Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2784992 times)

Offline phope

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6600 on: 18 May 2017, 13:06 »
Bodyshop is quoting 593+ Vat for that tiny dent on my wing - that's taking the piss and definitely want Dent Devils to give a 2nd opinion now!!

Sounds a bit steep really.

It does IMHO - Dent Devils weren't too keen to try having seen the pictures only but I also visited a local Chipsaway franchise for someone to look at it directly - he's got the bulk of it out now after a 15 minute visit to his workshop today and is confident that a smart repair for the rest will be a full fix - quoting £120 plus VAT.  The guy was knowledgeable and helpful so will get a bit of feedback from some other guys I know to see if he is all that he is cracked up to be
Golf Mk8 R order cancelled...awaiting company car instead
Tiguan 1.5 Elegance for the wife & dogs
Skoda 1.5 SEL cheap lease special

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6601 on: 18 May 2017, 15:44 »
When I was working on the farm at home I used to go from my moms farm to my dads farm with a tractor, bail trailer, bailer and bail sledge. It was in rural Ireland in the 80's but you can imagine the cars behind but I used to pull over to let them by every few miles.

I used to work on a farm in school and college holidays. When I was 16, I was driving a tractor on the road on my own on L plates, and at harvest time, towing loaded bale trailers. They must have been at least 30 tonnes. I think it was legal then, but looking back it was nuts. Tractors were much slower then too (perhaps a good thing considering my inexperience) so I had some fairly long convoys behind me. :grin:
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6602 on: 18 May 2017, 16:10 »
Taken mine to see about having some bits of it wrapped in gloss black.

Already started tinkering?  How is the new Golf Simon?
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

https://www.flickr.com/photos/booth11

Offline kalimon

• I live here
  • My other car's a van
« Reply #6603 on: 18 May 2017, 16:26 »
More like what I attempted to do to my Mk 7 today :rolleyes:
Took the car back into the dealers to have my damaged alloy replaced, only to be told that the brand new alloy sent to them by VW was also damaged, albeit slightly :shocked:
The mechanic said he wasn't comfortable fitting it as he knew I wouldn't be happy with it. My reputation must have preceded me :smiley:
Another 2 hours I'll never get back!
It's becoming a pain in the arse now and I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever get sorted :sad:
5 DR Mk 7 GTI PP
Carbon Grey, Dynaudio, Car Net App, High Beam Assist, Rear View Camera. Collected 14/03/16

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6604 on: 18 May 2017, 17:09 »
More like what I attempted to do to my Mk 7 today :rolleyes:
Took the car back into the dealers to have my damaged alloy replaced, only to be told that the brand new alloy sent to them by VW was also damaged, albeit slightly :shocked:
The mechanic said he wasn't comfortable fitting it as he knew I wouldn't be happy with it. My reputation must have preceded me :smiley:
Another 2 hours I'll never get back!
It's becoming a pain in the arse now and I'm beginning to wonder if it will ever get sorted :sad:

That reminds of someone's experience on here a few years back. They needed a replacement wheel from VW and it turned up damaged, so another was ordered - damaged.....then another...  Iirc 4 wheels something like 4 wheels in total were ordered all damaged.  Hopefully that was a one off!
« Last Edit: 18 May 2017, 17:11 by Booth11 »
Black Beauty: MK7 R 5dr DSG, DBP, 19" Pretoria, DCC, Vienna leather, Keyless, Dynaudio, DNS Pro, Rear camera, HBA
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline JoeGTI

• I live here
« Reply #6605 on: 18 May 2017, 17:52 »
The wheels get damaged easily in transit. They're packed into light cardboard boxes with no packaging / padding so you can only imagine how knocked around they get in transit!
MK8 GTI Clubsport. Reflex silver, Estorils, and a few other bits.

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6606 on: 18 May 2017, 18:40 »
The wheels get damaged easily in transit. They're packed into light cardboard boxes with no packaging / padding so you can only imagine how knocked around they get in transit!

Not even any bubble wrap?  That's madness! 
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual

Offline gtiaps

• I live here
« Reply #6607 on: 18 May 2017, 19:41 »

Not even any bubble wrap?  That's madness!

No wrap flimsy boxes and the carriers don't care they just throw them about my 1st set of winter alloys arrived as I was informed  " square " lol but luckily the 2nd set arrived ok 2 boxes inside one and with a polystyrene lid on the wheel face  :whistle:
2010 Candy White Scirocco 2.0 TDI
2016 Carbon Grey Gti 2.0 Fully Loaded

COLLECTED 29/4/2016 and well pleased with the GTI😆😆

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6608 on: 18 May 2017, 19:57 »
Washed it, and I'm now washing the mitt and drying towels. Not together btw before Booth11 sees this and has a......
5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline Booth11

• Serious forum addict
« Reply #6609 on: 18 May 2017, 20:00 »

Washed it, and I'm now washing the mitt and drying towels. Not together btw before Booth11 sees this and has a......

I really wish we had a 'the finger' emoji on the smiley menu on this forum, but in absence of that.....  :rolleyes:
2012 MK6 GTI DSG
2008 MK5 GTI DSG
2005 MK5 GTI Manual