Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785005 times)

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6950 on: 14 July 2017, 15:50 »
Took the wife's for a spring which has not been used for a fortnight, some spiders have been made homeless and will be getting attacked with the cleaning products later this afternoon.
Cleaning anyone's car but my own is an absolute chore. Just can't manage put the same level of effort into it that I do with my own.
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6951 on: 14 July 2017, 16:10 »
Took the wife's for a spring which has not been used for a fortnight, some spiders have been made homeless and will be getting attacked with the cleaning products later this afternoon.
Cleaning anyone's car but my own is an absolute chore. Just can't manage put the same level of effort into it that I do with my own.

+++1. To be honest I find washing my own a bit of a chore these days. Washing my wife's car is definitely not my favourite activity. The fact that its always much filthier than my own doesn't help.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6952 on: 14 July 2017, 16:46 »
Bought a cool keyring...  :cool:

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

mattwilko92

« Reply #6953 on: 15 July 2017, 19:49 »
Decided to rotate my front/back wheels in the process ended up doing washing them + the sills and brakes, doing a decon and applied Gtechniq C5 to the wheels and calipers. Hopefully make them stay a bit cleaner and make cleaning them easier.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?d
« Reply #6954 on: 15 July 2017, 22:18 »
Gave mine its first proper clean.
1. Snow foam
2. Bilthamber autowheel
3. Hand wash (2 buckets)
4. Clay bar
5. Coat of Auto Finesse Tripple
6. Coat PolishAngel Master Sealant
7. Auto Finesse Glisten final detail
8. Carbon Collective Metal Lustre for exhausts

Didn't have time to use Platinum Wheel sealant so that's for next weekend  :smiley:

Doesn't look too shabby now... then went for a drive!

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6955 on: 16 July 2017, 13:54 »

That's a stunner!  :cool:  Brilliant detailing work.  :smiley:  Facelift GTI looks so much better than facelift R imo.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6956 on: 16 July 2017, 15:21 »

That's a stunner!  :cool:  Brilliant detailing work.  :smiley:  Facelift GTI looks so much better than facelift R imo.
Agreed there Ms B, a good job done there Jim and yes, the FL GTI does look really good. The Indium works well with the red accents and black trim too.
The Parkers get a lot of negativity but having seen a few sets in the flesh they look quite good and remind me of old Porsche wheels brought up to date blended with GTI Monzas with a bit of a slant (which admittedly makes no sense but you can see where the designers were looking just like when you hear some modern dance mixes containing lots of samples of classics).
One word to add: "spacers"
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6957 on: 16 July 2017, 17:58 »

Thanks for the comments  :smiley: The only Mk7.5 R that I've seen on the road was briefly an estate coming the other way so haven't really had chance to have a good look.
« Last Edit: 16 July 2017, 18:52 by Jim_mk7.5 »
NOW - 330e M Sport

Offline Ritchie2

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6958 on: 16 July 2017, 18:37 »
Is it just me or does the R look like much more of a sleeper than the GTI? Not been overly impressed with the looks of the R at all to be honest given the direct competition (RS, Type R, RS3 etc.)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6959 on: 16 July 2017, 18:54 »

Agreed there Ms B, a good job done there Jim and yes, the FL GTI does look really good. The Indium works well with the red accents and black trim too.
The Parkers get a lot of negativity but having seen a few sets in the flesh they look quite good and remind me of old Porsche wheels brought up to date blended with GTI Monzas with a bit of a slant (which admittedly makes no sense but you can see where the designers were looking just like when you hear some modern dance mixes containing lots of samples of classics).
One word to add: "spacers"

Thanks for the comments. Re the Parkers, don't think a lot of pics do them any justice and once minted up, the black details look great. Yes some spaces on the rear would fill them out a bit  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport