manual, NavPro, DCC

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7266 on: 30 September 2017, 18:53 »
Took car to the body shop to get a quote for the insurance, the back door they reckon is fixable and maybe the front but maybe needs a new door, I asked about a doorskin so made myself look like a right numpty, was a real nice "shop",
I asked if I could borrow one of their teslas to try ludicrous mode 😂😂😂
and spent another hour on the phone to insurance to tell them who my nominated body shop was

Offline Vwjap

• I live here
« Reply #7267 on: 02 October 2017, 16:34 »
So traveling down motorway and heard a massive bang, turn out to be a stone hitting the screen and putting a 10 inch crack in it, also got a call from the insurance to say that the vehicle that hit me is uninsured and that I'm no longer entitled to a hire car

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7268 on: 02 October 2017, 17:04 »
So traveling down motorway and heard a massive bang, turn out to be a stone hitting the screen and putting a 10 inch crack in it, also got a call from the insurance to say that the vehicle that hit me is uninsured and that I'm no longer entitled to a hire car

That's bad news on all counts :sad: Hope they repair the car to as new for you.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline Guzzle

• I live here
« Reply #7269 on: 02 October 2017, 18:35 »
So is that the hire car with the big cracking in the screen or a different one?
7.5 GTD