Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785022 times)

Offline Exonian

• Serious forum addict
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6780 on: 11 June 2017, 16:04 »
Cleaned it.

Where did I leave my sunglasses... I need them to look at that!
 :cool:  :smiley:
‘23 8R
Serial white Golf owner

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6781 on: 11 June 2017, 16:30 »
Cleaned it.

Didn't you once get in trouble for this kind of behaviour Rebecca? :laugh:
Hope Craig doesn't spot your post :whistle:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6782 on: 11 June 2017, 17:10 »
Didn't you once get in trouble for this kind of behaviour Rebecca? :laugh:
Hope Craig doesn't spot your post :whistle:

Yes.  I now usually just post a link to the post in the detailing section, but since my fellow detailers seem to get away posting in both, I thought I'd run the gauntlet this once.  If anyone finds it intolerably offensive I will remove it.  :tongue:
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6783 on: 11 June 2017, 17:37 »
Looks amazing^ was in the dealer today to hopefully change the GTi to a used R left it with them to find a suitable spec.

What spec are you looking for?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6784 on: 11 June 2017, 17:38 »
Cleaned it.

Where did I leave my sunglasses... I need them to look at that!
 :cool:  :smiley:

Lol, it made a nice change to have the sun out for once, it's usually turns overcast the second I whip out a camera.  :laugh:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #6785 on: 11 June 2017, 18:25 »
Looks amazing^ was in the dealer today to hopefully change the GTi to a used R left it with them to find a suitable spec.

Trying not to be over fussy as trying to find well specced ones are difficult, 3dr DSG and the 19's are the must haves any colour considered except white said I would maybe take a car with the 18's if it had some good options, glass roof is what I really like but rare I'm in no rush so will see what they can come up with.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6786 on: 11 June 2017, 19:18 »

Trying not to be over fussy as trying to find well specced ones are difficult, 3dr DSG and the 19's are the must haves any colour considered except white said I would maybe take a car with the 18's if it had some good options, glass roof is what I really like but rare I'm in no rush so will see what they can come up with.

Good luck with your search, it's worth the wait.
« Last Edit: 11 June 2017, 19:52 by Booth11 »
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline TwoSheds

• GTI forum regular
« Reply #6787 on: 11 June 2017, 20:31 »

Have you had a nose at the VWUK website ?

There are 68 used Mk7 R's listed (3door with DSG)

Offline dereks

• Here all the time
« Reply #6788 on: 11 June 2017, 21:22 »

Have you had a nose at the VWUK website ?

There are 68 used Mk7 R's listed (3door with DSG)

Yeah actually seen a few I like but I'm happy to wait a while for my dealer to see what he can find, I've got a good relationship with them and have a knack of finding what people want also he's already offered a great price on my GTi as he's low on stock.

For now I will wait but obviously if nothing crops up I will look elsewhere.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6789 on: 11 June 2017, 21:26 »
Made the most of the nice weather.