Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785026 times)

Offline mcmaddy

• Forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #7120 on: 07 September 2017, 16:27 »
Are the pressures different on the FL? It's 36psi on standard 18s on mine.
TCR, Pure Grey, DCC, Dynaudio and Climate Screen.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7121 on: 08 September 2017, 17:31 »
Not what I've done but another motorist who locked up their brakes in the wet and rear ended my GTI. Initially thought it was okay but on closer inspection the bumper is cracked, about a 4 inch horizontal one from the right side of the numberplate indent :angry: :cry: I'd slowed down and pulled to the left to let an ambulance pass between the two lanes of traffic, looked in the mirror and saw the car just as it hit me. 33 years I've been driving, never had an accident before this year and now I've been hit twice in broad daylight. It's not like the car is difficult to spot, TR is so bright it can be seen from the bl**dy moon! :rolleyes:

So, another call to Direct Line, more paperwork but at least it's driveable in the meantime and no-one has been hurt (apart from my sore neck which no is not an attempt to claim for whiplash. Unless it is whiplash, I'm seeing my physio on Tuesday, he'll sort it).
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
« Reply #7122 on: 08 September 2017, 17:49 »
Not what I've done but another motorist who locked up their brakes in the wet and rear ended my GTI. Initially thought it was okay but on closer inspection the bumper is cracked, about a 4 inch horizontal one from the right side of the numberplate indent :angry: :cry: I'd slowed down and pulled to the left to let an ambulance pass between the two lanes of traffic, looked in the mirror and saw the car just as it hit me. 33 years I've been driving, never had an accident before this year and now I've been hit twice in broad daylight. It's not like the car is difficult to spot, TR is so bright it can be seen from the bl**dy moon! :rolleyes:

So, another call to Direct Line, more paperwork but at least it's driveable in the meantime and no-one has been hurt (apart from my sore neck which no is not an attempt to claim for whiplash. Unless it is whiplash, I'm seeing my physio on Tuesday, he'll sort it).

Oh no! :shocked: sorry to hear that Watts. Hopefully with two incidents, that's your bad luck over and done with now. Glad no one was injured (apart from your sore neck).

At least it shouldn't affect your no claims discount as the other driver was clearly at fault and replacing the bumper should be a straightforward repair.
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7123 on: 08 September 2017, 18:10 »

Oh no! :shocked: sorry to hear that Watts. Hopefully with two incidents, that's your bad luck over and done with now. Glad no one was injured (apart from your sore neck).

At least it shouldn't affect your no claims discount as the other driver was clearly at fault and replacing the bumper should be a straightforward repair.

Cheers SR,  you're right and despite my negativity towards DL with the way they initially handled my last claim (yet to be resolved, if ever) they did say today they would treat it as a not at fault claim and would waive my excess. And I did have a good trip, and I stopped at the world's biggest beer shop at Setchey near Kings Lynn which I would thoroughly recommend especially if there is anyone reading this who is coeliac/gluten free as they have a big selection. Although perhaps not quite as big now as it was earlier :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #7124 on: 08 September 2017, 20:55 »

Fcuk me, I'd park it on the roadside for a day or so because aren't these things supposed to happen in 3's

That is some bad luck you've had.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7125 on: 08 September 2017, 21:39 »

Fcuk me, I'd park it on the roadside for a day or so because aren't these things supposed to happen in 3's

That is some bad luck you've had.

Now I'm worried! Hopefully though the bash I put into the front wing last year count's as the third :rolleyes: There's not going to be much original paint on the car, both front wings, passenger door and bumper non-original... Yet all the most stone chipped panels remain intact!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7126 on: 08 September 2017, 23:11 »
That's just crap Watts.  Really feel for you and the car!  Hopefully all be sorted and this spell of bad occurs ces behind you.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #7127 on: 09 September 2017, 08:44 »
That's just crap Watts.  Really feel for you and the car!  Hopefully all be sorted and this spell of bad occurs ces behind you.

Thanks, was pretty pi$$ed off yesterday but fine about it today. It's pretty minor in the scheme of things.
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #7128 on: 09 September 2017, 09:19 »

Thanks, was pretty pi$$ed off yesterday but fine about it today. It's pretty minor in the scheme of things.

That's the best attitude to have.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #7129 on: 09 September 2017, 09:20 »
So much for TR being easy to see!
It appears to make it a target.
Joking aside, it really pisses me off when I see a lovely car picking up unnecessary damage.
I've been lucky so far although I've probably jinxed myself now: (
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16