Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785020 times)

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6920 on: 11 July 2017, 21:59 »
Had my first drive...

Well what's it like then Jim? I know a picture tells a thousand words but I think a thousand words is overdue!  :laugh:

Yes, loving it so far. My first hot hatch which is a poor effort considering I will be turning 39 at the start of next month and have always loved cars. It had less than 10 miles on when I collected so took it pretty steady but had a few bursts of full throttle and it pulls well. I've been fortunate to drive some pretty rapid things on the road in the last 12 months or so (New M3, M4 Comp, 458 Italia, new RS3, S8 Plus) but the GTI still feels quick and think it's going to be a great car for the next 12 months. It's a company car so will be doing around 10k per year of mixed driving.

From a daily driving point of view, it feels as easy to drive as my previous car which was a new shape C200 AMG Line with the 7 speed auto. Also feels less crashy over the bad Sheffield roads as the Merc was on run flats with the sports suspension. The Merc was very well equipped so will probably a few things but the GTI has a very nice and pleasantly up market feel to the interior especially with the new glass panel sat nav.

Going to be doing a new car detail on it this weekend hopefully trying out some great products  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6921 on: 12 July 2017, 16:13 »
Had my first drive...

Well what's it like then Jim? I know a picture tells a thousand words but I think a thousand words is overdue!  :laugh:

Yes, loving it so far. My first hot hatch which is a poor effort considering I will be turning 39 at the start of next month and have always loved cars. It had less than 10 miles on when I collected so took it pretty steady but had a few bursts of full throttle and it pulls well. I've been fortunate to drive some pretty rapid things on the road in the last 12 months or so (New M3, M4 Comp, 458 Italia, new RS3, S8 Plus) but the GTI still feels quick and think it's going to be a great car for the next 12 months. It's a company car so will be doing around 10k per year of mixed driving.

From a daily driving point of view, it feels as easy to drive as my previous car which was a new shape C200 AMG Line with the 7 speed auto. Also feels less crashy over the bad Sheffield roads as the Merc was on run flats with the sports suspension. The Merc was very well equipped so will probably a few things but the GTI has a very nice and pleasantly up market feel to the interior especially with the new glass panel sat nav.

Going to be doing a new car detail on it this weekend hopefully trying out some great products  :smiley:

Nice one Jim.
Interesting observations.
The GTI is an excellent all rounder, are you really only keeping it for 12 months?

Exonian - imho Barcelona is a big pile of poo pants. A bit childish I admit, but I'm a fair bit into a rather lovely bottle of red :smiley: Barcelona to me is the constant smell of wee from the side streets and pick pockets everywhere. I'm sure there are nice aspects but not that I recall. Perhaps a tad predictable but I love Paris, the atmosphere, small galleries and great food and wine. I'd thoroughly recommend Krakow though. A beautiful city with so much heritage and history (not all pleasant unfortunately). The Poles are so friendly, the vodka bars amazing and the architecture beautiful. Food superb and the booze plus, most important to us, you can go shooting. Proper shooting, Glocks, magnums and AKs, love it! :smiley:
Interesting thoughts there Watts. You should do a review or two on tripadvisor!  :laugh:
I've got a Paris trip lined up in about six weeks funnily enough.
I can't see SWMBO enjoying Krakow as she doesn't drink and I really can't see her wanting to shoot guns unless she could bring them home and practice on the neighbours, random passers by, people driving using a mobile...

I was at the Cruilla festival near the beach at Barcelona so I didn't smell too much piss.
If you've never been, I would highly recommend it but I've only ever been to Barcelona with mates, never the wife : )
Apart from JK who I find amazingly irritating that looked to be a good line up, i'm even more envious now!
I'm sure the smell of wee would have been drowned out by other more fragrant things at the festival, which is probably just as well if the loos are anything like your average British festival portaloos.

I take it your were there as a paying customer not actually performing? Do you have a secret second identity?  :laugh:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6922 on: 12 July 2017, 17:24 »
Had my first drive...

Nice one Jim.
The GTI is an excellent all rounder, are you really only keeping it for 12 months?

Apologies, typo! Will have it for 24 months....  :smiley:
NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6923 on: 12 July 2017, 23:46 »
Recently got the drive converted from stones and mud to monoblok  :grin: Best decision Ive made in a while so to celebrate I lined our Golfs up to take a cheeky wee picture.

The best Golf club I've joined  :grin: :grin:

HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6924 on: 13 July 2017, 00:20 »
Recently got the drive converted from stones and mud to monoblok  :grin: Best decision Ive made in a while so to celebrate I lined our Golfs up to take a cheeky wee picture.

That's a great pic Stevie, and a great line up!   :cool:

Driveway looks ace, wish mine was like that.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6925 on: 13 July 2017, 09:26 »

Great drive, great line-up, great generosity! Can I be your honorary son, pretty please? I like blue :whistle: :laugh:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6926 on: 13 July 2017, 10:52 »

That is a dam nice line up and I bet it get a fair few glances when people are passing by. All you need to do now is sell the van and get a GTD estate for work.

Driveway looks fantastic as well.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6927 on: 13 July 2017, 11:09 »

Nice pic of the variants, will have to dig out our three R shot with 3d, 5d and wagon
« Last Edit: 13 July 2017, 14:58 by wigit »

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6928 on: 13 July 2017, 12:49 »
Fantastic picture!
It's great seeing the three wheel variants lined up like that.
Not sure the FL wheels can compare but I've been in trouble for mentioning that before :whistle:
Love the drive as well :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6929 on: 13 July 2017, 12:51 »
Had my first drive...

Nice one Jim.

Exonian - imho Barcelona is a big pile of poo pants. A bit childish I admit, but I'm a fair bit into a rather lovely bottle of red :smiley: Barcelona to me is the constant smell of wee from the side streets and pick pockets everywhere. I'm sure there are nice aspects but not that I recall. Perhaps a tad predictable but I love Paris, the atmosphere, small galleries and great food and wine. I'd thoroughly recommend Krakow though. A beautiful city with so much heritage and history (not all pleasant unfortunately). The Poles are so friendly, the vodka bars amazing and the architecture beautiful. Food superb and the booze plus, most important to us, you can go shooting. Proper shooting, Glocks, magnums and AKs, love it! :smiley:
Interesting thoughts there Watts. You should do a review or two on tripadvisor!  :laugh:
I've got a Paris trip lined up in about six weeks funnily enough.
I can't see SWMBO enjoying Krakow as she doesn't drink and I really can't see her wanting to shoot guns unless she could bring them home and practice on the neighbours, random passers by, people driving using a mobile...

I was at the Cruilla festival near the beach at Barcelona so I didn't smell too much piss.
If you've never been, I would highly recommend it but I've only ever been to Barcelona with mates, never the wife : )
Apart from JK who I find amazingly irritating that looked to be a good line up, i'm even more envious now!
I'm sure the smell of wee would have been drowned out by other more fragrant things at the festival, which is probably just as well if the loos are anything like your average British festival portaloos.

I take it your were there as a paying customer not actually performing? Do you have a secret second identity?  :laugh:
No I was performing.....I operate JK's hat :smiley:

5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16