Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785002 times)

Offline Dr Mike Oxgreen

• GTI forum regular
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7230 on: 23 September 2017, 12:19 »
I'm going to risk taking the thread away from "Carry On" territory, and make a boring post about what I've actually done to my Mark 7 GTI.  I know, I know...

When you say set I take it you mean a pair as opposed to all 4?  Can't match that price for 2 or 4 on their website even with £60 Michelin cash back - for 18s or 19s.  I need to replace all 4 imminently but holding out for a 4 for 3 Pirelli or Goodyear deal that pops up with kwik fit now and again.

The price of £388 was for a set of four 225/40 x 18" Michelin PS4, fitted, nitrogen filled.  Costco have an offer of £50 off (£60 allowing for VAT) a set of four Michelins until 24 September.. And, as I said, they take care of your wheels.  Go to Kwik Fit at your peril.

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7231 on: 23 September 2017, 16:49 »
Today I have come to the conclusion that Cornish flies eat glue.

Yes, today I've washed my car so you can all sit there staring at your monitors feeling justifiably proud of me.
I think the front bumper alone took nearly an hour to scrub. You'd think Mummy fly would tell the baby flies not to play near dual carriageways wouldn't you?

I'd like to claim that I'd just got back from Cornwall and hence the flies, but alas that was a few weeks ago now and it's rained just about every day since, and for about two months before that so the car was pretty grubby even before I left. Oh and it gives rain all day and all night tomorrow.  :rolleyes:

Photos? Nah, couldn't be arsed so I'll leave you to sit there feeling proud of me using your imagination as to what a clean black and white Ed40 looks like.
 :whistle:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline CocoPops

• I live here
« Reply #7232 on: 23 September 2017, 19:51 »
Lay wet kitchen roll over the bumper, or baby wipes, it softens the baked flies.
2018 GTI Performance Pack DSG 5dr, Tornado Red, Leather, 18" Seville Wheels, DCC Suspension, Tints, RVC
2018 Lotus Elise Sport220
Previous : 1983 Mk1 Golf 1.1 & 2008 Mk5 Golf GTI Ed30

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7233 on: 23 September 2017, 23:20 »
Lay wet kitchen roll over the bumper, or baby wipes, it softens the baked flies.
Top tip!

Thanks  :smiley:

That's one to remember for next summer.
:afro:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
« Reply #7234 on: 24 September 2017, 09:03 »
Got my dash cam fitted by Monkeyhanger. Very pleased with it.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline wantmygti

• I live here
« Reply #7235 on: 24 September 2017, 09:21 »
Top tip!

Thanks  :smiley:

That's one to remember for next summer.
:afro:

Works well if shifting a dried on bird poo too.
2017 GTi Clubsport arrived June 2017
2007 Shadow Blue GTi, sold on after 10 years ownership

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7236 on: 24 September 2017, 09:38 »
One of those pan scrubber things works a treat on welded on flies and bird poo.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7237 on: 24 September 2017, 11:47 »

After a catastrophic failure of my prized small wheel woolie (I had to watch what autocorrect did with the little phrase!) I think a pan scrubber might be a good idea for cleaning my wheels in future too. It'd cause less scratches than my errant woolie.

Brillo pad or wire wool? Maybe I'd best ask in the detailing section...
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7238 on: 24 September 2017, 12:13 »

After a catastrophic failure of my prized small wheel woolie (I had to watch what autocorrect did with the little phrase!) I think a pan scrubber might be a good idea for cleaning my wheels in future too. It'd cause less scratches than my errant woolie.

Brillo pad or wire wool? Maybe I'd best ask in the detailing section...

D'oh !  Oh no - wheel woolie failure!  :cry:  The pan scrubber will give you an even spread of scratches so will hide the woolie scratches and overall be much more aesthetically pleasing.  :grin:

You don't need to stick your head in the dungeon of the detailing section, it comes to you, yes, we do home visits to other sections for a small charge.  Leave the cash stuffed brown envelope that DTUK Andrew leaves on your doorstep, on my doorstep. Sharing is caring.  You are wise not to call into the detailing section, stick your neck in too far and you will be sucked into the detailing vortex never to be seen in the more sociable (normal) areas of the forum ever again.  :laugh:

Brillo pad or Wire wool,  whichever is the more aggressive, Brillo is injected with detergent so 2 in 1 multipurpose, what value for money!
« Last Edit: 24 September 2017, 12:17 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline phope

• I live here
« Reply #7239 on: 24 September 2017, 19:33 »
Started what I thought would be a 1/2 hour job to clean the winter wheels that have been tucked away in the garage since the spring to prep them for putting on next month, and ended up cleaning the wheels, as well as two cars  :grin:

4 hours later as the light began to fade....Tornado Red really is such a great colour  :cool:

Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special