Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785048 times)

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6910 on: 10 July 2017, 15:28 »
Yeah the new Arteon is very nice looking!

Pricey enough though from what I've seen, and I'm not sure about the UK but here in Ireland they're only offering it with diesel engines. For now anyway.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6911 on: 10 July 2017, 17:46 »
Not as nice a the outgoing CC in my view which wasn't as nice as the pre facelift CC although the chassis on it needed the MBQ treatment.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6912 on: 10 July 2017, 17:49 »
Yeah the new Arteon is very nice looking!

Pricey enough though from what I've seen, and I'm not sure about the UK but here in Ireland they're only offering it with diesel engines. For now anyway.

You can't even order one here yet Joe but as is often the case Ireland gets cars quicker than the UK

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6913 on: 10 July 2017, 19:23 »
I don't like the look of any CC, facelifted or not, whereas the Arteon or whatever it's called is a real looker :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6914 on: 10 July 2017, 19:34 »
Yeah tbh I never saw the CC as anything other than a slightly nicer looking Passat and I think that's what VW were aiming to get away from with the new car.
Question is would you buy one over say a BMW 420/430 Gran Coupe or whatever the Audi (A7?) equivalent is.
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6915 on: 10 July 2017, 20:35 »
I always thought the CC was looked great from the first time I seen one but granted they were just a tatted up Passat. Would I take one over a 4 series GT, yes but not over an A7 although I don't think the A7 is in the same level of the A7 as in the A7 is levels above it.

Offline Jim_mk7.5

• I live here
« Reply #6916 on: 10 July 2017, 22:09 »
Had my first drive...

NOW - 330e M Sport
GONE - 2018 Mk7.5 GTI Performance 5dr DSG, Tungsten Silver, 2017 Mk7.5 GTI 5dr DSG, Indium Grey

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6917 on: 11 July 2017, 20:20 »
Had my first drive...

Well what's it like then Jim? I know a picture tells a thousand words but I think a thousand words is overdue!  :laugh:

Spent the weekend in Barcelona and spotted this at the airport on the way home.
Great looking car in the flesh and the wheels on it were very nice indeed :drool:

How the other half live eh?  :grin:
I've had a suggestion (which is a code word for an order) that we go to Barcelona next year.
I think it's probably something to do with me spending the next ten years worth of holiday funds on a Clubsport relegating us to short breaks from here on in.
What's Barca like?

I keep seeing pics of the Arteon dotted around and can't make my mind up whether it's too fussy or a 'bold step for normally staid Volkswagen' but if it hints at a new generation Scirocco I'm all ears. The Arteon is about 10 ft too long for my car requirements.

I did like the CC though, it was quite funky for a Passat and I had a couple hire ones that were quite nice (but about 10 ft too long for me).
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6918 on: 11 July 2017, 20:47 »
Exonian - imho Barcelona is a big pile of poo pants. A bit childish I admit, but I'm a fair bit into a rather lovely bottle of red :smiley: Barcelona to me is the constant smell of wee from the side streets and pick pockets everywhere. I'm sure there are nice aspects but not that I recall. Perhaps a tad predictable but I love Paris, the atmosphere, small galleries and great food and wine. I'd thoroughly recommend Krakow though. A beautiful city with so much heritage and history (not all pleasant unfortunately). The Poles are so friendly, the vodka bars amazing and the architecture beautiful. Food superb and the booze plus, most important to us, you can go shooting. Proper shooting, Glocks, magnums and AKs, love it! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6919 on: 11 July 2017, 20:52 »
I was at the Cruilla festival near the beach at Barcelona so I didn't smell too much piss.
If you've never been, I would highly recommend it but I've only ever been to Barcelona with mates, never the wife : )
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16