Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785000 times)

Offline Gnasher

• I live here
  • Formerly GnasherVXR
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6840 on: 22 June 2017, 08:48 »
Glad your wheel woes are behind you kalimon, enjoy the bubbly!
Thanks Rebecca. God knows how you put up with the 3 seperate car park dings your R suffered, it must have pissed you off no end!

Frustrating but it happens!   A good bodyshop is worth its weight in gold.   No, it was the t*** that took me out on the roundabout that pissed me off, lol.  Still an open insurance claim a year later, all the while I'm paying increased insurance premium, grrr.

I know your pain - Mrs Gnasher had a prang when someone pulled out on her and wrote off her car. The car got paid out for but 18 months later due to still receiving treatment it's still classed as an open claim and (even though the 3rd party admitted liability) still can't be classified as a non fault claim and the associated loss of NCB etc. Allegedly when it finally gets sorted we can claim the increased premiums back but I'm not holding my breath!
2014 Golf GTI (PP) in Pure White with
Vienna Leather, Keyless Entry, High Beam Assist, Park Assist, Rear View Camera. Milltek Exhaust, Eibach Sportlines, 19" BBS SR wheels - SOLD!!!!!

2018 Audi TTRS in Nardo Grey with
Black pack, 20" Alloys, Privacy glass and Sports Exhaust. No mods yet!

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6841 on: 22 June 2017, 09:42 »
Glad your wheel woes are behind you kalimon, enjoy the bubbly!
Thanks Rebecca. God knows how you put up with the 3 seperate car park dings your R suffered, it must have pissed you off no end!

Frustrating but it happens!   A good bodyshop is worth its weight in gold.   No, it was the t*** that took me out on the roundabout that pissed me off, lol.  Still an open insurance claim a year later, all the while I'm paying increased insurance premium, grrr.

I know your pain - Mrs Gnasher had a prang when someone pulled out on her and wrote off her car. The car got paid out for but 18 months later due to still receiving treatment it's still classed as an open claim and (even though the 3rd party admitted liability) still can't be classified as a non fault claim and the associated loss of NCB etc. Allegedly when it finally gets sorted we can claim the increased premiums back but I'm not holding my breath!

Grrr for Mrs Gnasher.  Very similar, I'd get the increased premiums back if they can identify that the third party was at fault, but since they haven't even identified the third party yet, despite police involvement, it's going nowhere very slowly!  Until that point it's a 50/50 blame claim.
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6842 on: 22 June 2017, 10:58 »
@ I wanted a Lamborghini: the DIS looks good like that, I must have a play with VCDS if my cable ever returns to me to see if I can replicate. Is that the display theme Golf Match models come with?
I wonder how many hidden variables AID will come with that some bright spark will unlock sooner or later.

I have never been in a Match Golf so I don't know. I'm hoping to get a Mk7.5 GTD or GTi when my car goes in and I'm going to dig about in it with my OBDeleven.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline GE90

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6843 on: 22 June 2017, 19:12 »
I fitted the official VW Helix Plug & Play Sound Upgrade to my MK7 GTI.

I did much research before going for this, and found only really positive reviews about this kit. Helix is apparently a very well respected German audio company, and those that know their music have concluded that this is a great setup!

Installation took about 2 hours, and by purchasing a extended plastic retaining bolt (about £12.00), it is possible to keep the spare wheel.

The difference is nothing short of remarkable. I don't have much to compare it to except for the standard setup, and the Bose system I recently had in an Audi A1, but to say that I am pleased would be a significant understatement! A switch can be purchased (under £20 from VW), which enables a selection between standard and Helix. The amplifier and processor also powers the existing speakers, the result being a very clear crisp sound, with the front speakers only needing to deal with the mid bass.

The only downside was the need to purchase a programming dongle from VW to set select the correct vehicle, as it has pre-set settings. In the States a forum member purchased on and then rents it out for a small fee, but I couldn't find anyone in the UK offering this. It is only required for about 30 seconds to set! Happy to loan out if anyone needs it.

Anyway, any questions please let me know. As you can guess, I highly recommend this kit!

http://www.volkswagen-accessories.com/en/product-ranges/infotainment/plug-and-play-soundsystem.html
« Last Edit: 22 June 2017, 19:20 by GE90 »

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6844 on: 22 June 2017, 19:15 »
Does anyone else's glovebox look like this? Even after taking everything out(only a couple of small things, I don't keep the manual in there) it is the same.

Only when something's jammed in it or it's not shut properly.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6845 on: 22 June 2017, 19:31 »
If you are going to see the house I'd just say I was very disappointed. They have an exhibition of fashion at the moment and all the rooms are dimmed to the point you can't see much plus much of the house is covered for renovation. Unless you are going specifically for the event I'd strongly recommend you delay your visit. I can recommend Eyam Hall which is nearby. We went through Whitby yesterday for a rather nice day out at Robin Hood's Bay :smiley:

Ya manages all those steps Peter gee I was kn . . . ed when we did it a few year ago having a wk in Whitby.. did the bay wife wanted to do heartbeat town and pub and we did a day in York and Scarborough  :whistle:
Lovely drive didn't have rhe Gti but the wife's scirocco was a pleasure on the twisty roads..
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6846 on: 22 June 2017, 21:08 »
Does anyone else's glovebox look like this? Even after taking everything out(only a couple of small things, I don't keep the manual in there) it is the same.

Only when something's jammed in it or it's not shut properly.

Turns out that there is two(one each side) catches to keep it shut, the one on the passenger door side is sticking. If I push it in with my finger it sticks so to get it to close properly I have to bang it shut. I'm going to try some of this stuff on it tomorrow and see how it goes.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6847 on: 22 June 2017, 21:12 »
Gave my DIS a little bit of colour.

Ooh, me likey.....how did you do that please ?

Any more shots of what appears on the other screens ?

It only changes the DIS but I've been meaning to do it since I seen my sisters clubsport.

With OBDeleven
17 Instruments
Security code 20103
Adaptation
Select display depiction
Change to version 3(default is version 2 which is carbon fibre look and version 1 is the same as it was on my CC which is a nice shade of blue)

There is also a version 4 but that is not supported.

This is what version 1 looks like.

Offline Snooze

• I live here
« Reply #6848 on: 22 June 2017, 21:41 »
Managed to get 400miles out of a tank!  :laugh: Amazing what a few long journeys can do. Only used eco mode for half of that too.
2015 Mk7 Golf Gti 3dr Manual, Carbon Steel Grey, Michelin PS4's

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6849 on: 23 June 2017, 00:37 »
If you are going to see the house I'd just say I was very disappointed. They have an exhibition of fashion at the moment and all the rooms are dimmed to the point you can't see much plus much of the house is covered for renovation. Unless you are going specifically for the event I'd strongly recommend you delay your visit. I can recommend Eyam Hall which is nearby. We went through Whitby yesterday for a rather nice day out at Robin Hood's Bay :smiley:

Ya manages all those steps Peter gee I was kn . . . ed when we did it a few year ago having a wk in Whitby.. did the bay wife wanted to do heartbeat town and pub and we did a day in York and Scarborough  :whistle:
Lovely drive didn't have rhe Gti but the wife's scirocco was a pleasure on the twisty roads..

My brother in-law drove us all down in his Lexus GS, very comfy and quiet, all I had to do was sit back and relax. It's a bit of a trek down to the front but the way back up is easy when you are well fueled with beer, fish and chips! There's a pub near the front that sells Theakstons Old Peculier, a jolly good pint indeed! :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.