Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785016 times)

Offline SRGTD

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6830 on: 21 June 2017, 20:16 »
Cheers guys. It has been frustrating couple of months trying to get a new wheel out of them but it's all good now.
I asked to see the wheel before it was fitted and it was flawless, probaby better than the one they damaged to be honest.

I dread get another puncture or getting new tyres now though :whistle:

You need to find a good independent tyre fitting company who'll take good care of your wheels. I found one in my area that was over 20 miles from me but I was prepared to make the journey in the knowledge that the risk of damage to my wheels was low, rather than risk going to one of the 'couldn't care less' national tyre fitting places. Wherever you go, always get them to agree the condition of your wheels before they fit your tyres!
2020 Polo GTI Plus; Pure White, DSG (because they all are)
Gone but not forgotten;
2016 Polo GTI; Blue Silk
2011 mk6 Golf GTD; Carbon Grey
2007 mk5 Golf GT (2.0 170bhp TDI version); Deep Black Pearl
2002  mk4 Golf GTI (the 150 bhp diesel version); Deep Black Pearl

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6831 on: 21 June 2017, 20:57 »

[url=https://flic.kr/p/UJZVz6]
  [img width=736 h

Looks like Smith Knight Fay - Bolton? Kalimon
Yes, but now called Inchape Bolton.
The worst VW showroom I've ever seen, just a pile of bottom of the range Polo's and Golf's with the odd Tiguan thrown in for good measure.
A few better models outside to be fair :smiley:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6832 on: 21 June 2017, 20:59 »
Glad your wheel woes are behind you kalimon, enjoy the bubbly!
Thanks Rebecca. God knows how you put up with the 3 seperate car park dings your R suffered, it must have pissed you off no end!
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6833 on: 21 June 2017, 21:08 »
Taken mine on holiday! From home in west London to Chatsworth house in Derbyshire, now enjoying some local ale at an excellent pub near Matlock Bath. Tomorrow driving to see family near Middlesbrough. Didn't get to explore the performance much as there seemed to be the threat of a speed camera every 10 feet on the M25 and the M1, plus a few 50 zones, so at least the economy was good at nearly 45mpg over the 165 miles. Aircon was excellent and the ride superb even on 19s without DCC. What a great all-rounder :smiley:

Driven home today from Middlesbrough after a nice few days away totalling around 590 miles. GTI was a great little chariot, very comfortable (ride and aircon), excellent pickup without having to drop a gear at motorway speeds and another good economy reading, 44mpg dead over 265 miles with every possible combination of motorway driving conditions. Love it :smiley:

Funnily enough I am off to Chatsworth tomorrow then driving up to Whitby so similar route, the VWs are being left at home though  :smiley:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6834 on: 21 June 2017, 21:17 »
If you are going to see the house I'd just say I was very disappointed. They have an exhibition of fashion at the moment and all the rooms are dimmed to the point you can't see much plus much of the house is covered for renovation. Unless you are going specifically for the event I'd strongly recommend you delay your visit. I can recommend Eyam Hall which is nearby. We went through Whitby yesterday for a rather nice day out at Robin Hood's Bay :smiley:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline wigit

• I live here
« Reply #6835 on: 21 June 2017, 21:32 »
If you are going to see the house I'd just say I was very disappointed. They have an exhibition of fashion at the moment and all the rooms are dimmed to the point you can't see much plus much of the house is covered for renovation. Unless you are going specifically for the event I'd strongly recommend you delay your visit. I can recommend Eyam Hall which is nearby. We went through Whitby yesterday for a rather nice day out at Robin Hood's Bay :smiley:

More a fan of the grounds and been booked a while

Robin Hood Bay is on the list

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6836 on: 21 June 2017, 21:34 »

Should be a good trip then, enjoy!
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6837 on: 21 June 2017, 21:37 »

I'm with you on that, the grounds are fantastic.
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6838 on: 21 June 2017, 21:53 »
Glad your wheel woes are behind you kalimon, enjoy the bubbly!
Thanks Rebecca. God knows how you put up with the 3 seperate car park dings your R suffered, it must have pissed you off no end!

Frustrating but it happens!   A good bodyshop is worth its weight in gold.   No, it was the t*** that took me out on the roundabout that pissed me off, lol.  Still an open insurance claim a year later, all the while I'm paying increased insurance premium, grrr. 
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6839 on: 22 June 2017, 05:46 »
@ kalimon: phew! At last it's sorted. Good to see. Well done for posting up the other pics too, the CS looks a nice one in red with black Prets and that R looks the business too  :cool:

@ I wanted a Lamborghini: the DIS looks good like that, I must have a play with VCDS if my cable ever returns to me to see if I can replicate. Is that the display theme Golf Match models come with?
I wonder how many hidden variables AID will come with that some bright spark will unlock sooner or later.
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner