Author Topic: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?  (Read 2785036 times)

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
Re: What have you done to your MK 7 today ?
« Reply #6570 on: 11 May 2017, 09:46 »
Road Trip?  :smiley:

Euro tunnel and Forton Services Lancaster that's a good run on its own lol :whistle:

Certainly was, returning from Serigne in France to Aberdeen in a oner. Thanks largely to how good these things are ☺️

This is the trip we do and in the CC it was ok without a stopover but I'm not so sure about doing it in a Golf

5 door GTD in night blue collected 1/3/17

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6571 on: 11 May 2017, 21:47 »
Finally got a some spare time in the near future to book the car in with all the problems it has.

Forgot to say I had a good look at a white silver Mk7.5 and I really didn't like it although it wasn't a 'performance' Golf so it could be different on them. The photos I've seen of white silver are really nice and they were on an R but the car today really put me off.

I didn't take a photo of the car but you can see it in this photo of a Clubsport that my wife took rather a large liking to :whistle:

If you look closely you can also see another GTD in night blue but with Santiago's and she looked at that and asked why I didn't get those wheels :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: 11 May 2017, 23:04 by I wanted a GTi »

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6572 on: 12 May 2017, 07:57 »

This is the trip we do and in the CC it was ok without a stopover but I'm not so sure about doing it in a Golf

Portsmouth - Saint Malo overnight ferry would have saved you a hell of a lot of miles and tolls.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6573 on: 12 May 2017, 09:36 »

Portsmouth - Saint Malo overnight ferry would have saved you a hell of a lot of miles and tolls.

I don't like boats and I like driving so the Euro tunnel is much faster. The tolls are not that bad considering there are very rarely holdups. We go to bed early afternoon and leave home around 11pm to get the 1am tunnel crossing and we there in time for a beer that night.

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6574 on: 12 May 2017, 09:41 »
I don't like boats and I like driving so the Euro tunnel is much faster. The tolls are not that bad considering there are very rarely holdups. We go to bed early afternoon and leave home around 11pm to get the 1am tunnel crossing and we there in time for a beer that night.

That's one hell of a long drive :shocked: Better not show it to my OH given all the kicking and screaming I do whenever she mentions going to see her family in Blackpool :laugh: :whistle:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline I wanted a GTi

• I live here
« Reply #6575 on: 12 May 2017, 10:09 »

That's one hell of a long drive :shocked: Better not show it to my OH given all the kicking and screaming I do whenever she mentions going to see her family in Blackpool :laugh: :whistle:

I used to do that mileage in a week so doing it all in one go is nothing.  :whistle:

Offline Watts

• Forum addict
« Reply #6576 on: 12 May 2017, 12:42 »
Got mine booked in for it's second service today on a while I wait appointment, much more practical that way.

While I was there though had a look around and finally saw my first Clubsport! £31k on 1k miles, 5 door white with a black roof, dsg, leather and Brescias. Looked really great, not 'in your face' at all but still with that look of something that means business! I even liked the white and the Brescias just as smart as I thought they would be and definitely looked easier to clean than my Santiagos.

They also had two night blue cars, an R and a GTI, very smart colour and with my sensible hat on one I could've been tempted by. Looking closely at the GTI which was on Santiagos, I noticed the osf tyre was a Michelin which seemed odd as I didn't think VW fitted those but, the other three were Pirellis, not sure having one new and different make of tyre on the front axle would be a particularly good idea :shocked:
2019 Oryx White 5dr TCR.

Was - 2015 Tornado Red 3dr GTI PP, manual, Santiagos, Audi short shifter.

Offline dubber36

• Forum addict
« Reply #6577 on: 12 May 2017, 17:15 »
Collected it from the dealers.
Red Mk6 gone replaced with a white Mk7 which has gone too. Green Mk2 here to stay.

Offline Jdm owner

• Not said much yet
« Reply #6578 on: 12 May 2017, 18:32 »
Ordered some 3sdm 0.09 in gold 18.5j et 42

Offline p3asa

• Forum addict
« Reply #6579 on: 15 May 2017, 23:55 »
Bit the bullet and have just ordered a new R, complete poverty spec apart from gloss black mirrors. I am Scottish after all  :grin:

Brilliant Craig you'll love it.
I went the manual to DSG route on the R. Definitely gets the most from the car.

Richard at RGK detailed and protected mine. I'm sure you used him before on the GTI.
HIS: R 5dr DSG Lapiz: Tech Pack: Keyless: 90% Tints: Pretorias: Rear View Camera
HERS:  GTI 5dr Manual DBP: Parking Pack: Car-Net App: 90% Privacy Glass. Ordered 05-12-15. Delivered 03-03-16
DONATED TO SON:  GTD 5dr Manual White: Nav Pro: Dynaudio: Winter Pack: Sport & Sound Pack: Rear View Camera: Park Assist. Ordered 19-02-14. Delivered: 07-06-14